Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o What "luxury" do you wish you had?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:21 pm
Indoor pool and gym

Rappel

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:29 pm
Two good horses. We'd cover so much more ground when we hike.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:39 pm
A bigger kitchen, specifically a second sink, more counter space and cabinets and if I got really lucky, a second oven. Another bedroom, a playroom. I guess I just want a bigger house!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:47 pm
I'd love to have comfortable guestroom with bathroom for my guests.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:52 pm
1-A huge house in Jerusalem with enough money to host my parents, mil and children for yom tov
2- a chauffeured car- I hate driving
3- being myself without people constantly telling me to change

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 5:12 pm
A second sheitel that looks half decent on me.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:05 pm
•A personal trainer
•Delivery of healthy breakfast, lunch and supper daily!! Would be so much easier to lose weight.
•Time to daven a full daily shachris without a wandering mind
•Personal shopper

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:30 pm
Time, money and access to the best mental health care for my loved ones with anxiety and for their willingness to put in the hard work.

And the same for health and weight. Money and access to a personal chef to make what is healthy for each of us individually every day for optimum health and weight and the willingness for each of us to follow through.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:00 pm
Everyone has said all the good ones, and I want that whole life of course...

Along with chocolate that doesn’t cause weight gain or breakouts LOL

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:15 pm
Hate to be a downer but this thread is scaring me.

I have a house. 2 dishwashers. An ensuite bathroom.I don't work. Half a day cleaning help once a week. Look at me and be envious.

Until you know

All my kids have disability / mental health issues that were present from birth. I never know who will be going crazy which day. I never know who will refuse to go to school. Who will hurt someone else, or do some other unpredictable thing.

Be careful what you wish for.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:40 pm
Cleaning help, or to cut my work hours, or both.
A husband who is emotionally present and in tune with what's going on around him, somewhat aware of the needs of his wife and kids, and is willing and motivated to do something to fulfill those needs.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:44 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

I have a house. 2 dishwashers. An ensuite bathroom.I don't work. Half a day cleaning help once a week. Look at me and be envious.

Until you know

All my kids have disability / mental health issues that were present from birth. I never know who will be going crazy which day. I never know who will refuse to go to school. Who will hurt someone else, or do some other unpredictable thing.

Same. I’m a SAHM with a huge house, cleaning help, good figure and nice clothing but I have a SN child and a child that the school keeps calling about to get him tested for ADD.
My life is in turmoil right now. All I want is for my family to be healthy in mind and in body.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:51 pm
Being able to afford therapy for my kids with various issues.

Good private doctors to diagnose and treat my medical issues (with hkbh help).

thunderstorm

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:51 pm

Until you know

Having dreams and wishes for material luxuries doesn't mean people are envious of people that have it. It's my own personal dreams and wishes for myself without looking at someone else that already has it. That doesn't take away from the fact that my son was diagnosed of Friday with a life threatening condition. Or that my other child needs serious emotional help after being bullied. We can all have difficult lives and still wish and dream for little things that'll bring smiles to our faces.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Having dreams and wishes for material luxuries doesn't mean people are envious of people that have it. It's my own personal dreams and wishes for myself without looking at someone else that already has it. That doesn't take away from the fact that my son was diagnosed of Friday with a life threatening condition. Or that my other child needs serious emotional help after being bullied. We can all have difficult lives and still wish and dream for little things that'll bring smiles to our faces.

Well said. And to all of you may hashem grant you all your wishes and needs. Which includes refua, parnassa, , בנים, and everything on our lists.
Thunderstorm- can we have your son’s name for tehillim?

Zehava

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:04 pm

Until you know

All due respect, some people have nice houses and healthy kids. And some people live in dumps with unhealthy kids. I don’t know why none of us can wish for a nice house because you happen to live in one and happen to have unhealthy kids.

Surrendered

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:21 pm
Nobody has got it all. It's impossible. Just some people's issues are obvious, some are disclosed. Some people share their issues openly, some don't so you can never know.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:26 pm
Zehava wrote:
All due respect, some people have nice houses and healthy kids. And some people live in dumps with unhealthy kids. I don’t know why none of us can wish for a nice house because you happen to live in one and happen to have unhealthy kids.

This.

Being rich doesn’t mean you have a perfect life, but being poor doesn’t mean you have an otherwise perfect life either. Smh.

Chloe22

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:51 pm
A big house. Being able to go away to a hotel for Pesach

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:54 pm
Genuine thanks for the genuine hugs.

But I am feeling very attacked. I also had dreams and as able to fulfil them. I am worried for you all, try to be grateful for what you have and I will do the same.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics