Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o What "luxury" do you wish you had?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:01 pm
Zehava wrote:
All due respect, some people have nice houses and healthy kids. And some people live in dumps with unhealthy kids. I don’t know why none of us can wish for a nice house because you happen to live in one and happen to have unhealthy kids.

I posted that I wish I had a bigger house with two sinks etc. Guess what, we have major shalom bayis issues, one child with a medical issue and a child who is going through major social/school issues. This thread is about the luxury you wish you had, it's not about me looking at you and wishing I had what you have. Some people have lots of good, some people have lots of troubles and some people have good and troubles.

Nobody goes through life with no troubles ever.

aricelli

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:11 pm
I was always taught that its ok to ask hashem for anything you want

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:31 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Genuine thanks for the genuine hugs.

But I am feeling very attacked. I also had dreams and as able to fulfil them. I am worried for you all, try to be grateful for what you have and I will do the same.

Please don’t feel attacked. We do understand your point, We are grateful for what we have. Wishful thinking often times gets us through the day.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:40 pm
I wish I had a guest suite or two.

I wish I had an apartment in Yerushalayim to spend summers in.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:07 am
A wife!!

Doesn't every women wish they had one???

essie14

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:26 am
Hate to be a downer but this thread is scaring me.

I have a house. 2 dishwashers. An ensuite bathroom.I don't work. Half a day cleaning help once a week. Look at me and be envious.

Until you know

All my kids have disability / mental health issues that were present from birth. I never know who will be going crazy which day. I never know who will refuse to go to school. Who will hurt someone else, or do some other unpredictable thing.

Be careful what you wish for.

This thread, which is meant to be a lighthearted chat about what people wish for, scares you because you have some of the things people wish for and you also have challenges?
My heart goes out to you for what you are going through, but no one is saying they are envious of your package deal. A nice house doesn't ALWAYS come at the expense of something else in life.
Hashem doesn't ask people "Oh, you want an ensuite bathroom? Ok, you're getting it, but your 5 yr old is going to have learning disabilities. Are you sure you still want it?" and dangle it in front of us.

I am wishing you much strength.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:33 am
I want a horse and a dog. They just don’t fit on our mirpeset. A turtle is there.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:48 am
An eiruv around the neighborhood.
More household help. Cleaning/laundry/food prep.
A landscaping company to maintain the grass and property plant new privacy trees.
(I'd love to do the flowers myslef)
A new sheitel or two
An extension with a new kitchen and master bath.
Sensory gym.
Costom closets
New furniture/decor in every room
Personal shopper
Redu all sheet-rock and add guests rooms to the basement
Nicer bigger Playground Playground indoor (for winter) and outdoor.
Pool

Basically In that order.

Last edited by Tzutzie on Mon, May 13 2019, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Tzutzie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:57 am
Hate to be a downer but this thread is scaring me.

I have a house. 2 dishwashers. An ensuite bathroom.I don't work. Half a day cleaning help once a week. Look at me and be envious.

Until you know

All my kids have disability / mental health issues that were present from birth. I never know who will be going crazy which day. I never know who will refuse to go to school. Who will hurt someone else, or do some other unpredictable thing.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling!
Must be so hard!
I wish for you strength to deal with your challenges and lots of health, happiness and healing for you and your family!

I still posted my "luxuries wishlist" becuase a girl can dream.....

My grandfather would say, "as long as you want you're living" a dead or depressed person doesn't want.

This doesn't mean I'm not happy where I am.
I bh have my own challanges but I do apreciate the abundance and beauty and all the things I do have.
It's not a contradiction.

You can ask Hashem for whatever you need. And whatever you want. His answer can be yes, and it can also be no. But we are always allowed to ask. And no, he doesn't get annoyed at our nagging.

So ask him for what you need, and what you want. And don't give up. Hopefully you'll get it soon!
I know I asked for specific things just because I thought it would be nice. And I got it. And I'm thankful for it every day.
Try it, it's pretty cool!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:25 am
Hey , I’ll join in and state my wish list!
Another BATHROOM so I don’t have to share with my ‘guests’.
An uninterrupted nights sleep. Where I can have my phone on silent & no intruders banging down my door. (Hashem knows exactly what that would entail to make it it happen, it’s a deep bakasha)
While we’re at I’ll throw in my wish for a decent size apt so kids don’t have to sleep on toddler beds/pack n play & to be able to host guests (see? It’s lshem shmayim)
A nice size kitchen, pesach kitchen, backyard with swing set would be nice as well.
Be able to Fulfill my urge to cook and bake which has been squashed for the past 2 yrs.
I’ll have a couch please and and the time to sit and relax- if that means I can give up my job- great!
So, to The One granting me my wish(es) I am humbled and grateful and filled with Love to you. Oh, Thank you Hashem!

mochamix18

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 2:13 am
A summer maternity wardrobe. I'll be in my ninth month in August and I'm downright terrified. Between the heat, humidity and active toddler, I need a serious collection of single layer tops but I think I'll only be able to afford 2-3 purchases.[/quote]
I hear you so much on this one.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:45 am
aricelli wrote:
Huge beautiful property with lots of grass, trees and flowers and privacy

Me too!

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Bh I have what I need plus some.
I wish for:
An inground swimming pool
An extension to my very nice sized house
A buikt in babysitter so I can go out with DH whenever I want without searching for someone to watch the kiddos.

That's one of the beauties of having some older kids. Very Happy
No, I don't take advantage in the least especially since they're rarely home.

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:49 am
essie14 wrote:
This thread, which is meant to be a lighthearted chat about what people wish for, scares you because you have some of the things people wish for and you also have challenges?
My heart goes out to you for what you are going through, but no one is saying they are envious of your package deal. A nice house doesn't ALWAYS come at the expense of something else in life.
Hashem doesn't ask people "Oh, you want an ensuite bathroom? Ok, you're getting it, but your 5 yr old is going to have learning disabilities. Are you sure you still want it?" and dangle it in front of us.

I am wishing you much strength.

Needs another Thumbs Up

aricelli

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:53 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Me too!

At least I now have someone to dream along with!

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:59 am
aricelli wrote:
At least I now have someone to dream along with!

We can be neighbors only if you believe that good fences make good neighbors! Smile

aricelli

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:12 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
We can be neighbors only if you believe that good fences make good neighbors! Smile

Totally! And if you believe that bells are there for a reason!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:13 pm
I don't ask for much.

Just enough money for me to pay my rent on time in a consistent manner.

A bonus would be a double drawer dishwasher.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:14 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Classes. All kinds.
For my kids: gymnastics, art, drama, music, whatever interests them personally...
For myself: fencing, archery, taekwondo, drama, singing, horseback riding, harp, online masterclass subscription...
College degrees in humanities just for fun, without worrying about getting a job. In cultural history, sociology, literature, creative writing, etc.

Ravenclaw, this is exactly the same as me!!!
Right down to the last detail!
Sounds like we have all the same interests wow! Hug

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:30 pm
aricelli wrote:
Totally! And if you believe that bells are there for a reason!

I wish they would knock first and then if no one comes to the door they should ring the bell. I get upset when they just ring the bell first thing, and keep their fingers on it as if we're deaf, and of course it's only at night when the kids were just falling asleep! end of rant, but I think we would work out as neighbors non-the less.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics