Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Stockings...honey's too dark, nude's too light

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:40 am
I'm looking for 40-60 denier nude stockings that are durable, aren't shiny, and that are a natural look for my skin. I have kind of pale skin. I tried Memoi's honey, it was way too dark, but their nude was too pale. Would love recommendations. In E"Y I didn't have problems, I bought stockings in the supermarket and they were cheap and worked, but in America I haven't found what works yet. The saleslady I talked to said everyone wears honey, but on me they look like the old fashioned stockings from the 80's that gave ladies a suntan look. Help!

aricelli

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:41 am
Sughero?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:43 am
Sughero & little tan are nice natural colors.
Sireco brand in these colors are very nice.

aricelli

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Sughero & little tan are nice natural colors.
Sireco brand in these colors are very nice.

If youre looking for comfort too- sireco comfort support, thin and not too thin

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:55 am
funny cuz I have the same issue with butterfly tights for my grade school daughter. the honey is too dark, the nude too light and has no color.... no solution yet.

nchr

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:05 am
There is a color called Natural that is pretty decent.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:12 am
Amother amber, butterfly tights colors are not nice. Maybe switch brands.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:30 am
Thanks so much for the help! I'm making an order for Sireco 40 denier, but I also saw they have Butterfly Nurseaid 60 denier. Anyone have experience with the Butterfly Nurseaid?

Adela

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:57 am
I like the Sughero color from the company Filazzi. Beautiful color!!
Now, how to get tights not rip after one wear is another question!
They are so expensive and literally most are one time use!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:14 pm
I use the levante compression ones because they are 40 denier, in the color sughero. I can usually at least 8 uses out of a pair, although on occasion they'll run right away.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:16 pm
The honey is a great color only in the sheer 12 denier. It's too dark for 40-60 denier.

karat

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:41 pm
I wear sheer stockings (in warm weather) so I don’t know if this applies to opaque as well, but the color of the stockings will look different depending on the color of the shoes.
In general I would say nude looks whitish or pinkish on many people.
Honey and similar toned pantyhose has a more “natural” and elegant look in my opinion.

Last edited by karat on Wed, May 01 2019, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 1:44 pm
there should be a continuum of colors

rakcna

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 1:55 pm
The melas natural in 60 denier is decent. I get a lot of compliments on the color even in my community where most wear 30 denier or less. Also, the last and last. I’m still wearing the ones that I bought last summer. They also are not shiny at all. More of a tights material

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:05 am
Wanted to update in case it will help anyone else. I ordered a bunch of different stockings to try. Since I live OOT and options are limited here since most people wear sheer, I figured it would be worth it to order a lot of different options and find the one that I'd really be happy with, since I've wasted so much money on stockings locally that didn't work for me.

The Sireco Comfort Support (40 denier) in Sughero is my favorite. The color is a tiny bit darker than I'd like, but overall a natural looking color. Quality and durability seem good so far. I'm planning to buy a bunch more. These are going to be a staple! Thanks for the suggestion!! The same stockings in the Natural color are okay - the color is a bit darker, more of a plain brown than Sughero, but it looks okay, and I'll wear it until they wear out, but not buy more.

The ones that didn't work for me are: Sireco Nursemaids Support (70 denier) - they're not bad, just a bit higher denier than I wanted, so definitely have the bulletproof look. The colors in the 70 denier are pretty similar to the 40 denier, though, which is nice - they don't look crazy dark. They're the same look as a lot of my friends in chareidi (non-Anglo) communities in E"Y wear.

The ones that REALLY didn't work for me are: Butterfly Nurseaid Full Support (60 denier). I ordered Mayfair, Nude, and Liege (which says "Sug" in parentheses so I thought it was the same as sughero in other brands?). Mayfair is really dark, similar to the honey in Memoi. Liege is a weird color, it's much lighter than Mayfair but has a very yellowy undertone. Nude is sort of okay but has a brown-yellow undertone which doesn't look natural on me at all. None of the Butterfly colors looked natural for me. And the sizing was so different between the Butterfly and the Sireco! I'm a B in Sireco, but I could barely get the Butterfly B's midway up my thigh. Their sizing chart says I should be a B, but IRL it's not happening!

Hope this helps other people out there. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions on this thread - I'm so excited to finally have stockings that work well for me! Thank you all!

flmommy

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:22 am
Super helpful, thank you!

Shuly

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:40 pm
Where do you order stockings from?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 1:02 pm
I ordered from here: https://hosieramausa.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics