Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
TTI or Touro for masters in social work?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 2:10 pm
Hi all,
My husband is considering getting a masters in social work with the eventual hope that he will work as a private therapist. B”H he is very talented and intuitive interpersonally, and it seems most realistic to monetize that skill.

For anyone who has done this successfully: what school would you recommend? Obviously we are looking for the least expensive option, and prefer to do it online as much as possible.

He has a Talmudic bachelors from Yeshiva already so I understand he just needs prereqs + masters. Am I correct?

Besides for that, for anyone who has gone down this route... do you recommend it? Is there anything you regret? Is there any advice you can give us? Is it unrealistic that I’ll be working full time while he’s in school? We don’t have anyone we know who did anything like this so we don’t know to whom to ask our questions.

Thank you in advance!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:37 pm
I recently finished my MSW through another program. I live out of town so I don’t know the specific programs you mentioned and I can’t comment on them. All I can say is to make sure your program is accredited by the CSWE and also know that social work programs are full of assignments to write papers. As far as I know they are all the same in this regard. Many papers! all of which take hours to write.
Good luck in your decision!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics