Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO community in EY that is not so strictly chareidi

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:19 am
I consider myself chareidi, but not so strict like most chareidi Israelis. I wear socks (with long skirts) and usually not tights. Dh wears colored shirts and he only wears his black hat on Shabbos.

Is there any community in EY that has people like us? It seems to me like rules are more extreme there than they are in NY.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:23 am
There are loads of such places. It'd help to know what you DO want and not just what you don't

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:35 am
we live in rbs. tons of people like that live here

saramalka

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:41 am
For sure Ramat bet shemesh aleph has tons of people and areas like that.
Also mishkafayim and mem 3 which are are new areas of RBS aleph

finallyamommy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:45 am
I third RBS! Also maybe Har Nof or Moshav Matisyahu.

But things tend to be sort of polarized in EY, and if you have school aged kids you might default to chardal rather than chareidi, from your description.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:52 am
finallyamommy wrote:
I third RBS! Also maybe Har Nof or Moshav Matisyahu.

But things tend to be sort of polarized in EY, and if you have school aged kids you might default to chardal rather than chareidi, from your description.

I agree with finallyamommy - the dress described would not fly in most strictly haredi areas and there's no real 'grey area'. Except maybe in a very anglo area. Best to go chardal.

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:54 am
Chardal has 'rules' of it's own. When our kids were getting to school age, we also thought, we're not charedi, but we're very strict on halacha, separation of genders, etc, we went to a school in Kiryat Moshe, can't remember it's name, and they said "only kids who have a connection to Merkaz Harav - sorry, not for you".
This was ~15 years ago, maybe different now, but chardal, is very Israeli - can't explain it, it's not the same as 'American yeshivish but slightly more modern, wears a colored shirt', it's also closed, but in its own way.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:09 am
I definitely agree that Ramat Beit Shemesh is an obvious choice. Nof Ayalon could work too, but it's hard to find housing there.

someone

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:14 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Chardal has 'rules' of it's own. When our kids were getting to school age, we also thought, we're not charedi, but we're very strict on halacha, separation of genders, etc, we went to a school in Kiryat Moshe, can't remember it's name, and they said "only kids who have a connection to Merkaz Harav - sorry, not for you".
This was ~15 years ago, maybe different now, but chardal, is very Israeli - can't explain it, it's not the same as 'American yeshivish but slightly more modern, wears a colored shirt', it's also closed, but in its own way.

Speaking as someone who is probably considered chardal, this is definately true. Especially regarding attitutude toward the State of Israel, but also other issues, chardal is a category in itself.

mandksima

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:36 am
Do you need a community of just people like you? I have a friend who meets your description living in Neve Daniel in the Gush although many around her are more modern.

Israeli_C

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:47 am
This is a 'crisis' faced by a great deal of Americans who consider themselves 'modern Charedi'. Tbh it doesn't really exist here. You need to choose to be charedi or chardal - both are very different and I agree with the above poster that each have their own rules.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:06 am
I have seen this issue raised so many times hete, I always wonder why a group of like-minded modern chareidi Americans doesn't move here en masse and establish their own yishuv, or establish a mixed yishuv with open-minded Jews of other varieties.

salt

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:24 am
DrMom wrote:
I have seen this issue raised so many times hete, I always wonder why a group of like-minded modern chareidi Americans doesn't move here en masse and establish their own yishuv, or establish a mixed yishuv with open-minded Jews of other varieties.

= ramat beit shemesh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions