Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Just wondering....re: vaxxing
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

happyness

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:20 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
forget about responding to all the ignorance in response to my post. The information has been posted ovr and over again and people take what they want to hear. But this????? Who on earth has the nerve to curse out like this? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Yup, that's what you people do. whitewashing. "forget about responding to all the ignorance..." You cannot answer us straight in the face how you walk around the medically fragile with such dangerous ammunition in your body, so you say "forget about responding to all the ignorance...."!!!!!

Or you say- " I don't really think about those people" or "Well hopefully they won't get it..."

I feel like anyone who goes to the atrium tonight has a TORAH'DIGA obligation to quarantine themselves!!!!!

Last edited by happyness on Mon, May 13 2019, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyness

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:23 am
And Violet, seriously, why can't you guys abide by ONE request to stay quarantined???

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:23 am
forget about responding to all the ignorance in response to my post. The information has been posted ovr and over again and people take what they want to hear. But this????? Who on earth has the nerve to curse out like this? You should be ashamed of yourself.

It doesn't look like a curse to me, it looks like more of a question.

I don't see the ignorance that you see either. Just be glad you don't live in Madagascar. I agree with the poster who would line them all up and vaccinate them and end the measles plague. Imagine how great it would be to end the heartbreak. Their babies are dying of it and I am not sure we can blame it on the fact that their mothers never had the chance to catch the measles.

I would be ashamed of myself if I caused a vulnerable person to catch measles, either because I exposed him to the disease or that I discouraged him from protecting themselves.

Those in charge of tonight's event hopefully will never have to answer for tragedy but they are causing harm simply by dividing the community.

happyness

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:24 am
My name is Nicole Rogerson, I live in upstate New York in Sullivan County with my husband and three children, in a area that is highly populated in the summer months with Hasidic and Orthodox families. My son Bryce, who received a heart transplant five years ago is immunosuppressed, due to the anti rejection medication he has to take daily in order to keep his body from rejecting his new heart.

We as a family take every step we can to help protect our son to keep from getting sick. We get the flu shot every year, which we never did prior to him having a transplant because we believed that it was not effective or necessary. We do this not because we want to but because we have to, to protect him from possible death.

This summer the Hasidic and orthodox community will begin to travel their way up Sullivan county with their families. This is a great concern for my family. We will be shopping in the same stores, going to the same gas stations, urgent cares, hospitals, and gyms.

We would like to take him to the new water park, but we are hesitant due to the fear that he could possibly be exposed to the measles virus which could kill him. This not only effects him, but also his siblings as they too cannot go to these fun places and possibly be exposed.

I respect not only a persons religion but also a person’s right to choose what they want to do with their bodies. With that said, I also take other people into consideration when I have to make a decision and how it will affect them.

This summer as the Hasidic and orthodox community begins to travel to Sullivan county, please take those of us that live here into consideration and how your religious choices not to get vaccinated can possibly effect us, and our children.

Nicole Rogerson – Sullivan County, NY

NOTE: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of YWN.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:08 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
It's not kept quite. There was a voicemail advertisement going around and its not only Bigtree. There are a few more coming.

I have no idea how this is happening. I want to go just to see who the big machers in the community are. They're all going to come out of hiding tomorrow.

Dr. Palevsky and rabbi Handler will be speaking as well
Transportation from Lakewood

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:09 am
It is sad that Catskill residents think that it's a "religious choice" that prevents some frum Jews from vaccinating.

The locals in general don't like when the frum community comes, unless they make their living off of us.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:15 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Dr. Palevsky and rabbi Handler will be speaking as well
Transportation from Lakewood

Those who want to promote vaccines have to stop missing opportunities. I went to the health fair at Northern Metropolitan nursing home yesterday and people were coming with kids but there was no table set up with vaccine info.

happyness

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:31 am
southernbubby wrote:
Those who want to promote vaccines have to stop missing opportunities. I went to the health fair at Northern Metropolitan nursing home yesterday and people were coming with kids but there was no table set up with vaccine info.

You know what hit me right now?
This is no longer about 'is it right to give the shot'..'I think shots are dangerous'...'I don't believe they are'....
The debate is completely not about if vaccines are safe and should be given.

It's only about protecting others from getting hurt. From hurting the medically fragile. From giving over measles to those that don't want it. That's what it's ALL ABOUT.

AND FOR THAT THE ANTI-VAXXERS CAN HAVE NO RESPONSE.
Go online and read Bryce's story. Heartbreaking.
And FYI, there are these children in Boro Park, Williamsburg, and Monsey.
The only thing they should say is-'ok, we will quarantine ourselves for the next few months'.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:34 am
top mom wrote:
Dear amothers
There are SO MANY vaccination threads, with vaxxers trying to prove their point, and antis screaming theirs. I'm wondering, was there a single vaxxing Mom who got convinced that she's actually just about killing her kids by giving the MMR(or at least guaranteeing that they'll be autistic), and stopped vaccinating completely because of Imamother. Is there a single non vaxxer here, who saw how baseless the whole theory is and decided to give the MMR, because of Imamother?
Otherwise, let's just stop these endless conversations (nice word for bickering and screaming matches Wink ).
Were you convinced either way?
I'm interested in hearing from you Smile
Edited title, I'm wondering whether I'll get more responses now Wink

I am going off on a tangent:
There are people who keep vaccinating despite knowing that a particular child has long term
side effects. They keep quiet because people want to flog them.
And if they dare say alternative medicine has helped them through it they also get flogged.
Doctors are right about vaccinations but there is something not completely right about the system.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:34 am

Sorry, I can’t help it that you’re reading it the wrong way. Delicious & SB explained what I meant.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:43 am

OTOH, it could be you were reading too much into what I said because of the extra dose of antisemitism caused by the current no-vax situation and you therefore are afraid? I know there’s a thread somewhere about scared of another holocaust- with apologies to the op as I haven’t read it yet- but idk, maybe you are the op so you took my words as a plea to quarantine and it triggered you? So again, apologies.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:50 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I am going off on a tangent:
There are people who keep vaccinating despite knowing that a particular child has long term
side effects. They keep quiet because people want to flog them.
And if they dare say alternative medicine has helped them through it they also get flogged.
Doctors are right about vaccinations but there is something not completely right about the system.

Sometimes the side effects of one vaccine doesn't mean that a person can't receive others. The person who wants other vaccines needs to ask an infectious disease authority to find out if he can safely get them.
Some alternative medicine is complementary to conventional medicine or is recognized as helpful for some conditions but I would caution anyone against using something that is multi level marketed, or going to a health food store and asking for diagnosis and/or treatment. I don't believe that homeopathy has an affect on most conditions. Most people don't need huge amounts of vitamins.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:23 am
Since Judge Thorsen has ruled in Rockland county that all unimmunized children can go back to school and public places, (so much for banning unimmunized being politically correct) most people have stopped making measles parties. The parties were mostly held to get children to develop titers and be able to go back to school.
I have some huge news to tell you. The vaccinated are spreading the disease too. I met a lady in the grocery who was covered in a rash from head to toe. I know what the measles rash looks like cuz my kids had measles. She tells me that she isn't feeling well for the past few days and she is on Motrin and Tylenol combined. I mentioned to her that it may be measles, she said, I had 2 MMRs so it can't be.
My mom has a neighbor who teaches in yeshiva and is fully vaxxed. He had a bad virus and until the rash came out he was in yeshiva teaching (immuno compromised) boys. He didn't suspect measles because he is vaxxed.
Moral of the story. If you are sick please stay home.
I rarely ever read imamother so don't wait for my response.
Good day

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:29 am
delicious wrote:
You know what hit me right now?
This is no longer about 'is it right to give the shot'..'I think shots are dangerous'...'I don't believe they are'....
The debate is completely not about if vaccines are safe and should be given.

It's only about protecting others from getting hurt. From hurting the medically fragile. From giving over measles to those that don't want it. That's what it's ALL ABOUT.

AND FOR THAT THE ANTI-VAXXERS CAN HAVE NO RESPONSE.
Go online and read Bryce's story. Heartbreaking.
And FYI, there are these children in Boro Park, Williamsburg, and Monsey.
The only thing they should say is-'ok, we will quarantine ourselves for the next few months'.

Any virus can kill an immuno compromised child sadly. Children go to school with MRSA and strep all the time unfortunately.
Perhaps all the effort by the DOH and Health Centers to promote vaccinations should be put into educating the public about staying home when you're sick and isolating yourself.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:46 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Any virus can kill an immuno compromised child sadly. Children go to school with MRSA and strep all the time unfortunately.
Perhaps all the effort by the DOH and Health Centers to promote vaccinations should be put into educating the public about staying home when you're sick and isolating yourself.

Why does one have to be sacrificed for the other? Why not promote both? Do doctors choose to educate mothers only on sleep positions but not on choking hazards?

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:49 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Since Judge Thorsen has ruled in Rockland county that all unimmunized children can go back to school and public places, (so much for banning unimmunized being politically correct) most people have stopped making measles parties. The parties were mostly held to get children to develop titers and be able to go back to school.
I have some huge news to tell you. The vaccinated are spreading the disease too. I met a lady in the grocery who was covered in a rash from head to toe. I know what the measles rash looks like cuz my kids had measles. She tells me that she isn't feeling well for the past few days and she is on Motrin and Tylenol combined. I mentioned to her that it may be measles, she said, I had 2 MMRs so it can't be.
My mom has a neighbor who teaches in yeshiva and is fully vaxxed. He had a bad virus and until the rash came out he was in yeshiva teaching (immuno compromised) boys. He didn't suspect measles because he is vaxxed.
Moral of the story. If you are sick please stay home.
I rarely ever read imamother so don't wait for my response.
Good day

I don't think that anyone denies that some vaccinated people still get measles and that sick people need to be isolated but obviously we need to get the message out there.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:53 am
southernbubby wrote:
I don't think that anyone denies that some vaccinated people still get measles and that sick people need to be isolated but obviously we need to get the message out there.

The message that's out there is that if you are vaccinated you are safe and if you are not vaccinated you are a public health danger.

Instead the message should be if you are sick, have fever, or in general feel run-down WHETHER YOU ARE VAXXED OR NOT, you should stay home (or call in to your doc) until you feel better.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:55 am
southernbubby wrote:
Why does one have to be sacrificed for the other? Why not promote both? Do doctors choose to educate mothers only on sleep positions but not on choking hazards?

Because that's the fact. Look around you. Read threads here. Wherever you go, you hear that if you're vaccinated, you're ok. Well, usually. But in times of an outbreak, everyone should be on the alert. Unvaccinated people at least know to expect it, to look out for it. Vaccinated people have no clue!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:27 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Because that's the fact. Look around you. Read threads here. Wherever you go, you hear that if you're vaccinated, you're ok. Well, usually. But in times of an outbreak, everyone should be on the alert. Unvaccinated people at least know to expect it, to look out for it. Vaccinated people have no clue!

We vaccinated people have plenty of clue. That's why we vax.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:08 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
We vaccinated people have plenty of clue. That's why we vax.

Pro vax cherry picking. You probably didn't read a thing of the discussion you responded to just jumped at the words that pro vax doesn't have a clue
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics