Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Simcha main course
Previous  1  2

esther malka

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:14 pm
I have served a plated meal with the chicken and sides plated and passed the meat family style, I found that works Grt.
Once I did chicken leg qtr with bbq sauce and brown sugar over sliced onions & the other kishke stuffed chicken.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:28 pm
aricelli wrote:
This sounds nice. How do you do this?

There are exact recipes. Basically you make a very thin potato kugel like on a cookie sheet. Bake partially then add pastrami & roll up & return to oven to continue to bake. Then slice up.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:34 pm
esther malka wrote:
I have served a plated meal with the chicken and sides plated and passed the meat family style, I found that works Grt.
Once I did chicken leg qtr with bbq sauce and brown sugar over sliced onions & the other kishke stuffed chicken.

[Unnecessary comment deleted — Rubber Ducky as Mod]

A lot of people won't eat meats with sugary sauces (my entire family, for example). A lot of people don't eat kishke.

Make something simple like a grilled chicken breast. Maybe it won't be everyone's favorite, but most people will eat it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:45 pm
dankbar wrote:
There are exact recipes. Basically you make a very thin potato kugel like on a cookie sheet. Bake partially then add pastrami & roll up & return to oven to continue to bake. Then slice up.

Logistically, getting it to hold right and look right is very complicated. Smile

dankbar

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:48 pm
I've been to simchas that a waiter goes around serving French style

aricelli

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Pastrami around the sides. Holder removed.
If you're making in advance or freezing, remove the holders while cold/frozen to make removal easier and neater.
Use a good holder.

Thanks a lot. One more question: should I use turkey pastramy or regular pastramy?

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:50 pm
aricelli wrote:
Thanks a lot. One more question: should I use turkey pastramy or regular pastramy?

Regular beef pastrami that comes in a long slice.

aricelli

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:55 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Regular beef pastrami that comes in a long slice.

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing

dankbar

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Breaded boneless chicken thigh (baby chicken/pargiyot).

For an easier pastrami potato kugel, bake individual kugels in muffin cups lined with a slice of salami before pouring batter in.

RA mom always to the rescue! Love these nice & easy potato kugel. Seems like it would be a nice presentation too! Will have to try this once! Thanks for the inspiration!

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:35 pm
For my simchas I plated and put meat and chicken on each plate. Yes, I put too much food on the plate but I didn't want anyone to go home hungry. With the meat, I either served grilled chicken, schnitzel (baked) or chicken pastrami rollup.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:56 pm
I have done a slice of three types of roasts....chicken or turkey roast, lamb roast, and beef roast.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 6:54 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
[Unnecessary comment deleted — Rubber Ducky as Mod]

A lot of people won't eat meats with sugary sauces (my entire family, for example). A lot of people don't eat kishke.

Make something simple like a grilled chicken breast. Maybe it won't be everyone's favorite, but most people will eat it.

I'm a pretty healthy person but I really dislike grilled chicken breast.

There are many meat and chicken recipes without sugary sauces.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics