Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o What "luxury" do you wish you had?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:33 pm
That my husband would earn a great salary so I wouldn't need to work. Not happening in this lifetime though so I'm overworked to the bone and always attempting to save money, so very few luxuries for me.

I wish I would've understood how finances worked when I was 19 and dating. I would only date guys who would potentially earn well unlike my DH who is content in his dead end job so I'm constantly harried and rushed and backlogged.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:38 pm
a dish washer

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:43 pm
A dishwasher for Pesach.

For each of my kids to have their own rooms, because the fighting drives me crazy and it really is hard for them.

To be able to have family dinner on weeknights, at a reasonable time for the kids and still have dh home for it.

Zehava

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:44 pm
A nice big custom house. I have all the rooms planned out in my head. I dream of a custom library with wall to wall shelves and little built in reading books and a cozy window seat. A playroom for the kids with soft padding and jumping thingies, a trampoline? And a huge toy closet. A big master suite with a jacuzzi and gigantic beds. A princess room for my princess with a four poster bed and canopy and custom painted walls. A kitchen big enough for everyone to hang out in without it getting crowded. Maybe with a couch. A nice guest suite on a different floor so I can take guests anytime without losing my space and privacy.
A girl can dream.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:04 pm
Israeli_C wrote:
Cleaning lady. And while we're wishing, I'd want a cleaning lady who is legally residing in the country with perfect English and who is young and skinny enough to get the job done well but ugly enough that she wouldn't be a distraction to DH Tongue Out (tongue in cheek, calm down!)

Dishwasher. And while we're dreaming, I'll even take two!

A smartphone. My kids keep breaking mine so I gave up trying to have something fancy and expensive.

Yearly flights 'home'. My family have been badgering me for years to come visit them.

A night nurse. Two! One for each twin. I want to remember how it felt to sleep through the night.

A new sheital. Ultra lightweight and big enough to fit my long hair and fat head Tongue Out

Why don't you get a short haircut in the summer

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:18 pm
A full 8 hour night sleep😊

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:25 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Why don't you get a short haircut in the summer

DH doesn't like short hair

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:29 pm
Israeli_C wrote:

Interesting that he's taking on many Chabad minhagim and Chumros but neglecting this one. We generally hold that hair shouldn't be longer than a tefach which would also solve some of your summer Shaitel woes.

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:36 pm
Israeli_C wrote:

Cut it short at least in the summer.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Interesting that he's taking on many Chabad minhagim and Chumros but neglecting this one. We generally hold that hair shouldn't be longer than a tefach which would also solve some of your summer Shaitel woes.

I remember my ultra-chabadnikit madricha kallah saying exactly this and being horrified! I've had very long red hair forever and she suddenly told me that hair is din and that I should cut it all off. Thankfully this is a chumra he's not on board with!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:48 pm
I wish I had a full time housekeeper who also cooks and cleans. Ready dinner when I come home who’s creative so I don’t have to rack my brains to make everyone’s preferences work.
I wish I could afford a house with at least 5 bedrooms and a pool.
I wish I can have a child without having to do IVF.
I wish I had a mom and sisters who I had a good relationship with.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:55 pm
Israeli_C wrote:
I remember my ultra-chabadnikit madricha kallah saying exactly this and being horrified! I've had very long red hair forever and she suddenly told me that hair is din and that I should cut it all off. Thankfully this is a chumra he's not on board with!

You can't even imagine the difference between a Shaitel with long hair and short hair. Two different worlds.

Metukah

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:55 pm
Zehava wrote:
A nice big custom house. I have all the rooms planned out in my head. I dream of a custom library with wall to wall shelves and little built in reading books and a cozy window seat. A playroom for the kids with soft padding and jumping thingies, a trampoline? And a huge toy closet. A big master suite with a jacuzzi and gigantic beds. A princess room for my princess with a four poster bed and canopy and custom painted walls. A kitchen big enough for everyone to hang out in without it getting crowded. Maybe with a couch. A nice guest suite on a different floor so I can take guests anytime without losing my space and privacy.
A girl can dream.

You've taken my dream and transcribed it.

I want a big beautiful house, with a full time housekeeper.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:56 pm
2 new sheitels
Cleaning help
New landscaping on my entire property according to my taste , with gazebo and multiple gardens etc.
Therapy to heal me of my fear of driving
Individual bedrooms for each of my kids
New and different furniture for my entire home
Renovated bathrooms
Freshly scraped floors
More renovations on my house...
An 8 or 9 branch silver candelabra
One on one mentors and tutors for each child according to their specific need and style of learning
I believe every one of my little dreams will become reality one day. I never give up.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:57 pm
Israeli_C wrote:

To be consistent he should then agree with more lightweight hair coverings.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:36 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
You can't even imagine the difference between a Shaitel with long hair and short hair. Two different worlds.

I've heard it looks a lot better! I'm tempted! Who knows, maybe he'll change his mind sometime. Or I'll get a sheital nicer than my own hair and it'll make no difference to him anymore!

finallyamommy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:53 pm
A mortgage (instead of rent), a dishwasher, a mirpeset, a separate Pesach kitchen, and unlimited funds and mental energy for IVF. In that order.

Mayflower

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:58 pm
- A huge garden with a pool
- A second car

Raisin

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:59 pm
a guest suite. While we are about it, a huge basement with space for a pre pesach kitchen , lots of storage, a couple of guest rooms and bathrooms, playroom, proper laundry room.

More cleaning help. Like every day, even if only for an hour.

Some really nice sheitals - don't care if they are expensive, but ones that look natural.

A new kitchen would be nice but my current one is ok for the moment.

Emotional

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:59 pm
The sudden disappearance of my chronic fatigue and sleepiness.
A healthy metabolism so that obesity wouldn't be a lifelong struggle.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics