Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Neturei Karta opening Yeshiva PA Occupied Hebron
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:55 am
Rappel wrote:
I'm well aware. You do have to volunteer to be put into a combat unit - otherwise, you serve in a support role for the length of your draft.

That's not true. The army decides where to put you. Some fight to get into combat units, some are drafted into them although they would have preferred comfy office jobs.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 6:50 am
dankbar wrote:
Like the biryonim sided with the Romans & cut the waterlines coming into Jerusalem,so that Jews should surrender to the Romans. They burned all reservoirs of grains that was supposed to feed the yidden.

The Gemara in Gittin 56a says the biryonim wanted to fight the besieging Roman army while the rabbis wanted to make peace with the Romans or endure the siege and live off the storehouses of grain (and wood, needed to bake the grain into bread), which the biryonim burned. Rashi there says the biryonim did this so the people would fight the Romans.

https://www.sefaria.org.il/Git.....g2=en

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 6:57 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Then the problem is Chassidish complacency. You knows why you are ok with them,? Bec they dress more tznius than you. If they were dressed less tznius you would not be ok at all. I remember when I lived I'm Eretz Yisroel about 7 years ago there was a group of hidden I think it was lev Tahor and they were trying to entrap ppl and putting up signs in my very shared neighborhood...they were chtzpadik to the gaavad, at least one woman refused to go to the mikvah, made up new halachos etc.. and ppl didn't care enough. Do you know why? Bec they were dressed too genius! We need to care more when people piggy back on yidishkeit and misrepresent us and especially in this case hurt us. So yes wake up all of you who cant see past a long black dress. Btw I am Chassidish. Super frum.

You think I like my neighbors because they dress more tznius than me? Do you know how ridiculous your post is? So if I wanted to be the most popular, I could wear a coat in August?

Also, how do you know my tznius? I can't believe you can actually think this way.

Sheesh!

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 7:21 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Lol. You're actually defending Jews who provide monetary and political support to known terrorist organizations that exist to destroy Israel and its Jewish inhabitants. Everything else is a red herring. Enjoy your wonderful neighbors.

I am not defending them. Saying someone isn't a murderer is a weak defense indeed. Saying I don't condone unpleasantness where I live is also not a defense of their politics.

There has been more nastiness on this thread towards me than there has been towards NK in all the years I lived here.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:11 am
Rappel wrote:
You do have to volunteer to be put into a combat unit - otherwise, you serve in a support role for the length of your draft.

That is not true for boys/men. For
The brave young women who serve in the IDF it is.

My nephew was recruited-actively sought out, for a specialty group, because of his specific talent. He very much wanted that and all was set.
Because of his profile- BH very strong/healthy/physically able- it was overridden and he was assigned to combat. Both he and the specialty group appealed - to no avail.

People do not want to be in danger, in harms way, and mothers and fathers do not want their children there either. For most, they do it because they have a sense of responsibility and moral obligation.

I am well aware that I will not make you see any option other than your own.
As my goal is to never offend or hurt anyone on this, or any thread, and I am aware that we all do come from different places. I am aware that as get angry, my words can get strong. My blood pressure does not need this, as I feel VERY passionately about Am Yisrael BeEretz Yisrael (ideally Al Pi Torat YisraelYisrael- but that doesn't negate what we do have). I will no longer be checking or responding to this thread.

Rappel

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:44 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
That's not true. The army decides where to put you. Some fight to get into combat units, some are drafted into them although they would have preferred comfy office jobs.

I just checked it out, and you're right! I guess because most everyone I know who draft wanted to go into combat, I developed a false impression. Thanks for setting me straight.

As for it being illegal for Israelis (Jews, let's not beat around the bush here) to enter the PA - right again! But do these NK folk hold Israeli citizenship? Wouldn't that be counter to their values?

Happy Yom Haatzmaut to everyone!

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, May 09 2019, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:47 am
BatyaEsther wrote:

I am well aware that I will not make you see any option other than your own.

In case you do come back on here:

What would you like to change about how I think? So far, we agree on everything material.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:03 am
I despise neturei karta politics, but I didn't know that means we're obligated to hate them and it's wrong to praise them for anything whatsoever.

What other groups are we obligated to hate?

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:28 am
ectomorph wrote:
I actually think this is a wonderful idea. The Palestinians will get used to seeing Jews among themselves and not attacking them. For a lot of people who grew up hating Jews irrationally this can be a bridge.

realistically however I think that they're all going to be massacred.

Lol. Do you really think a Yeshiva full of neturei karta in their midst will make Palestinians change their mind about Jews? Oy.

hotzenplotz

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:30 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
You think I like my neighbors because they dress more tznius than me? Do you know how ridiculous your post is? So if I wanted to be the most popular, I could wear a coat in August?

Also, how do you know my tznius? I can't believe you can actually think this way.

Sheesh!

the majority of chasidish schools will not accept neturei karta children.

hotzenplotz

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:32 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I despise neturei karta politics, but I didn't know that means we're obligated to hate them and it's wrong to praise them for anything whatsoever.

What other groups are we obligated to hate?

I am not sure your are right. I am chasidish and in our circles they have a din of a rodef.
They cause chilul hashem and damage to Jews.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:05 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
... in our circles they have a din of a rodef ...

The din of a rodef is that the rodef is to be stopped by a minimum of force but if nothing else will suffice, the rodef is to be killed. I'm not calling for violence, I'm just wondering what they mean in "your circles" by the term rodef.

ETA: The dinim of a rodef can be found in Rambam, Hilchot Rotzeach u'Shmirat Nefesh 1. Aside from what I wrote above, it is a mitzvat aseh for every Jew to stop a rodef.

Last edited by imasoftov on Thu, May 09 2019, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:14 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
I am not sure your are right. I am chasidish and in our circles they have a din of a rodef.
They cause chilul hashem and damage to Jews.

There isn't this level of hostility IRL from the chassidim.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 2:22 am
ectomorph wrote:
I actually think this is a wonderful idea. The Palestinians will get used to seeing Jews among themselves and not attacking them. For a lot of people who grew up hating Jews irrationally this can be a bridge.

realistically however I think that they're all going to be massacred.
If you think your first paragraph will ever happen, I have a bridge to sell you Sad
They will be attacked left right and center. This yeshiva will never get off the ground. Its a bizarre idea and if these lunatics think it will ever happen, they are crazier than many already think.

etky

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 4:30 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
If you think your first paragraph will ever happen, I have a bridge to sell you Sad
They will be attacked left right and center. This yeshiva will never get off the ground. Its a bizarre idea and if these lunatics think it will ever happen, they are crazier than many already think.

Mamash. As if they haven't lived among Jews before.
And we all know how that has often ended.
Yesterday, on Yom Ha'atzmaut, we visited Beit Yellin in Motza, right outside of Jerusalem.
The guide related how the founding family of the tiny Moshava were massacred by their Arab neighbors and co-farmers from the nearby village of Colonia in 1929.
When the first portends of what was about to happen became known, the matriarch of the family refused to believe her Arab friends would harm her. She was a nurse and delivered all the babies born in the village. They were like family to her.
I will spare you the details of her barbarous murder.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics