Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to buy Strollers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:34 pm
Hi everyone:)

Bh looking to buy a carriage ( the bugaboo Fox) and a Doona and was wondering where in the tristate area was the best place to buy them in terms of pricing and costumer service?

Is it better to buy through bed bath and beyond or a Jewish store? Would a Jewish store give any discount for buying both or have floor models or the like? Any store has very reliable long term costumer service?

We are either Lakewood or monsey based.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:42 pm
I buy my strollers online
Never had an issue with any of them so didn’t need any customer service really.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:44 pm
Intereted in purchasing a used bugaboo?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:54 pm
Pishposh in Lakewood has amazing customer service.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:57 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Pishposh in Lakewood has amazing customer service.

Are they open to any sort of negotiating or totally not?

OBnursemom

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 5:11 am
No stores are open to negotiating. You only get to negotiate when you buy second hand. You could try and find a coupon, but usually Bugaboo is excluded. Albee Baby seems to be having an online sale on Bugaboo. You might want to check it out.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are they open to any sort of negotiating or totally not?

No. But you could pick less expensive options, those are some of the most expensive strollers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:46 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
No. But you could pick less expensive options, those are some of the most expensive strollers.

Yup I know I’m not doing the picking here:) and not looking to save a lot but I definitely know some stores will throw in accessories or give 10% off if ur buying more than one thing etc. just saw push posh includes some stuff with the fox.

Thanks for everyone’s help, if anyone has personal service getting a repair done or service through a store- good or bad I’d like to hear about that too.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:38 am
Haha OP, I can't help but laugh. You wanna buy a fox & doona, 2 of the most expensive options, yet you wanna negotiate????? Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Who do you think you are??? Why would any store negotiate? If they would, everyone would ask for a better price. You can shop in NJ to avoid taxes. If you can't afford it, there are plenty of other great cheaper options. But you nebach won't be in style....

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:53 am
If you avoid sales tax in NJ that would be a lot of savings already. I know you didn't ask about this, but the best customer service I've ever experienced with strollers has been with uppababy. I'm not familiar with stores handling issues down the line, you usually register with the company when you buy and contact them directly with any problems.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Haha OP, I can't help but laugh. You wanna buy a fox & doona, 2 of the most expensive options, yet you wanna negotiate????? Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Who do you think you are??? Why would any store negotiate? If they would, everyone would ask for a better price. You can shop in NJ to avoid taxes. If you can't afford it, there are plenty of other great cheaper options. But you nebach won't be in style....

I’m happy I gave you a laugh, I’ve negotiated for far more expensive things in my life. Again, not for a big discount and I’m not a haggler, there are some things that are standard in an industry- like an accessory bundle that push posh is offering, and I did not know jersey didn’t tax strollers- that’s really good to know because it’s easy enough for us to pick it up there.

Also, again, not the one choosing the strollers, eventhough that’s not the discussion....

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:15 am
I’ve bought a lot of big ticket items from Pish Posh Baby and been really happy with their service. I live in a different state so in addition to free shipping I didn’t pay sales tax either which saved a lot. If you buy from BBB you will for sure have sales tax.

Also bugaboo just announced they are releasing their own infant seat which might be an alternative to the doona for you

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:32 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I’ve bought a lot of big ticket items from Pish Posh Baby and been really happy with their service. I live in a different state so in addition to free shipping I didn’t pay sales tax either which saved a lot. If you buy from BBB you will for sure have sales tax.

Also bugaboo just announced they are releasing their own infant seat which might be an alternative to the doona for you

What? When? That would be great!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What? When? That would be great!

It’s called the bugaboo turtle and I got an email from posh posh about it today

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:51 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
It’s called the bugaboo turtle and I got an email from posh posh about it today

Very interesting, thank you!

Do you think there’s still an advantage to a separate doona? I guess it’s another option for them to think about.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:01 pm
You can always buy a Doona second hand. Many people are selling theirs after only using it for less than a year.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:29 pm
If you buy a doona second hand, you will need to replace the wheels. (Is that even possible?)
Doona wheels get shot in no time, especially when used as a stroller.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 2:18 pm
flowerpower wrote:
You can always buy a Doona second hand. Many people are selling theirs after only using it for less than a year.

This is a gift so I’m not looking to buy second hand. That being said I would happily use a second hand stroller but not a car seat....

mommybrr

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:18 pm
Piccolino in Lakewood. Great service. Super nice to deal with. When I bought a few items there he gave me a small discount (few years ago). Their prices are competitive and it's worth a try.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:24 pm
Sounds like OP is a bubby to be buying for her kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics