Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you have a 2 yo when do you shower on Friday?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:42 am
My 2 yo naps in daycare. . So I find I have no time to shower on Friday. He's home the whole time I'm home , (I'm not home while he's in daycare), because I have no place to leave him safely and happily. I have to wait for dh to come home which is close to shabbos. Is this just my reality for now or is there a solution?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 2 yo naps in daycare. . So I find I have no time to shower on Friday. He's home the whole time I'm home , (I'm not home while he's in daycare), because I have no place to leave him safely and happily. I have to wait for dh to come home which is close to shabbos. Is this just my reality for now or is there a solution?

Can’t you take a quick shower with him?

mha3484

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:48 am
I usually shower Thursday night and motzei shabbos. If I have a few extra min Friday Ill take a quick rinse off.

mushkale

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:48 am
I bring toys and my phone with a video on into the bathroom with me. Keeps them occupied and distracted and I can keep an eye.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:50 am
My 2 yo is a boy who loves the toilet. If I bring him in the room with me he will be arms deep in the toilet.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:51 am
mha3484 wrote:
I usually shower Thursday night and motzei shabbos. If I have a few extra min Friday Ill take a quick rinse off.

I get so sweaty from all the housework and childcare I do ok Friday that a Friday shower is a must.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I get so sweaty from all the housework and childcare I do ok Friday that a Friday shower is a must.

So why not bring him in the shower with you like I suggested? 🤔 Most kids love being cuddled by their moms in the shower.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:55 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
So why not bring him in the shower with you like I suggested? 🤔 Most kids love being cuddled by their moms in the shower.

I'm not comfortable with being naked in front of him, and he'd kvetch about water getting into his eyes etc...

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 2 yo is a boy who loves the toilet. If I bring him in the room with me he will be arms deep in the toilet.

Get a toilet lock and give him a small device to watch on. That's what I did.

pesek zman

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:57 am
Yes it’s your reality till you get him to
Watch a video which will render him immobile for the duration of your shower

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not comfortable with being naked in front of him, and he'd kvetch about water getting into his eyes etc...

That was my only solution (I used to be careful not to get water in my DC’s eyes). I don’t have any other suggestions, sorry.

srbmom

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:58 am
When my DH was working late fridays I would take a shower early in the AM and wash my hair and shave and then jump in for 30 seconds to rinse off again right before shabbos - but this way I didn't need any time in there

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:59 am
I will look into a toilet lock. That sounds like a great idea!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Usually I'm so happy that my 2 yo hates sitting and watching videos but in this case I could actually benefit if he did like it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:00 am
srbmom wrote:
When my DH was working late fridays I would take a shower early in the AM and wash my hair and shave and then jump in for 30 seconds to rinse off again right before shabbos - but this way I didn't need any time in there

Also a good idea. (At this stage in my life every minute of sleep is precious so I'll have to weigh the pros and cons but if all else fails this is definitely an option.)

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:01 am
Keep the door open. Strap him in high hair with a snack near the open door so you can keep an eye.

Good luck!

Edited- obviously this only works if you live in a one floor apartment. If you don’t, don’t start shlepping your high chair up the stairs. put him in a booster chair that you’ll keep upstairs or a play pen.

Last edited by SuperWify on Fri, May 10 2019, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:03 am
My now almost 3 year old is not my oldest, so my older kids can keep her occupied, or she will be downstairs in the kitchen with my husband.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:05 am
SuperWify wrote:
Keep the door open. Strap him in high hair with a snack near the open door so you can keep an eye.

Good luck!

My shower is upstairs (no food allowed + I can't shlep a highchair up)

Thanks though.

Odd topic but I find Friday to be the hardest day- I'm exhausted after a long week, kids (5 and 2 yo, but 5 yo is not big enough to watch 2 yo) are home I don't want them making a mess, they need to be entertained for a loooong day in the summer...
I manage but it's Hard!
I never thought I'd be one of those women who wear tichels or snoods Friday night but these days, unless we have guests, I can't be bothered to put on a sheitel or my contact lenses!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:05 am
Once upon a time I had this problem too. I would wash my hair thursday night, have my make-up done already on Friday, and take a super fast shower when DH came home before shabbos, doing my best not to melt off my make-up.

mushkale

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:06 am
Yes try the toilet lock! I see someone beat me to that.

honeymoon

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My shower is upstairs (no food allowed + I can't shlep a highchair up)

Thanks though.

Odd topic but I find Friday to be the hardest day- I'm exhausted after a long week, kids (5 and 2 yo, but 5 yo is not big enough to watch 2 yo) are home I don't want them making a mess, they need to be entertained for a loooong day in the summer...
I manage but it's Hard!
I never thought I'd be one of those women who wear tichels or snoods Friday night but these days, unless we have guests, I can't be bothered to put on a sheitel or my contact lenses!

I find the long Fridays difficult too with young kids. And the last few Fridays were rainy around here so they are home all day. And cleaning the house while the kids are around is like shoveling the snow while it is still snowing.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics