Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
No more Payless - what now?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:38 am
I did pretty well with their sneakers for kids in the past, always under $15, usually something that fit, lasted well through the summer and if they didn't, well, under $15.

I'm also sad about the Dexflex comfort ballet flats. Sure they had zero support but they held up pretty well and were comfortable enough to throw on and look dressed enough for Shabbos. I went to Payless looking to stock up for an uncertain future as soon as I heard they were closing, and they already had nothing in my size Sad And my previous pair had JUST died (for reference, I had them literally for years and wore them almost every time I had to go somewhere casual on Shabbos.) So I'm kind of sad now. I bought a size up since it seemed to fit in the store, but when I wanted to wear them for real I found that they rubbed sores on my feet because of the wrong sizing.

Anyway I feel a little bereft. We have a Fabco nearby but I never found anything there. I liked the quality at Payless much better. What's next?

honeymoon

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:39 am
condolences to you on your loss.
how about amazon?

crust

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:41 am
I found cute Shabbos shoes on the Next-usa site and I saw that Zappos has some great deals as well.

I'll follow for more ideas here.

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:43 am
Did you try target?

honeymoon

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:45 am
DSW?

forgetit

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:47 am
DSW is a bit pricier than payless. Zappos and Zara work for me. Amazon if I'm stuck bec. they have too many choices and I don't feel the filters are specific enough.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:47 am
I have hard feet but I have friends who do well in h and m and gap (on sale) and Zara

thunderstorm

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:49 am
Since Payless closed down I've been finding their shoes on Amazon.
I got myself some Payless shoes after they officially went out of business (when their website was shut down).

soap suds

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:57 am
I've been buying kids sneakers at Old Navy for the past few years. Also under $15. Quality was mostly very good. Most of them survived the summer and then some.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:20 am
What's wrong with going to Walmart?

Sleepymama

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:21 am
https://www.amazon.com/dexflex.....116OI

Are these them?

momof2+?

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:22 am
No advice, but I 'm sad with you. I miss payless.

reality mom

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:11 am
MARSHALLS! DSW is not cheap.
And primark.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:36 am
Lol I thought this thread was "no more payess" and I was like "wow, it's not a 'thing' anymore?? Who gave that psak???"

Oy. I need to go back to sleep.

Einikel

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:38 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Lol I thought this thread was "no more payess" and I was like "wow, it's not a 'thing' anymore?? Who gave that psak???"

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

mishpacha1

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:51 am
Primark is a great store!
if you are open to online, https://us.shein.com/?ref=www&.....et=us has great stuff for really good prices.... I never ordered kids but have ordered for myself, and sometimes have gotten great quality items for great prices

L25

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:38 am
I'm with you seeker Sad. My older dd started to like the sneakers at places at Dicks better which I was fine with. Shabbos shoes we bought at payless. When we tried to find her shabbos shoes in other stores it was actually hard to find ones that fit her, forget about price! She had a certain style from payless that she liked and we just would buy the next size up. I actually bought her the next size up before they closed but I do worry what I'll do from now on and for her younger siblings Sad

Stride rite already closed by us. It's getting harder and harder to find children shoe stores near us...I know most people just buy online but I really like to try the shoes on in the store and have a salesperson feel it....

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:41 am
We miss the girls shabbos shoes too. I also thought I'd stock up but they were all out already. So far we've been using Amazon & Zara.

Since you're looking for sneakers, have you tried WalMart online? They should have comparable children's lines I would think.

flmommy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:48 am
Target

mochamix18

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:54 am
Israeli_C wrote:

😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains