Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I find it difficult to love my daughter
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:54 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I recently had a boarder...

Anyways, please know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. What was theoretical musing in my head is not what I’d wish on anyone. Big hugs ( in a nice way) too.

how could you write this not anonymously ...your screen name seems to be your actual name. what if the mother is on here, she will likely be highly offended if she sees this.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:21 pm
OP, I have this too. My child is much older. Among other things, I practice lovingkindness meditation. Look it up on you tube. Its basically practicing thinking loving thoughts toward DC. Its free and it works well.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:28 pm
dear OP, I understand where you're coming from. I love my daughter but I find her more challenging than my other kids because she needs so much more from me. she wants to be with me all the time, she talks A LOT and she needs a lot from me in general. I try so hard to be there for her and love her all the same but sometimes she's draining. it's not her fault but having a full family, working out of the house and running a home takes so much work and I don't have that much patience for her neediness. I just keep trying to be patient and kind every day a new.
just saying I understand where you're coming from and I know the struggle and the guilt....

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
how could you write this not anonymously ...your screen name seems to be your actual name. what if the mother is on here, she will likely be highly offended if she sees this.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. My boarders are local university students, not yeshiva students. I should clarify that there is no way that the mother is on here. There is no way the mother would qualify even if she knew about this board.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics