Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Decorators
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:38 am
Hope I did this right nowšŸ˜‰.
Didnā€™t see that it was going into the tehillim forum lol
No girls... did not want you to say tehillim for this lol so sorry but think you had a good laugh:)
I am searching for a decorator to help me with an extension that I did for my mother.
I extended into my garage and started decorating myself. I put in brand new kitchen and wood floors. I stained them dark brown even thou everyone told me to do grey ( but I think grey is too cold) (but think too dark now) so need to lighten this place up. dont want it to look like a nursing home:((

Am looking for middle of the road decor - traditional but in a modern way and tastefully put together..
I live in flatbush.

Kitchen guy recommended faigy Gestetner. Is she chassidish? Anyone hear of her?

Hope I did this right?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:43 am
And why would tehillim be needed in this situation?

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:45 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

She is new to the site. Be nice.

Op post this request in the NY inquiries section, to should get more replies.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:45 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

The floors are too dark.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:05 am
A high gloss finish, light walls and good lighting should help. If it still feels too dark, add a rug.

Generally in this forum we request tehillim for specific needs. For the most part home decoration is not something people request tehillim for. If you post in the most well matched forum, the traffic driven there will have more accurate answers. Here you are only getting the curious ones.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:13 am
Iymnok wrote:
A high gloss finish, light walls and good lighting should help. If it still feels too dark, add a rug.

Generally in this forum we request tehillim for specific needs. For the most part home decoration is not something people request tehillim for. If you post in the most well matched forum, the traffic driven there will have more accurate answers. Here you are only getting the curious ones.

This reply should be pinned somewhere. It's a great template.
OP, hatzlacha. It really is wonderful when you get floors you like. I still walk into my kitchen, happy, even after a few years.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:17 am
PF, what floors do you have? When we bought this house a few years ago, the previous owners had recently redone the kitchen with ceramic tiles. They are easy to clean but very hard; my feet hurt so much after a day of standing and cooking! If I could find a flooring that is easy to clean and easy on the feet -- well, I am not saying Tehillim for that, but I might say my own private Hallel if I could get to that state!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:54 am
SuperWify wrote:
She is new to the site. Be nice.

Op post this request in the NY inquiries section, to should get more replies.

When I was brand new here I posted asking about wrinkle creams. Couldnt understand why someone wrote ā€œnot niceā€ until I saw that by mistake I put it under gifts!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 7:05 pm
Hi again. Did anyone hear of faigy Gestetner as a decorator from boro park?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:36 pm
Miriam Scharf amazing decorator

miriam1281

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:52 pm
What does amazing mean? And also how does she charge? Hourly or based on percentage of purchases?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:55 pm
You have to call find out. People rave about her and her work

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 11:24 pm
Designer not decorateršŸ¤­ sorryšŸ˜¬

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:01 am
So miriam Scharf is a designer not a decorator?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 7:36 am
I heard from someone that Miriam Scharf doesnt do kitchens anymore. She's into doing new stores.
I was looking to do my kitchen last year (which I didn't yet do) and I also got the name Gestetner. I called her and she was $175 an hour (maybe more this year). Is that the going rate? I thought that was steep. Anyway, OP, let me know what you decide and the number of the designer/decorator you go with

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:21 am
Has anyone worked with Zisi Naimark? She writes for Binah and is a decorator.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:57 am
Just looked up Aidy Grunhut Instagram. Nice stuff! Does modern and traditional.

I have one big room for living room and kitchen dinette area. And then a small bedroom. Dont need a whole house done. Just want a few new items in my motherā€™s living space to put it all together in a classic way. Sofa, rug, picture and small dresser with nightable in bedroom.

I bought on my own a white glass table with gold legs with three chairs in a neutral leather grain. Is a beautiful set but not on my dark floors. It looks like an old set. šŸ˜œ

miriam1281

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:59 am
Just heard about leah Gestetner? More my age lol but want to know how she charges? Did anyone use her?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:49 am
Miriam1281 - FAIGY gestetner charges $175. I dont know if you are talking about the same person (maybe you got the first name wrong?). If not, and LEAH gestetner is more reasonable, can you please post her rate and phone number? I would be interested.

miriam1281

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:55 am
Leah is the aunt... know I heard the name in previous years that she gets the job done. Looked up number will try calling her...
Re faigy called her Yes $175 an hour but donā€™t know if sheā€™s good?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries