Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How much will cost life in Bnei Brak

too tired

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 6:11 am
My son will travel this zman to Bnei Brak. He will be there maybe a year maybe 2 maybe less. Will be there bli neder till he gets engaged. May it he soon! Going to have free rent. I want to calculate how much pocket money he will need. He should have money for all extras. Coming with his basic clothes and hat and beding.

He is going to do something he loves and has tried it twice in the past for short periods of time and it gave him lots of simchas hachaim.
What do you think will be his expenses and what's the YEARLY cost ? Round to the higher number.

Clean clothes. I want he give away and receive folded and pressed ready.

NOT PAYING RENT.

1 New suit and bekecha per year. New shirts once a year. He will have to look fresh and put together all the time.
Suit and bekecha will all be from G and G store in Israel. No neckties expense.

Buying now 2 pairs of shoes. Will maybe need 1 shoe in middle of the year, lets say.

His prefered yogurt fruits cofee jar nosh etc . He will have acsess to all meals generously including shabbes.

He does not smoke BH.

They will give a cell and pay cell service.

What else may he need or want?

All things he will do will be very local. Lets count 4 local private not shared "monits" per month.

Lets count to give a medium gift to a family of mine getting married or an envelope to a close friend getting married .IDK.

A sefer or similar sometimes.

Lets say his sansa clip from america breaks. Count a new one from there and load shiurim and
music.

Renewal of his american passport.

TIA for all who can help me figure this.

2gether

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 11:45 pm
too tired wrote:
My son will travel this zman to Bnei Brak. He will be there maybe a year maybe 2 maybe less. Will be there bli neder till he gets engaged. May it he soon! Going to have free rent. I want to calculate how much pocket money he will need. He should have money for all extras. Coming with his basic clothes and hat and beding.

He is going to do something he loves and has tried it twice in the past for short periods of time and it gave him lots of simchas hachaim.
What do you think will be his expenses and what's the YEARLY cost ? Round to the higher number.

Clean clothes. I want he give away and receive folded and pressed ready. I rarely dryclean, but its roughly 45/ suit, shirts - I just don't know sorry

NOT PAYING RENT.

1 New suit and bekecha per year. New shirts once a year. He will have to look fresh and put together all the time.
Suit and bekecha will all be from G and G store in Israel. No neckties expense. 1400 suits w/lining, shirts are cheaper in the states if you can stock up/send him, also how many shirts does he need at once 4? 6? 10?

Buying now 2 pairs of shoes. Will maybe need 1 shoe in middle of the year, lets say. 350 shekal, new hat?

His prefered yogurt fruits cofee jar nosh etc . He will have acsess to all meals generously including shabbes. THIS, can really add up, 100-300/mo.? very rough estimate, don't know quantities, or is nosh a bag of potato chips or 5

He does not smoke BH.

They will give a cell and pay cell service. and if it breaks thats 500 shekal for a new phone (you can get duds for 250...) does that include long distance??

What else may he need or want? see below

All things he will do will be very local. Lets count 4 local private not shared "monits" per month. in B"B he'll use the bus but count it in because you don't have any other travel expenses

Lets count to give a medium gift to a family of mine getting married or an envelope to a close friend getting married .IDK. I don't think too much is expected of bochrim unless they are very close, so count 50*a few

A sefer or similar sometimes. make sure he brings his machzorim/yotzres/haggadah/kinos/megilah otherwise you buy each yom tov, if weight is an issue just bring the machzorim

Lets say his sansa clip from america breaks. Count a new one from there and load shiurim and
music. 150

Renewal of his american passport. I think 140 dollar, and travel to get there and to the visa office, airport travel for the way home and there

TIA for all who can help me figure this.

I think your missing some more costs: more traveling, take out (even just rugelach & chulent), you say everything will be local, but no simchas/ Kosel/kivrei tzadikim/bein hazmanim fun traveling costs?,and not just travel - maybe some bein hazmanim fun costs, lost towels in mikva, he might also need new socks, undergarments not just suits and shirts, detergant (for linen/undergarments/pjs etc.) and money for the washing machine (5 shekal a load), shampoo etc., mikva sub., magazines?, fan/space heater for bedroom

Can't think of much more the bocher would need, everything is normal, maybe just the dry cleaning shirts isn't really the standard here.[b]

2gether

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:01 am
Oh yes, and yom tov costs: deled minim, matzos, mishloach manos, chanuka oil

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:07 am
Hi OP, I'm an Ima living nearby (depending on where he'll be in BB, could even be walking distance). Just to say if he wants to come to us for shabbos meals (and bring friends) he's more than welcome. We're chabad, very happy to see new faces!

too tired

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:35 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Hi OP, I'm an Ima living nearby (depending on where he'll be in BB, could even be walking distance). Just to say if he wants to come to us for shabbos meals (and bring friends) he's more than welcome. We're chabad, very happy to see new faces!

He will be not far from rechov chazon ish and Dushintsky Cheder. awh thats so nice!!!!!!

too tired

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:43 am
ThaNks 2gether.
Matsos he will for sure have from hosts. But 4 minim is how much there?
Nice mshloach monos for 4 people? Like a bartenura with one or two mezonos?

too tired

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:46 am
How much is in bne brak to send his whole laundry bag to wash and fold and including receive back shirts ironed and folded? His shirts are the no iron type so its light ironing. And do you know a private person in zichron meier area or a cleaners that does this?

2gether

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 5:08 am
too tired wrote:
ThaNks 2gether.
Matsos he will for sure have from hosts. But 4 minim is how much there?
Nice mshloach monos for 4 people? Like a bartenura with one or two mezonos?

4 minim 200-250 for an OK set
unless he's that hoizbucher Smile it would be wrong for him not to bring his own matzos, which are 150-170 kilo (he'll need exactly one kilo)(I'm assuming your level of chumros based on G&G...)
for hosts that would be a nice mishloach manos 50-70, friends would be nosh - 10-20 p"p, maybe some rebbes/other adults would also need the nicer type

there are cleaners who do loads of laundry, but if he is in some yeshivah setting they'll have machines there to use which will be cheaper and I don't think its too much work for a bocher who doesn't do any other housework just to put up a load or 2 a week (good marriage prep...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics