Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I need step by step goals

OutATowner

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:18 pm
I think I'm a pretty good mother. I spend a lot of time with my kids and try to infuse positivity in the home. But lately it has become more challenging. My kids seem to be constantly bickering and I'm more short tempered than I used to be. I dont know if I'm tired or my kids are older or both, but I want to nip it in the bud.
Is there a daily/weekly parenting goal system somewhere for dh and I to follow? I also want it to be something we can do together, concrete advice and actions to help each other with.
Can be Jewish or not, just a systematic, practical approach to positive and effective parenting.
Tia!

behappy2

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:36 pm
Sora Chana Radcliffe has daily emails free. Is that what you mean?

OutATowner

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:40 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Sora Chana Radcliffe has daily emails free. Is that what you mean?

Thanks. I'll look it up. But I think hers are more inspiration/general advice. I'm looking for something like "day 1- focus on validating/take a deep breath before responding to tantrum/focus on giving 5 compliments today/keep your voice calm when giving a consequence....

Eta: I signed up, though. Thanks.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:17 pm
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but try The Whole Brain Child Workbook

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:55 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but try The Whole Brain Child Workbook

I looked it up, that might be something I'm looking for. Have you used it? Any reviews or insights?

seeker

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:59 am
I lost focus before getting through the program, but Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline has clear action steps for each chapter to be done sequentially, and I like the general approach. Book is still in my nightstand waiting to be picked up again embarrassed

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 8:47 pm
seeker wrote:
I lost focus before getting through the program, but Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline has clear action steps for each chapter to be done sequentially, and I like the general approach. Book is still in my nightstand waiting to be picked up again embarrassed

Thanks, I put it on hold at my library. If I like it I'll buy it, and maybe we can encourage each other Smile

seeker

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:53 pm
That's a great idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics