Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which smells drive you crazy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

soap suds

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:57 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Oh yeah, yuck to marijuana. why do people smoke skunk anyway Banging head
Reminds me of the hospital that was our second home for a while- the family room- ooh, the smell there- from all the ethnic foods being microwaved Puke Puke I would run in to grab some water/ice & try not to breathe while there.

I'm a country girl. So I was was quite well acquainted with the (real) skunk smell. After I moved to the city I was surprised to smell skunk in Brooklyn. I naively asked DH if it's possible that we have skunks in the neighborhood. He had no clue what I was talking about. Until we encountered the smell when we were out together and he finally solved the riddle for me.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:08 am
crust wrote:
People passing me after they cooked fish.
Please.... if you plan on going out afterwards please wear gloves when cutting onions and cooking your fish.

yup, forgot about that. how about when they saute onions or fry eggs, that smell sticks to the clothes and hair till it's washed.

but weird me, I love the smell of gasoline, magic markers, spray paint and some other weird stuff I can't remember

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:12 am
anyone else have this craziness? I love air fresheners for bathroom odors in the store but when I bring it home and it's used in the bathroom I can't deal with it. it's like a horrible smell association and I have to close the door to the bathroom so I don't smell the freshener spray.

crust

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:13 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I love the smell of gasoline, magic markers, spray paint and some other weird stuff I can't remember

I also like the smell of those things!

How about fresh newspaper? New crocs? Ahhh!

I dont want to derail this thread so I started a new one for weird smells that we like.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....61588

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 9:32 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Raw onions. One of my bosses used to eat raw onions in his daily salad and I literally got a headache from the strength of the smell.

When I give my ds raw onions in his lunch for school, I try to give him a piece of gum also if we have any in the house.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:11 am
chicco wrote:
Yes, a perfume wearing cumin eater is definitely bad news.

I feel like sweaty perfume wearing cumin eating men accurately describes a well-defined cultural group with anthropological precision and yes, they are frequently bad news!

EmpireState

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:28 am
Newsprint (but only certain newspapers).
I completely agree with the cumin description as equivalent to body odor
Sardines

ny21

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:31 am
I also cant stand to look or smell sardines

EmpireState

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:34 am
Liver (in any form imaginable)
Cooked cabbage

perquacky

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 1:24 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I have to go anon because all my friends and coworkers know this about me. I HATE the smell of Greek yogurt. I have left rooms and moved garbage bags because of it.

I could have written this. I've done the same thing with the garbage bags.
And when someone is eating Greek yogurt on the train and there's no escape, it's nightmarish for me!

perquacky

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 1:29 pm
Did anyone mention parmesan cheese? I'm surprised that so many people love eating something that to me smells like a combination of vomit and garbage. When my kids sprinkle it on spaghetti it ruins my enjoyment of my food--probably because I can't taste what I'm eating when I stop breathing--and I usually end of leaving the room.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 3:33 pm
merrygold wrote:
I was sitting at my desk, doing my work when all of the sudden I got a whiff of something. Strange. Smells like...like...gefilte fish?!
Looked over at my coworker and she has a container full of gefilte fish. A tasty mid-morning snack. I happen to like gefilte fish but at work?
Blech!
Which foods are office no-no's? Have you had any experiences like this?
Any smells that you like at work?

People who don’t use deodorant!!!! UCh!!!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 3:35 pm
EMEN wrote:
I can't stand the smell of corn chips.

Corn chips smell like dirty socks

bsy

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 6:42 pm
I cant stand the smell of weed. Or cigarette smoke. Or semen. Or a certain cleanser, not sure which one. Maybe fabulous? I'm traumatized from that one because a school I worked in REEKED of it and it was so strong.

Eureka!

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 8:21 pm
clementine

Metukah

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 8:58 pm
I'm very sensitive to smells. Those that I don't like, I am intolerant of.

I cannot tolerate the smell of fish. I do like eating fish and it always boggles my mind. I feel like it's a punishment. Love the taste but can't take the smell.

I don't like the smell of clementines, cumin and cinnamon. I'm sure there are many more I don't like.

Non food smells that drive me nuts are cigarettes and drugs (although cigarette smoke smell is worse) and foul smelling people; sweat, non washed clothes, neglect, smelly breath (particularly cigarette, coffee, onions and garlic). I see lots of people at work and the worst part of my job is smelly people. I often cover my nose when there is someone particularly smelly in my room. I try to be sensitive about it and not make it obvious.

I don't like the way my children smell when they come home from school, (that's putting it mildly). When my children were in nursery /kindergarten, the smell made me puke.
I also don't like the smell of outdoors on people.

My sensitivity to smells is a million times worse when pregnant.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 11:59 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Corn chips smell like dirty socks

Really? I love corn chips. but potato chips smell

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:01 am
ra_mom wrote:
That outdoor smell that sticks to clothing! TMI When the kids come inside after playing, I can't breathe! And it's not sweat. But those clothes reek and I insist they come off immediately.

That's the smell of faint sweat.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 5:57 am
fish (uncooked, and not like sushi but smelly)
bleach (I can throw up)
some sausages (probably the additives)

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:02 am
To all the people that dont like the smell of fish.
Does this mean that it is insensitive to eat tuna fish at work?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics