Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
PLEEEAASE quick and healthy meal ideas to help me manage
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:03 am
Very overwhelmed and need easy and healthy meals that can be prepared quickly.

No chicken on the bone.
Preferably not dairy or very little.

Thank you.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:24 am
Grilled chicken and hot dogs in the George Foreman grill

My easy chicken cutlet recipe-

Sauté an onion
Place raw chicken cutlets in baking pan and put the sautéed onions in pan
Pour duck sauce over the chicken and onions
Bake covered for around 40-45 minutes

In another pan pour in a box of near east rice pilaf
Add 2 cups water
Drop of oil
Cover and bake for 45 minutes

Serve chicken over rice

Would your family eat vegetable omelettes on toasted bagels?

Why no dairy?? It’s always the easiest and so delicious too..
Pasta with melted cheese and sauce.. yum!

Dagim has frozen breaded fish- you just bake and serve
You can buy rolls and serve the breaded fish ( tilapia or flounder) in a roll. Smear some mayonnaise on the fish...
Open a can of corn

There’s a company called Imagine. They sell ready made organic soup in a carton. Just heat and serve. I like the butternut squash soup the most. I add a drop of salt pepper and a speck of cinnamon to the pot of soup.

dankbar

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:34 am
Tuna patties. Fish sticks. Frozen Frank's & blanks. Frozen potato knishes. Grilled chicken cutlet salad. Schwarma on hot plate with frozen fries & Israeli salad. Deli salad. Scrambled eggs. French toast. Avocado/egg salad. Browned chopped meat over pasta or in taco shells with veg.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:40 am
Keep them coming please.
These are good!
Mainly no dairy because of preference of DH. Could make for children but trying for something everyone can eat.

teachkids

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 1:24 am
Tacos
Frozen falafel
EggS
Pancakes
Shake n bake chicken using cutlets (just adjust the cooking time)
Burgers in the oven
Frozen blintzes (get a few different flavors including something non cheese for dh
Tuna sandwiches

amother
Peach

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:52 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Grilled chicken and hot dogs in the George Foreman grill

My easy chicken cutlet recipe-

Sauté an onion
Place raw chicken cutlets in baking pan and put the sautéed onions in pan
Pour duck sauce over the chicken and onions
Bake covered for around 40-45 minutes

In another pan pour in a box of near east rice pilaf
Add 2 cups water
Drop of oil
Cover and bake for 45 minutes

Serve chicken over rice

Would your family eat vegetable omelettes on toasted bagels?

Why no dairy?? It’s always the easiest and so delicious too..
Pasta with melted cheese and sauce.. yum!

Dagim has frozen breaded fish- you just bake and serve
You can buy rolls and serve the breaded fish ( tilapia or flounder) in a roll. Smear some mayonnaise on the fish...
Open a can of corn

There’s a company called Imagine. They sell ready made organic soup in a carton. Just heat and serve. I like the butternut squash soup the most. I add a drop of salt pepper and a speck of cinnamon to the pot of soup.

A lot of these things are not healthy.
Duck sauce, hot dogs, bought breaded fish, mayonnaise
I would make them for my kids but dont think that its healthy

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:26 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
A lot of these things are not healthy.
Duck sauce, hot dogs, bought breaded fish, mayonnaise
I would make them for my kids but dont think that its healthy

Replace duck sauce with sauteed fresh fruit. Peaches and plums are coming into season now. Put on top of the chicken, and cook as usual. Cherries and figs work well with chicken, too.

Hot dogs should be saved for an absolute emergency, when you just can't manage anything else. Same with the fish sticks.

Mayo can be healthy if you make it yourself. There are a lot of good recipes online, and you can control how much sugar goes into it. Store bought mayo is very sweet. If you make your own you can add herbs, spices, or garlic to make it extra yummy.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:39 am
Place 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a pot. Bring to full boil and shut off. Prepare food below and rice will be ready. Add spices per your taste

Mashed potatoes- peel and cut into chunks. Saute an onion. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Add potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook until soft. Drain water. Add a spoon of mayo and mash.

Spice chicken cut up chicken cultlets with salt and pepper. Saute for a few min until chicken is cooked Remove from pan. Clean pan. Add oil, sliced onions, any veggies you like (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli..) saute. Put chicken back in.
Either add soy sauce or additional spices. Cook for a few min.

Grilled chicken or steaks. In a Ziploc bag add spices, olive oil and mix. Add chicken cultlets. Marinade as long as you can, hours or minutes. Grill.

Breaded baked chicken.
Dip chicken cultlets in olive oil. Dip into breadcrumbs of choice. Place on a cookie sheet that was prepared with Pam. Spray chicken with Pam. Bake at 400 for 20 min, thick cutlets may need more time.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:45 am
Salmon (teriyaki or spiced or herbed using frozen herbs) + Near East rice + salad

Chicken cutlets: marinate thin cutlets in: olive oil+ garlic cubes+ kosher salt+ rosemary. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with French fries baked at the same time, and a salad

Another cutlet recipe: marinate in 3 cubes basil, 3 cubes parsley, 1 cube garlic and olive oil. Bake at 450 for 15/20 min.

Sloppy joes: kosher.com has an excellent recipe by Nitra. Serve in pita.

Chili: let me know if you want the recipe. It's delicious, takes 5 min to prep, cooks for 1 hr.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:50 am
More ideas:
Pepper steak baked in oven (let me know if you need the recipe)

Sheet pan stir fry by Miriam Pascal on kosher.com (I prep the chicken and veg and marinate in dressing the night before, then I bake before dinner for 30 min.)

Deli sandwiches using no-nitrate deli

Do you have a grill? If yes, what I do is I marinate chicken cutlets and freeze in ziplock bags. The night before I want to serve it, I defrost it in the fridge in a pan of cold water. Marinades I use are : teriyaki, BBQ (homemade so it's not as junky as from the store!), ken's Italian dressing, or the marinated recipes in my previous post.
Steak is quick also, just season and smear with olive oil, let marinate then grill.

Fave

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:51 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Salmon (teriyaki or spiced or herbed using frozen herbs) + Near East rice + salad

Chicken cutlets: marinate thin cutlets in: olive oil+ garlic cubes+ kosher salt+ rosemary. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with French fries baked at the same time, and a salad

Another cutlet recipe: marinate in 3 cubes basil, 3 cubes parsley, 1 cube garlic and olive oil. Bake at 450 for 15/20 min.

Sloppy joes: kosher.com has an excellent recipe by Nitra. Serve in pita.

Chili: let me know if you want the recipe. It's delicious, takes 5 min to prep, cooks for 1 hr.

Please post recipe for chili. Thanks

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:51 am
I've also been loving the breaded flounder/tilapia (I buy in the grocery store), I fry it and serve with Israeli salad, sautéed frozen veggies or other sort of veggie

Roots

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:26 am
im sorry I had no time tor ead all the previous responses so I might say the same thing over:

1)potato salad. saounds weird to be a meal but if u have a hard boiled egg, potato, carrot and pickle mized with mayo s&p, u got all the food groups right there
2)ground meat patties(ok that sounds better in hebrew lol) but any ground meat or chicken. put in food processor: onions, 2-3 slices of bread, coriander or parsley , eggs, really anything u want to add and spices . and mix all that and fry in oil. yummy. quick and everyone devours it.
3)sides like mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, bulgur, potatoes in oven -lets say wedged with (olive) oil, salt pepper paprika and coriander. are pretty quick
4)lemon baked chicken breast- put chicken breasts in bowl (cut like schnitzel) add olive oil lemon juice vinegar spices. allow to marinade as long as u have time for (either in the fridge before u go to work and come home and put on baking pan in over. or 20 min minimum. bake like 30 min..
5)kugels
6)pasta salads
7)chicken salads- ex. left over chicken peices, lettuce, (anything else u have in the fridge, maybe fresh mushrooms, olives, anything u think u might like) and then mayo and lemon juice. u can serve that in a pita or baguette its really filling

etc etc

Maryann

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:07 am
I didn't read all responses so I hope I'm not duplicating
Potatoes and chicken in a crock pot with spices( if your interested I can give you exact measurements,)
On high all day... It's absolutely delicious
The trick is not to add any water

dankbar

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:48 am
Baked salmon is easy & quick & healthy.
You can do mayo & spices. Or add crumbs. Or with do olive oil with Montreal steak seasoning. Put oven on hi number bake 15-30 min.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:52 am
Girl, you need an instant pot

mfb

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:10 am
allthingsblue wrote:
More ideas:
Pepper steak baked in oven (let me know if you need the recipe)

Sheet pan stir fry by Miriam Pascal on kosher.com (I prep the chicken and veg and marinate in dressing the night before, then I bake before dinner for 30 min.)

Deli sandwiches using no-nitrate deli

Do you have a grill? If yes, what I do is I marinate chicken cutlets and freeze in ziplock bags. The night before I want to serve it, I defrost it in the fridge in a pan of cold water. Marinades I use are : teriyaki, BBQ (homemade so it's not as junky as from the store!), ken's Italian dressing, or the marinated recipes in my previous post.
Steak is quick also, just season and smear with olive oil, let marinate then grill.

Can you post your pepper steak recipe please?

Blue jay

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:20 pm
Pasta with anchovies

Boil linguine ( al dente)
Drain and add crushed black olives garlic powder, dried oregano and parmaswan cheese ( omit for no dairy)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil

Add anchovies for the grown ups
Sprinkle lots of extra parmasean for kids

Last edited by Blue jay on Thu, May 02 2019, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:31 pm
dankbar wrote:
Tuna patties. Fish sticks. Frozen Frank's & blanks. Frozen potato knishes. Grilled chicken cutlet salad. Schwarma on hot plate with frozen fries & Israeli salad. Deli salad. Scrambled eggs. French toast. Avocado/egg salad. Browned chopped meat over pasta or in taco shells with veg.

I’m laughing at the people suggesting hot dogs after OP specifically asked for healthy ideas,

chany-frum

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 4:29 pm
Maryann wrote:
I didn't read all responses so I hope I'm not duplicating
Potatoes and chicken in a crock pot with spices( if your interested I can give you exact measurements,)
On high all day... It's absolutely delicious
The trick is not to add any water

I would love to give it a try, can you post exact measurements please
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics