Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which smells drive you crazy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:31 pm
EMEN wrote:
I can't stand the smell of corn chips.

this!! smells like smelly socks.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:33 pm
That outdoor smell that sticks to clothing! TMI When the kids come inside after playing, I can't breathe! And it's not sweat. But those clothes reek and I insist they come off immediately.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
That outdoor smell that sticks to clothing! TMI When the kids come inside after playing, I can't breathe! And it's not sweat. But those clothes reek and I insist they come off immediately.

yes! thanks for reminding me. only in summer, tho.

batya315

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:43 pm
Hard boiled eggs. Inhaling someone's too strong perfume all day.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:47 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
yes! thanks for reminding me. only in summer, tho.

Some days I have already sniffed it! TMI

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:48 pm
ra_mom wrote:

When my dh goes for a long walk and his clothing has that smell afterwards Can't Believe It I know exactly what you mean and it's horrible.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:59 pm
The kids come in and hug me and I'm like you smell from the outside - take off those clothes! And dd says that's not nice. So I started holding me nose and praying for air. TMI Then saying come guys, let's change into fresh clean clothes.

Librarian

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:18 pm
hate the smell of lilies - including perfume that smells like the flower

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:21 pm
I work with a lot of (married) men and they officially do not wear deodorant. They pass my desk to get to the printer and woooffff. I put married in parentheses because it’s mind boggling that a guy even if he himself will not realize he smells, where is his wife!!?!! It grosses me out and angers me every day separately

crust

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:07 pm
People passing me after they cooked fish.
Please.... if you plan on going out afterwards please wear gloves when cutting onions and cooking your fish.

cnc

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:29 pm
crust wrote:
People passing me after they cooked fish.
Please.... if you plan on going out afterwards please wear gloves when cutting onions and cooking your fish.

This reminds me of when my sheitel macher told me that she can tell exactly when each person cooked that day especially on Thursdays.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The kids come in and hug me and I'm like you smell from the outside - take off those clothes! And dd says that's not nice. So I started holding me nose and praying for air. TMI Then saying come guys, let's change into fresh clean clothes.

interesting to me that it's on the clothes. I always thought only a bath helped.

I can smell almost any food on someones breath. I can tell what dh ate hours later and other people too. I can smell when my kid has a cold. Confused

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Is that what it is?? I always thought it was the carpet...

Beingreal

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:53 pm
Bbq smells

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:54 pm
Ummmm you would all hate my office. We have no problem with fish, even salmon and sardines. And I put raw onions and hard boiled eggs in my salad almost daily....and I officially always have the best lunches!
Oh....and when I don't have a salad I have falafel or sardines.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:59 pm
I’m super sentive to smell always
When I am preggo I am worse- can’t even go into grocery store or open my fridge from the smell! The smell of garbage in the summer!
So many smells that make me throw up!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:20 pm
I guess I'm living in a different world, or at least working in one. I'm a nurse and work in a hospital. I absolutely cannot stand the smell of marijuana! Cigarette smoke is a very close second.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:45 pm
oops. duplicate

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, May 09 2019, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:45 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I guess I'm living in a different world, or at least working in one. I'm a nurse and work in a hospital. I absolutely cannot stand the smell of marijuana! Cigarette smoke is a very close second.

Oh yeah, yuck to marijuana. why do people smoke skunk anyway Banging head
Reminds me of the hospital that was our second home for a while- the family room- ooh, the smell there- from all the ethnic foods being microwaved Puke Puke I would run in to grab some water/ice & try not to breathe while there.

soap suds

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:52 pm
Baked chicken makes me gag. And here's another vote for the "outside smell". I also always thought it's on the kids themselves. Never thought that changing clothing would help. Anyways, by the time they come in from playing in the street I wouldn't want them changing into fresh clothing. I just grin and bear it until bath-time.

And I like the smell of cigarettes. Non smoker myself, no smokers in my family. I just enjoy the smell when passing smokers on the street.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics