Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Star wars day shabbat menu
1  2  3  4  Next

ruby slippers

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:46 am
Anyone planning a star wars shabbat menu?? I was thinking of making hot dogs into light saber with phylo dough... Any other ideas and keeping it nice for shabbat?

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:52 am
Sorry I might be a bit out of it but what does this Shabbat have to do with star wars?

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:53 am
May the Fourth (be with you)

OP, even if anyone in my family would get the point (and they won't), I would just do something fun for dessert.

Last edited by youngishbear on Wed, May 01 2019, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

giselle

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:55 am
Hysterical Very Happy

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:07 am
Cinnamon rolls for dessert, zecher l’Princess Leia

singleagain

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:11 am
Search Google or Pinterest for Star Wars theme food. It sounds like fun

ruby slippers

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:16 am
DH said just make chulent and call it chewbacca chulent!!.
Maybe I will make blue jello and put han solo in it so it looks like he is frozen in carbonite..

Last edited by ruby slippers on Wed, May 01 2019, 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:24 am
SuperWify wrote:
Sorry I might be a bit out of it but what does this Shabbat have to do with star wars?

Anyone? What Scratching Head

imasoftov

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:33 am
SuperWify wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

ruby slippers

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:33 am
SuperWify wrote:
Anyone? What Scratching Head

It has nothing to do with the beauty of shabbat, but this year shabbat happens to May 4rth. May 4th became star wars day because it is a play on the words May the force (fourth) be with you...
Hope that helps...

flmommy

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 8:39 am
OMG so going to do something. Thanks for posting.

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:02 am
This is adorable! I might steal that idea :-)

Blessing1

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:25 am
It's so sad that people wanna do star wars themed foods on our holy shabbos. You're celebrating a non jewish day on our shabbos kodesh, how sad. Crying

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:35 am
eema1 wrote:
It has nothing to do with the beauty of shabbat, but this year shabbat happens to May 4rth. May 4th became star wars day because it is a play on the words May the force (fourth) be with you...
Hope that helps...

Oh thanks for explaining.

I’m obviously not a Star Wars fan but DH is so maybe I’ll surprise him and do something.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:41 am
Blessing1 wrote:
It's so sad that people wanna do star wars themed foods on our holy shabbos. You're celebrating a non jewish day on our shabbos kodesh, how sad. Crying

This makes me sad, frankly. You are allowed to have fun when you celebrate shabbos. I'm sorry you live in a world that says otherwise.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:46 am
youngishbear wrote:
May the Fourth (be with you)

OP, even if anyone in my family would get the point (and they won't), I would just do something fun for dessert.

Lol. That’s so cute. Maybe I should buy my kids a Star Wars cake. They are huge fans.

Last edited by mommy3b2c on Wed, May 01 2019, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:47 am
And I'm sorry you live in a world where you think this is OK!!! Don't we say in havdala "hamavdil bein KODESH L'CHOL, bein YISROEL HA'AMIM??" This is exactly what it means. Of course you're allowed to have fun shabbos, but star wars themed shabbos???? Nebach nebach we have sunken so low that we don't even realize that it's just wrong to bring star wars into our holy shabbos kodesh. It's sad that people think this is totally ok. And it's even more sad that you're saying that what I'm saying is sad.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:56 am
Gosh..just wanted recipe ideas..
Thought the recipe forum would be a safe space.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:58 am
Blessing1 wrote:
And I'm sorry you live in a world where you think this is OK!!! Don't we say in havdala "hamavdil bein KODESH L'CHOL, bein YISROEL HA'AMIM??" This is exactly what it means. Of course you're allowed to have fun shabbos, but star wars themed shabbos???? Nebach nebach we have sunken so low that we don't even realize that it's just wrong to bring star wars into our holy shabbos kodesh. It's sad that people think this is totally ok. And it's even more sad that you're saying that what I'm saying is sad.
or you can look at it differently perhaps and say "Wow! Look how special Jews are. They take gashmius and elevate it lekovod Shabbos"

giselle

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:59 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. That’s so cute. Maybe I should buy my kids a Star Wars cake. They are huge fans.

Cuties! My son would love it too.

OP, thanks for the idea!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics