Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
An activity you really enjoyed on a retreat

lili123

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:08 pm
Hi,

For a retreat I am running by kivrei tzadikim in Ukraine over Lag baomer, I am looking for some fresh ideas for experiential activities.

I'd love to hear some suggestions of activities or workshops you saw or took part in on a retreat.

Thanks

yksraya

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:12 pm
Kumzitz, concert, comedy, inspirational speakers, aerobics, beading, painting,

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:30 pm
Kumsitz, interactive concert, snow tubing, skating.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:46 pm
Maybe something to do with the area , show how to make something that is used there.
Have one of locals speak about their experience living there, or keeping yiddishkeit there

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:52 pm
lili123 wrote:
Hi,

For a retreat I am running by kivrei tzadikim in Ukraine over Lag baomer, I am looking for some fresh ideas for experiential activities.

I'd love to hear some suggestions of activities or workshops you saw or took part in on a retreat.

Thanks

One of my favorite activity I have done on a retreat is a group art project done completely in silence so you have to communicate non-verbally. You put a bunch of art supplies out, separate people into groups and see what they can come up with without talking to each other the entire time. So much fun and fascinating what different groups were able to accomplish even if they didnt communicate verbally.

Another thing I enjoyed was kumzist with dancing and singing around the fire. Some people had instruments which they played as well.

Yoga and meditation was great but not sure if it would work with the type of retreat you are running. Relay race and scavenger hunt might work. Would have to know more about the retreat to know for sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics