Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Kia Sedona

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 11:36 am
I currently have a sienna, but my lease is up in December. My husband just got a Kia telluride, and I’m thinking about getting a Sedona.
Does anyone have one? How does the trunk space compare to the trunk space in the sienna? Is it a smooth drive?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:03 pm
I have a Kia Sedona. It drives well and I think the trunk space is adequate, but I would not buy it again for this reason - a. It only has seven seats while the Sienna can have eight seats. b. The three back seats are small and uncomfortable. My kids are constantly complaining. So you basically have only four seat that are comfortable, for that you can buy a car for cheaper, I think. I regret buying it.

mammale

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:04 pm
Smooth drive - yes. I like it. I can't compare the trunk space to sienna as I've never driven one.
Good luck

mammale

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:09 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I have a Kia Sedona. It drives well and I think the trunk space is adequate, but I would not buy it again for this reason - a. It only has seven seats while the Sienna can have eight seats. b. The three back seats are small and uncomfortable. My kids are constantly complaining. So you basically have only four seat that are comfortable, for that you can buy a car for cheaper, I think. I regret buying it.

I think there are different models, Because mine is an 8 seater. I honestly don't notice a difference between the back row of my van compared to others. The 8th seat is small & fits between the seats in the middle row. Yes, With all the seats in + car seats it's squishy, but I'd imagine any van would be similar.

esther11

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:17 pm
It drives well. Never had a different mini van so I can’t compare trunk size.
Ours also has 8 seats (2018). We are able to fit three car seats in the middle row but it is right. We have an infant, toddler, and booster seat all there.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 12:20 pm
mammale wrote:
I think there are different models, Because mine is an 8 seater. I honestly don't notice a difference between the back row of my van compared to others. The 8th seat is small & fits between the seats in the middle row. Yes, With all the seats in + car seats it's squishy, but I'd imagine any van would be similar.

Ok so I just checked online. I have an older model which was only available with 7 seats. The newer models do have 8 seat options.

I'm really happy with this car otherwise, it drives smoothly and is really a great car.

ETA: I just checked the old thread on the Kia and someone did mention that it's more cramped than the Sienna. Like I said, I have an older model and it's definitely more cramped, but maybe the newer models are different. Definitely check it out yourself.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:47 pm
We test drove Odyssey, Sienna, and Sedona. We really wanted to like the Sedona for how much more you get for your $, but comparing the drive and the cramped quarters to the other 2, DH and I both immediately nixed the Sedona and felt it wasn't worth the savings for what we felt was an inferior product.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics