Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hashem Yishmor đŸ˜±đŸ˜±đŸ˜°đŸ˜°đŸ˜°
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:14 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I really understand the thoughts people are having. But we simply can't go there in discussing this. Pardon the reporting the post.

Ur absolutely right!! I didn't mean who literally had to tell the parents. I meant that I was imagining the difficulty of the person who had to tell them Crying Crying

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:15 pm
Another possible precaution is that you can ask your daycare or playgroup to call you if your child does not arrive at the usual time. It would only work if your schedule is very regular and if you are good about letting them know ahead when your child plans to be absent.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:15 pm
When we were in Israel the rental car kept on reminding us to make sure noone is left in the car as soon as the car turned of.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:17 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Ur absolutely right!! I didn't mean who literally had to tell the parents. I meant that I was imagining the difficulty of the person who had to tell them Crying Crying

I figured. It's impossible to read this without having these kinds of thoughts.
But for anyone who did want literal answers, or might start asking, I though someone had to make a statement.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:26 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
So u leave “something important” in the back seat so u won’t forget your child? U mean something more important than the child? Like what? A wallet? Pocketbook?

Shut up

It can happen to anyone.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:26 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I really understand the thoughts people are having. But we simply can't go there in discussing this. Pardon the reporting the post.

If only people needed to put their child near their pocketbook so they wouldn’t leave the pocketbook in car!

sirel

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:41 pm
amother Honeydew, are you being stupid or cruel?

If you grab your keys every single time you walk out the door, you'll never forget them. It's muscle memory.
If you grab your bag from the seat next to you in the car every single time, you'll never forget it. It's muscle memory.

If you never take your child to the babysitter but today's routine changed and you strapped her into the car- your brain may forget it. It's simple and honest.

Being mean about it will help no one

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:48 pm
I have never told anyone this IRL except my DH, but this happened to me. I left my 2 week old in the car and went into the library. It was only the 2nd time I had gone out with her in the car. Chasdei Hashem something hit me a few minutes later and I remembered. I ran out bawling and bh she was fine. Every time I read one of these stories I have nightmares from it.

I'm was even scared and hesitant to write this here...the only reason I am is to show that it really can happen to anyone! You hear about it and think it's crazy but I'm sure it happens more than anyone realizes it's just not something anyone will talk about.

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:49 pm
I honestly don’t know how that can happen.

I have now the opposite situation, I just started sending my 3 year old to playgroup and I still keep looking for him in my mirror and still find myself talking to him when he’s not even in the car.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

I have now the opposite situation, I just started sending my 3 year old to playgroup and I still keep looking for him in my mirror and still find myself talking to him when he’s not even in the car.

I honestly hope you never should know.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:54 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
So u leave “something important” in the back seat so u won’t forget your child? U mean something more important than the child? Like what? A wallet? Pocketbook?

Why are you twisting my words?? Yes I leave something that I know I will need when I leave the car....sometimes my shoe since I take them off a lot when driving, sometimes my pocketbook or sometimes something else. Bh I have never ever left any Kids in the car even while doing carpool for an older one....I always take the younger one out...but it's a precaution, and it's important to to take them even if you are the most responsible person that was ever created....mistakes can happen.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:55 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I have never told anyone this IRL except my DH, but this happened to me. I left my 2 week old in the car and went into the library. It was only the 2nd time I had gone out with her in the car. Chasdei Hashem something hit me a few minutes later and I remembered. I ran out bawling and bh she was fine. Every time I read one of these stories I have nightmares from it.

I'm was even scared and hesitant to write this here...the only reason I am is to show that it really can happen to anyone! You hear about it and think it's crazy but I'm sure it happens more than anyone realizes it's just not something anyone will talk about.

I once left my 5 month old in the car and went into the drug store. I realized it in a similar time frame. I didn't usually have her with me when I went to that store, because usually I went on the way home from work.

I don't like the tone reminders because you can easily get used to them and ignore them. I like anything that requires you to go the back seat, and it needs to require enough that you will see into rear-facing seats

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:59 pm
For all people saying how does it happen.. I was like you until a few summers ago I had a baby and left my toddler at a relative who wasnt used to dropping him off playgroup so he got left in the car and they only realized when they were going to pick him up.. bh the car was left in a shady spot but this happened in the summer when its hot, im lucky hes alive and nothing happened but since then I learned never say how becuase then hashem will show you how...

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:05 pm
My husband and I have a system.

We both have a phone alarm set for 9 am.

We have a dedicated WhatsApp chat totally separate from our usual chat. We call it car safety.

Every morning the spouse who drops off the kids writes a text in the chat saying "back seat is empty. I dropped them off"

The other spouse is expected to reply thank you.

If by 9 am one of us didnt do our job in the chat the alarms remind us to each check in with the other.

It is a double protection since we both have to remember every day no matter what.

It doesnt help for non scheduled car pool but for every day it's a good system.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:09 pm
Quote:

You don't need to understand "how" you just need to understand that it can. I have bh been a mother for many years - it's not like it's normal behavior for me to forget my children. It only has to happen ch"v once for there to be consequences

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:33 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Another possible precaution is that you can ask your daycare or playgroup to call you if your child does not arrive at the usual time. It would only work if your schedule is very regular and if you are good about letting them know ahead when your child plans to be absent.

And if your child is in daycare....my daughter is almost 3 and has been home with me since she was born

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:46 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There's already a feature in cars that dings with a dashboard notification to check the back seat.

I wonder if it would even help. If a person hears it every time they are in the car without their kids. They won't even hear it anymore even if the kid is there.
Brains.. so fickle. Useless when we need it most, on overdrive when we want it to take a break.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:54 pm
This can happen to ANYONE. Never queston how...your should never know. I know someone this happened to...the most responsible, fantically careful parents. The baby was young and the father dtopped the mother off at a store. In his mind his wife took the baby with her. He then went to another store and even took two other kids from the backseat. He didn't notice the baby who was facing the other way. Chasdei Hashem he was only away from the car for about 10 minute's and it was a cool day but the trauma of that mistake never leaves them. They were the couple who always asked how it can happen.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:59 pm
I think Waze had a reminder to check if you left a baby in the car when you reached your destination.

I don’t question how it can happen because people are human and the brain doesn’t always work the way we want it to. I read a great article last year about this. It said that it usually happens to someone that doesn’t usually take the kid or there is a change of routine that day. People that lost a kid r”l that way wrote their experience and why it happened.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:02 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I think Waze had a reminder to check if you left a baby in the car when you reached your destination.

I don’t question how it can happen because people are human and the brain doesn’t always work the way we want it to. I read a great article last year about this. It said that it usually happens to someone that doesn’t usually take the kid or there is a change of routine that day. People that lost a kid r”l that way wrote their experience and why it happened.

Waze has a child reminder, but it only alerts you when you actually set a trip. Very often I will have waze open, so I can get traffic and police notifications, but if I don’t set a trip, the child reminder won’t work.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics