Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me feel pretty again!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:13 am
I debated if I should post this in the "emotional health" section or here. I was always super skinny and while I never loved my body I never hated it either. I just finished nursing my child (#5) - so I am down to like size AA in bra (seriously), I have a bulging stomach (from 5+ pregnancies), I don't fit into any of my clothing and I seriously hate looking myself in the mirror.

I bought shapewear to try to keep my stomach in but would love other suggestions of how to feel attractive again (specifically clothing, I already do a bit of makeup, some jewelry etc). I work from home so doesn't need to be anything fancy but something to get my self-esteem back up. Something that could help my body type - I am totally not curvy anywhere but have a stomach now Sad

Thank you!!!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:46 am
Have you tried ab exercises? There is an app called the 30 Day Ab Challenge. It's a short daily exercise of your abs and it gets more intense with every day. Some days are "rest days". Maybe you can try that.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:16 pm
Pencil skirts and tunic tops are often an attractive look for your body type.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:43 pm
I went through something like this when I was on a medication that made me puffy. I went up two sizes and even the things that fit, fit wrong for the body I then had. My smart DH insisted that I get a few nice clothes in my size, even if I was planning to be back to my normal size when I was off the meds. Also, it sounds like you need some other pampering. How about a mani-pedi? Or a makeover at a makeup counter? Or whatever makes you feel good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics