Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone know of someone who teaches biking for kids

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:34 am
hi! my kids are not so athletic, and are having a hard time learning how to ride a bike, roller blades and he likes. I heard there is a therapist who teaches kids these skills but I dont know where to find him. has anyone heard of avi devour or someone like this

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hi! my kids are not so athletic, and are having a hard time learning how to ride a bike, roller blades and he likes. I heard there is a therapist who teaches kids these skills but I dont know where to find him. has anyone heard of avi devour or someone like this

Following would love to find someone in Brooklyn for girls.
Avi devor moved to Tom's river NJ

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:54 am
thank you! I googled him with your spelling and found his number- that was a great lead. tried a few times devour and nothing came up. I actually live in lakewood... he wouldnt come to brooklyn for you?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 4:52 am
You could try getting a balance bike. It's a bike without pedals. Kid pushes themselves with their feet (with no pedals in the way) and eventually leave their feet up for longer stretches thus learning to balance.
(Anon because I was just discussing this irl)

Rappel

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 5:08 am
My almost three year-old has a balance bike. One week in, he was zipping along, and now has no problems doing long trips on his bicycle. It's an amazing teaching tool.

aricelli

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 5:15 am
My sons PT said to take the pedals off a regular bike

cnc

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 7:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you! I googled him with your spelling and found his number- that was a great lead. tried a few times devour and nothing came up. I actually live in lakewood... he wouldnt come to brooklyn for you?

Avi Devor
718-309-9403

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:26 pm
avi devor will travel to your place for a fee. I just contacted him

SingALong

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:55 pm
He taught 2 of my kids how to ride. My 7 year old daughter learned in 2-3 lessons. My 6 yr old son learnt a little bit then resisted after 3 lessons. Avi said to hold off till he wants to but he really did learn the skills and will retain it. and I’ll see one day he’ll just go on his bike and take off. Sure enough the following season ds saw all his friends were biking, then he took his bike out by himself and balanced a bit then took off! I’d def recommend him.

real israeli

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:05 pm
How much do such lessons cost? I have a child who needs to learn now and if it’s not too expensive I would definitely consider it

mfb

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:07 pm
You can try by yourself. Tell your child to sit on the bike and push his feet on the floor like by a scooter and then when it’s moving pick up his feet for a bit. He should be able to do it for longer and longer. After he masters this he can add in pedals and actually ride.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:17 pm
Look up pedalmagic.com it's amazing and it really works!! I taught 2 of my kids in one week

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:17 pm
I can most likely get you someone. I have coaches who teach all kinds of sports. If you are located in Brooklyn.

srbmom

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:28 pm
I found it easiest for my kids to learn on a very small bicycle. We have one that my 3 yr old fits on and that's what we used to teach my older kids when they were about 5. This way their feet can sit completely flat on the ground and they don't feel so off balance. Took about a half hour for each of them to learn. I've shared this bike with a few friends and they've successfully taught their kids on it too.

real israeli

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 7:13 am
Thanks for all the advice. I’m not op but I’m definitely going to try teaching my child on my own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics