Home

Anyone currently living in Linden NJ?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


lora




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 10:07 am
I'm considering moving to Linden and will likely go check it out soon but I would love to hear of anyone who lives or is planning to move there soon.
Back to top

amother




Azure


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 10:15 am
I lived in Linden previously. We moved away some time ago. I found it to be too small and cliquey. Although we made some friends and we liked the rabbi we never felt like we were accepted by the community as a whole. It’s like we just couldn’t break in. I much prefer a medium sized community like Elizabeth or Hillside (and plenty others in Jersey like these) than such a small community with one shul.
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 10:43 am
You may get more helpful responses if you specify which community in Linden you're looking to join-MO or new chasidish one.

Good luck
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 11:01 am
Exactly. Seems lke azure is not chassidish & has other options in New Jersey to go live at, there are no chassidim in these other places she mentions.
Back to top

lora




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 6:18 pm
thank you for responding, I'm looking at the chassidish circle but I'm interested in the general crowd since you live side by side...I also want to know about the conveniences available like Eiruv, Mikvah, grocery.
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 6:23 pm
My relative lives in chassidishe circle. No grocery yet.
Back to top

amother




Peach


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 8:22 pm
lora wrote:
thank you for responding, I'm looking at the chassidish circle but I'm interested in the general crowd since you live side by side...I also want to know about the conveniences available like Eiruv, Mikvah, grocery.


Shoprite in Clark has a decent kosher section and even a kosher bakery (supervised by the Linden MO rabbi), but not CY. For meat and cheese and pessach you'd want to go to Arons on West Orange or Seasons in Clifton. Neither is close.
Back to top

cnc




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 8:24 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Shoprite in Clark has a decent kosher section and even a kosher bakery (supervised by the Linden MO rabbi), but not CY. For meat and cheese and pessach you'd want to go to Arons on West Orange or Seasons in Clifton. Neither is close.


Wouldn’t Brooklyn or SI be much closer than WO or Clifton? (Based on what the people that I know living there do...)
Back to top

amother




Scarlet


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 10:15 pm
cnc wrote:
Wouldn’t Brooklyn or SI be much closer than WO or Clifton? (Based on what the people that I know living there do...)


Very expensive and inconvenient, unless you're going to those places anyway.
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Sun, May 05 2019, 11:41 pm
The chasidish community doesn’t have their own mikvah, they use the community mikvah.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Mon, May 06 2019, 1:35 am
my uncle the rebbi himself is going to move only after the local mikvah is ready
Back to top

BrachaBP




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:26 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
my uncle the rebbi himself is going to move only after the local mikvah is ready


Hi all

We closed on a house recently and are planning to move soon. The Rebbe moved in right before pesach and they have their own mikvah. As for shopping the grocery in Elizabeth which is about a 6 minute Car ride away delivers and is fully stocked.

We're excited about the move to Linden.

Does anybody have experience with moving companies? Do they provide pack up services to pack up your current apartment?

Thanks.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:40 am
just to mention that the rebbi is back in bp moved in tempory for pesach
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:50 am
BrachaBP wrote:
Hi all

We closed on a house recently and are planning to move soon. The Rebbe moved in right before pesach and they have their own mikvah. As for shopping the grocery in Elizabeth which is about a 6 minute Car ride away delivers and is fully stocked.

We're excited about the move to Linden.

Does anybody have experience with moving companies? Do they provide pack up services to pack up your current apartment?

Thanks.

They have their mikvah for women?
I heard that they don't.
Back to top

egam




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
They have their mikvah for women?
I heard that they don't.


Linden has a mikvah. But from what I know, chassidish community wants to build their own. There are also few mikvahs in nearby towns.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:07 pm
BrachaBP wrote:
Hi all

Does anybody have experience with moving companies? Do they provide pack up services to pack up your current apartment?


Most moving companies offer this service, but they charge a lot for it. If you're able-bodied, it will come out a lot cheaper for you to do it yourselves. If you have a few very fragile or heavy items that you want them to do, put those aside and do everything else on your own.
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:13 pm
egam wrote:
Linden has a mikvah. But from what I know, chassidish community wants to build their own. There are also few mikvahs in nearby towns.


Right.
The MO community in Linden has a mikvah and the chasidish residents use it, But AFAIK the chasidish commnity does not have their own womens mikvah.
Back to top

BrachaBP




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:15 pm
doctorima wrote:
Most moving companies offer this service, but they charge a lot for it. If you're able-bodied, it will come out a lot cheaper for you to do it yourselves. If you have a few very fragile or heavy items that you want them to do, put those aside and do everything else on your own.


Thanks. Any company you recemmend to use?
Back to top

BrachaBP




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Right.
The MO community in Linden has a mikvah and the chasidish residents use it, But AFAIK the chasidish commnity does not have their own womens mikvah.


Hmm. I was told that they have one unless it's not totally ready yet.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:24 pm
BrachaBP wrote:
Thanks. Any company you recemmend to use?


There have been many threads here about moving companies. I know a number of people who've been happy with BP Movers (Fishman).
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Help me choose Paint colors for living room/dining room?
by amother
5 Today at 1:23 pm View last post
Anyone know if tap water in hunter/tannersville is okay?
by amother
2 Yesterday at 9:49 am View last post
Yeshiva of Newark - anyone familiar with this?
by pen1276
7 Mon, Aug 19 2019, 6:03 am View last post
Chasidish Community - Linden
by amother
8 Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:09 am View last post
by cnc
Does anyone have a pareve recipe for Swiss wähe?
by amother
5 Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:32 pm View last post

Jump to: