Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Looking for mothers of triplets
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:00 am
I'm 5 months pregnant now with triplets. I was wondering if there are any mothers out there that have triplets or are expecting triplets now? I want to know how you made it through your pregnancy. I'm only 5 months now, but I feel like I'm in my 9th. Which I don't really know how it feels cuz this is my first pregnancy . But I mean not being able to bend , get comfortable in bed, even being on my feet for more than 10 minutes. I'd really appreciate advice.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:22 am
I can’t help you but I want to say that you are amazing!!!!!!
It must be hard physically while you are understandably nervous and probably excited too.
I know a family who has triplets and twins. They are all in their teens now and it is just a very happy home. I’m sure it wasn’t easy when they were all babies but I guess somehow their parents survived those years.
Line up whatever help you can get for after you deliver.
May Hashem grant you physically emotional strength. Feel good! Honestly, I’m in awe...

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:24 am
I only do singletons so I can't help - but just wanted to say bshaa tova - how exciting! Flower Flower Flower

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:32 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I can’t help you but I want to say that you are amazing!!!!!!
It must be hard physically while you are understandably nervous and probably excited too.
I know a family who has triplets and twins. They are all in their teens now and it is just a very happy home. I’m sure it wasn’t easy when they were all babies but I guess somehow their parents survived those years.
Line up whatever help you can get for after you deliver.
May Hashem grant you physically emotional strength. Feel good! Honestly, I’m in awe...

Its true that I will need a lot of help after birth, but I need so much help right now. Normally I wouldn't share with family and friends that its triplets, but I had to in order to get help! But since I told people , they have been so supportive with sending in meals and even just for emotional support.

Israeli_C

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:49 am
Hugs from a recent mom of twins. It's not easy - I remember shlepping around to dozens of doctors appointments and feeling so miserable and uncomfortable. Check out support belts and maternity stockings if you need them - I had issues which were greatly improved by investing in a good support belt. After they're born, I say take it one day at a time. I was always looking ahead and worrying, but just tick off the days and it only gets easier.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 8:44 am
I have 3 year old triplets. The way we got here was via a live in for a long time. The pregnancy was hard- I didn't walk too far and my back hurt and it was hard to be comfortable but you feel better right after you give birth. Now I feel so lucky to have built in playdates.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:01 am
Finally! I was thinking that there probably isn't any mothers of triplets out here because they are too busy to be on imamother. Another emerald, I have so many questions . Are you ok me asking you?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:11 am
Recliner was a must for me. I spent countless nights there instead of my bed.
If you do go into bed, there are pregnancy pillows that alleviate pressure. Or stock up on reg. Pillows. 2 for your head 2 for your abdominal area 2 between your legs. Seriously.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:17 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Recliner was a must for me. I spent countless nights there instead of my bed.
If you do go into bed, there are pregnancy pillows that alleviate pressure. Or stock up on reg. Pillows. 2 for your head 2 for your abdominal area 2 between your legs. Seriously.

I actually bought a pregnancy pillow, u shaped and cant sleep without it! But I'm lucky I have a recliner in my room cause sometimes, especially as I'm growing bigger ,I take the recliner instead. My sleep is anyway interrupted a lot with the constant need of using the bathroom. (Partially because I'm drinking so much, and Partially because there is so much pressure on my bladder)
How old are your trio?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:52 pm
Happy to answer questions. And I agree about the recliner. I slept on it a lot and rested also.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:30 pm
Op, I know you have lots of questions and I hope more people will be able to help but I have some questions for you.

I am fascinated by multiples pregnancies...

Feel free to ignore whichever questions you don’t want to answer.

How long have you been married for?

I’m assuming that you didn’t conceive naturally?

How did you feel when you found out you are pregnant with triplets?

How does your husband feel?

Do you live near family who can help after the babies are born?

If you were working, when did you stop?

When did your doctor tell you to expect to deliver?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:28 pm
Hi, another lilac. I have been married for almost 3 years now, and yes they were conceived through injectables, and an ovulation trigger shot. I'm so grateful that I didn't have to use more intense treatment like IVF. I did have a couple of failed cycles before though. At 4 weeks I went back to my infertility doctor but nothing was obvious yet at 5 or 6 weeks I don't remember exactly, they told me at the ultrasound that they see 3 Separate sacs. I asked what does that mean? Well it might be triplets, they said she didn't want to say for sure as they didn't know if all three will last. I was so overwhelmed. I started laughing and crying at the same time.the doctor told me before that I have a ton of eggs in my ovaries so there is a chance I will conceive multiples. I was hoping for twins., and it might be that I ovulated only two eggs and one split . After the initial shock when I showed my husband the ultrasound pictures, he was overjoyed.
I'm lucky that I have a very big supportive family that lives nearby and they started helping out already. Yet it's very hard that my mom passed away right before I conceived. I know she is watching me from above, but still I would be able to have her support if she was still. Alive. Plus, it hurts that I'm the only one who didn't have any kids yet when she passed. I used to teach second grade, but at about six weeks my fatigue kicked in and I couldn't cope. At first the school didn't want to let me leave so they tried giving me a 2 week vacation but it didn't help., so I stopped working. If there are any mothers of my students out there who were wondering what happened to their daughter's teacher, now you know! Just don't tell anybody!
My doctor told me that the longest she will let me go is 36 weeks .but I might go into labor before. I actually love talking about this pregnancy so I really don't mind your questions.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:32 pm
I can't answer your questions, but if you'd like to visit my studio when the babies are about a month old, I'd love to offer you a complementary newborn image!

B'sha'ah tovah!!!

Chaya Braun - Newborn Photographer

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, another lilac. I have been married for almost 3 years now, and yes they were conceived through injectables, and an ovulation trigger shot. I'm so grateful that I didn't have to use more intense treatment like IVF. I did have a couple of failed cycles before though. At 4 weeks I went back to my infertility doctor but nothing was obvious yet at 5 or 6 weeks I don't remember exactly, they told me at the ultrasound that they see 3 Separate sacs. I asked what does that mean? Well it might be triplets, they said she didn't want to say for sure as they didn't know if all three will last. I was so overwhelmed. I started laughing and crying at the same time.the doctor told me before that I have a ton of eggs in my ovaries so there is a chance I will conceive multiples. I was hoping for twins., and it might be that I ovulated only two eggs and one split . After the initial shock when I showed my husband the ultrasound pictures, he was overjoyed.
I'm lucky that I have a very big supportive family that lives nearby and they started helping out already. Yet it's very hard that my mom passed away right before I conceived. I know she is watching me from above, but still I would be able to have her support if she was still. Alive. Plus, it hurts that I'm the only one who didn't have any kids yet when she passed. I used to teach second grade, but at about six weeks my fatigue kicked in and I couldn't cope. At first the school didn't want to let me leave so they tried giving me a 2 week vacation but it didn't help., so I stopped working. If there are any mothers of my students out there who were wondering what happened to their daughter's teacher, now you know! Just don't tell anybody!
My doctor told me that the longest she will let me go is 36 weeks .but I might go into labor before. I actually love talking about this pregnancy so I really don't mind your questions.

Can’t answer myself either- but one of my very close friends has yummy triplets. The pregnancy was really difficult but she says it was the only hard part bh! They had zero health complications (bris on time! No long nicu stays or anything) and she had tons of help from family after.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:30 pm
Im a triplet myself...My mother was able to carry us to 34 weeks through eating really well (protein, healthy food) and bedrest for the last 2 months. We were all born healthy and there were never any delays bH. We had a full time live in until I was 7 and my mother hasn’t worked since. My mother is extremely organized but also has a relaxed personality, which really helped. BH we are all married and doing well so there is hope!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:56 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Im a triplet myself...My mother was able to carry us to 34 weeks through eating really well (protein, healthy food) and bedrest for the last 2 months. We were all born healthy and there were never any delays bH. We had a full time live in until I was 7 and my mother hasn’t worked since. My mother is extremely organized but also has a relaxed personality, which really helped. BH we are all married and doing well so there is hope!

Not a competition but just to show that different things work for diff ppl. My friend could not stay home with three babies all day- went back to work in school when they were six months I think. She Dropped them off for babysitting(we live in a development, this is probably less practical if u need to drive there) and went to work then had family help with them in the evening...

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:58 pm
I had
three kids 11 and a half months apart Sad
a singlton and then identical twins !
it was hard at first I had a live in who didnt speak english the first year it was a great help
my family never helped or visited me in the hospital while I was their for a month pregnant
with the twins
after the first few years things got much easier
they always played nicely with one another and never had a fight

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 8:42 pm
My cousin had triplets last year, that were conceived naturally and she had a then 13 month old baby. It was very hard.
She is actually a twin herself.)

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:46 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
My cousin had triplets last year, that were conceived naturally and she had a then 13 month old baby. It was very hard.
She is actually a twin herself.)

Wow!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:26 pm
I once watched on YouTube a women pregnant with multiples, talking about moving out to another state to some Doctor who specializes in multiple births.Then they interview him, he’s delivered triplets, quads and quadruples many times, and he recommends that a mom to be get into the pool, maybe every day.

Snooop around the internet and find this Doc, somewhere in the USA. He has some great ideas of keeping mom-to-be healthy physically and mentally.

Sorry, I can’t recall more details. I tried looking for the video, but no success.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more