Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
HPV vax mandate without parental notice
1  2  3  4  Next

Maybe

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 4:35 pm
‼️‼️‼️ IMPORTANT UPDATE: ‼️‼️‼️

S3899A - a bill that allow minors to obtain treatment for s-xually transmitted diseases (including the GARDASIL shot) WITHOUT the consent or knowledge of a parent or guardian will be voted on Tuesday, May 7th in the Senate Health Committee, Capitol Building, Room 124, Albany at 11 AM (Please plan to arrive to room by at least 10:30 AM).

CORRECTION: bill to repeal religious exemptions will NOT be voted on by the Senate Health Committee on 5/7.

For those who made plans to be in Albany on Tuesday, May 7th, please keep these plans & help fight against bill S3899A.

This is a reckless and completely irresponsible bill, sponsored by Liz Krueger (D) who represents district 28 , the east side of Manhattan. This bill allows minors (who have no understanding of the severe adverse reactions, including death, that can occur with Gardasil) get the shot without any parental or guardian knowledge or consent. There are two vaccine for STDs, hepatitis B which is licensed for children of any age (routinely administered in NY at birth to newborns unless a parent declines), and Merck’s Gardasil for human papilloma virus which is licensed for people as young as 9 years old. The main selling point for Gardasil is that it claims to prevent cervical cancer, yet it would be required for boys as well.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislati…/…/2019/s3899/amendment/a

Please call the Senate Health Committee members and ask them to vote NO on this DANGEROUS bill.

CALL THE MAIN NUMBER AT 518-455-2800 and ask for these Senators:

Gustavo Rivera
Dave Carlucci
Patty Ritchie
Patrick Gallivan
Brad Hoylman
Todd Kaminsky
Chris Jacobs
Robert Antonnacci
Brian Benjamin
Betty Little
Jen Metzger
Velmanette Montgomery
Julia Salazar
Alessandra Biaggi
Toby Ann Stavisky

Discussion points:
1.) Gardasil has the HIGHEST rate of reported Adverse Events on VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System). VAERS Report on HPV Vaccine Adverse Events = 60,714 reports

Source: https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Data from 2006 through December 14, 2018; pls note data likely represents less than 1% of total adverse events and deaths.

2.) Children will NOT know their genetic predisposition/family history so they cannot know if a reaction could occur. WILL THESE KIDS ASK FOR THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?

3.) If a serious reaction does occur, the parents are at a loss as they did not even know the child obtained the shot. They could miss the chance to take measures to report & address injury.

PLEASE SUGGEST THEY READ "HPV VACCINE ON TRIAL" by Mary Holland,
Kim Mack Rosenberg and Eileen Iorio

————————————————
WE CAN ATTEND THE MEETING- THE ROOM IS LARGE!!!

BRING YOUR KIDS, YOUR STORIES, YOUR LETTERS OF HOW GARDASIL HAS NEGATIVELY IMPACTED YOU OR A LOVED ONE.

VISIT THE REPS BEFOREHAND WHO ARE ON THE HEALTH COMMITTEE AND EDUCATE THEM!!

PLEASE SHARE THIS FAR & WIDE!! SIGNIFICANT CONCERNS FOR GARDASIL IS WIDESPREAD AMONG MANY PARENTS!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 3:53 am
I didnt read your entire post as I dont live in america so this specific even has nothing to do with me, but I have studied far and wide about the hpv vaccine and it is not for nothing. And yes, boys also are being given this as more and more hpv is being transmitted not only through actual vagin@l relations, but through oral 2ex. This vaccine is very important for so many reasons, and one major one is cervical cancer.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 4:56 am
The Orthodox community is not immune from HPV. Both men and women can be raped. Ba'alei teshuvah may have had relations before becoming religious, could have been infected, and can then pass it on to their FFB spouses. And shocking but true, even FFB Orthodox kids and adults have on occasion had relations outside the bounds of marriage.

The stories of girls fainting from the HPV? That's most likely vasovagal syncope. It can happen when blood is drawn or when a girl gets her ears pierced. The reaction is to the shot itself, not to the contents of the HPV vaccine. The remedy is simple: let the kid sit while the shot is given and for a few minutes after.

There has been a lot of fear mongering about the HPV vaccine. Actually, I've just recently read up on it, due to the whole anti-vax movement that keeps making noise. I've realized how important it is to give the HPV to my kids. And I will.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:31 am
There are many reactions to this vax in particular. But the most worrying would be that people want it to be in the parents' back. Let's not spit on BTs. There are virgin Bts and FFBs with no self respect who chose not to be virgins.

teachkids

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:04 am
I never got this shot, and I may not choose to give it to my kids, but I'm not against this. If a kid is doing things that make this necessary, they should be able to get the vaccine without having to go through their parents. It's a way to keep them safe.

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:16 am
🤜🍑

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:16 am
Have you read the threads here lately? Seen how many cheating or s-x addict threads? I think it's worth it to protect our children.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:18 am
I know someone (BT) who was discovered to have stage 4 tonsil cancer from HPV. It is the fastest rising cancer (in frequency) right now.

Getting the vaccine is much easier than going through all the radiation, chemo, feeding tube etc he went through (or even watching him go through).

We live in a country with state-mandated vaccines now. My oldest children have received the HPV vaccine. It gives me peace of mind, since I know that they can make different choices later on in life.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:31 am
Ruchel wrote:
There are many reactions to this vax in particular. But the most worrying would be that people want it to be in the parents' back. Let's not spit on BTs. There are virgin Bts and FFBs with no self respect who chose not to be virgins.

I'm not spitting on BTs. I think it's perfectly accepted for people in secular society today to have sex before marriage, and more often than not before they finish college, so if someone becomes a BT at age 30, for example, it's likely that they will have had sex.

If anything, you are being judgmental by implying that people who are not virgins before marriage do not have self respect. Just because someone makes a different choice than I did does not mean that they do not have self respect.

renslet

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:06 pm
I'm currently doing research on this shot, my oldest is turning nine soon.
I give everything else on schedule, hep b is also an STD, no?
Anyone have links with verified data?
Also, is there an advantage getting in younger rather than older ( I believe you can get it till mid 20s)

cm

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:28 pm
renslet wrote:
I'm currently doing research on this shot, my oldest is turning nine soon.
I give everything else on schedule, hep b is also an STD, no?
Anyone have links with verified data?
Also, is there an advantage getting in younger rather than older ( I believe you can get it till mid 20s)

Advantages to receiving Gardisil younger:
*The child is very unlikely to have been exposed to HPV.
*The child may be exposed much younger than the parent expects.
*An adolescent may not feel comfortable discussing this with a parent.
*An adolescent may not have the judgement or confidence to discuss this independently with the doctor.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:33 pm
I don't think the issue/question here is whether or not to vaccinate. The question is, should minors without the knowledge or consent of a parent/guardian.

That means- your 10/14/17 year old, can obtain the vaccine without your consent.
That means, your child is there without you. Imagine sending a 16yo for an ear infection recheck alone, or your child is at a well visit and you are waiting in a different room with a different kid. The MD can vaccinate without discussing or telling you. It can be the kid asked or the MD offered and the kid just OKed, thinking they were supposed to.

Now there is a time/place- where a child may want to seek a vaccine without the consent or knowledge of the parent-for example, you are Anti-vaccine and your child believes in vaccines (my daughter's friend, on her 18th birthday, first thing in the morning, went to go get vaccinated and then returned to school after months-YAY).
You have a child who is different then they are being brought up and knows their own activities and risk factors and the parents have their head in the sand/thinks giving the vaccine is condoning behavior.....many other potential reasons.

There are (extenuating?) reasons and benefits for a child to be able to discuss and obtain without parental knowledge or consent, but is this the overriding policy we want? Across the board?

I would not want a MD to strong arm my child or dupe then into anything without my consent. It is not about vaccines, this is about who needs to be informed and who gets to make decisions.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:37 pm
I am very pro-vax, but I am so torn on this one.

Cervical (and other HPV) cancers are horrible and often resistant to treatment. The survival rate is not very good.

On the other hand, there are a LOT of reports of adverse reactions, more than any other vaccine. A lot of researchers have criticized the clinical trials, and have said that not enough studies have been done.

DD is 16 already. She knows all the pros and cons of the vaccine, and the lifelong repercussions of STDs. I've warned her that when hormones kick in, if you are in a situation with someone, all common sense flies right out the window. It's a biological fact, not shaming. Your brain wants you to be fertile and multiply, consequences be d@mned.

Oysh. Hashem should protect us all.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:39 pm
I'm in favor of teens being able to look after their own health if their parents won't do it for them. If you don't like it, then be a better parent and pay attention to what your kids are up to. Be a parent they feel comfortable coming to and don't feel the need to hide from.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:07 am
But such a law can have very dangerous side effects legally, vaccines aside. It can set a precedence for government overiding parental choice in any or all areas. Like cps on steroids. It could backfire badly. Dont think only in terms of vaccines on this one.

sky

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 7:26 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
But such a law can have very dangerous side effects legally, vaccines aside. It can set a precedence for government overiding parental choice in any or all areas. Like cps on steroids. It could backfire badly. Dont think only in terms of vaccines on this one.

The government isn’t forcing it. The child is making a choice.

I haven’t given the vaccine. But if a child feels he is engaging in at risk behavior and doesn’t want to tell mother he should have the right to protect himself.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:10 am
I am currently fighting cancer cause by hpv. I was a good kid. I never had s-xual contact outside my marriage. I refused the shot when It was offered to me at age 22 because I'm a frum girl and no way I need it.

Now I regret it. I will not make that same mistake for my children. No side affect compares to cancer. Your VERY GOOD kid can get hpv too. Even with a 1 in 100 chance, do you know for certain that your child won't be that 1?
You've been given a tool to protect your kids and you're throwing it away??
I wish my mother wasn't as stubborn as some of you.

Keep in mind, the vaccine has to be given BEFORE being sxually active. Once the child already contracted hpv the vaccine will not be as affective.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:23 am
Once again the government trying to marginalize parents and parenting.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:24 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I am currently fighting cancer cause by hpv. I was a good kid. I never had s-xual contact outside my marriage. I refused the shot when It was offered to me at age 22 because I'm a frum girl and no way I need it.

Now I regret it. I will not make that same mistake for my children. No side affect compares to cancer. Your VERY GOOD kid can get hpv too. Even with a 1 in 100 chance, do you know for certain that your child won't be that 1?
You've been given a tool to protect your kids and you're throwing it away??
I wish my mother wasn't as stubborn as some of you.

Keep in mind, the vaccine has to be given BEFORE being sxually active. Once the child already contracted hpv the vaccine will not be as affective.

Gold, Refua Shelaima for your cancer. I agree with your sentiments. Both my “good” girls got vaccinated as teens. Neither had side effects.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:27 am
I think the danger here lies with the control of the nanny state.

You're all fine with it when you believe it's what your kids need in life. What happens when it contradicts your belief?

Do you believe in parental rights or a nanny state?

Does your child deserve a full American education? Close down private education? Lose your cheder and BY schools?
Does your child deserve to learn about relations ed at age 5 as the state wants them to?
Does your child get to do well visits without a parent? Be prescribed Ritalin without your consent?

There is no line when it comes to choosing who has rights over your child. Once you lose your voice it's gone!

You can't pick and choose when it suits you.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics