Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How do baby registries work?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 11:35 pm
Does the person actually choose products they want to get or is it a default thing- or are there both options?
asking because I need to get someone a gift. its kind of an interesting relationship... I got the link to her gift registry but most of the items are either just overpriced or a bunch of little things needed for a baby- but doesn't make sense I should buy- especially being that baby is already 2 months old.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does the person actually choose products they want to get or is it a default thing- or are there both options?
asking because I need to get someone a gift. its kind of an interesting relationship... I got the link to her gift registry but most of the items are either just overpriced or a bunch of little things needed for a baby- but doesn't make sense I should buy- especially being that baby is already 2 months old.

usually the person picks.

Just figure out how much you want to spend - and buy what ever that can get you. The fact that its overpriced shouldn't affect you.

essie14

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:57 am
You can give a gift card to the store where she registered and give whatever amount you want and she can put it towards something she needs.

teachkids

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:41 am
If the baby is already 2 months she had to have bought the basics already, leaving the random things and splurges. Get something from the registry and she'll either keep it or return it and get something she wants more

emzod42

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:53 am
If baby is 2 months old she also may not have had a chance to update it, so you might be seeing what's left. Like others said, if you can't find something in your range, you could get a gift card to the store, or you could get a combination of small things from the registry that fit together (ex: bath towel, soap, and bath toys).

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:51 pm
Thanks for advice everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics