Home

One way to fight back
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


sub




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 12 2019, 10:37 pm
ILHAN OMAR MUST GO
BILLBOARD LAUNCH IN TIMES SQUARE
Spread the word to everyone you know, far and wide.
www.IlhanMustGo.org

Where:
Times Square -- 711 Seventh Ave. @ 48th Street.

When:
Monday, May 20th, 2019.
Please show up starting 5pm.
We’ll have a press conference followed by the Billboard’s unveiling at 6pm.

What:
The Coalition has purchased time on a massive Times Square billboard to get our message out to the nation and mobilize Americans in the effort to force Congressional leaders to kick this reprehensible “public servant” off the powerful Foreign Affairs Committee.
Back to top

eema1




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 12 2019, 10:41 pm
is this for real- if so - I Love IT!!
Calling my senator has done nothing...
Back to top

sub




 
 
 


Post  Sun, May 12 2019, 10:49 pm
I received an email from the jewish voice. I believe it’s for real
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 8:13 am
I don't disagree with the end goal, but she represents the state of Minnesota. The voters there, not NY, need to decide this.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 8:46 am
DrMom wrote:
I don't disagree with the end goal, but she represents the state of Minnesota. The voters there, not NY, need to decide this.


I agree with you. And we just have to daven.
There was a letter in this week's Hamodia about her sister in arms from Michigan who is as odious, the letter saying, vote her out. That's great but she's not in a frum district. As I said, we can daven that her constituents find her beyond the pale. And that she doesn't bring home so much bacon (or facon, for the observant Muslims) that everyone will love her and reelect her. Because that's what happens in state politics, and explains why some states are so entrenched in one party. They're the ones who make the constituents happy.
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 8:58 am
This has a big chance of backfiring.

In the end she won't be removed anyhow but then she and her sympathizers will become even more hostile.

She will be portrayed as the underdog and a martyr and will double down on her rhetoric about how you can't say... without "them" attacking you... but no one will stop me from saying....
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 10:00 am
Why isn't Tlaib included in this...?
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 1:11 pm
leah233 wrote:
This has a big chance of backfiring.

In the end she won't be removed anyhow but then she and her sympathizers will become even more hostile.

She will be portrayed as the underdog and a martyr and will double down on her rhetoric about how you can't say... without "them" attacking you... but no one will stop me from saying....

Neither Omar nor Tlaib are truly the targets of this protest. After all, as you point out, having a rally in NY is unlikely to sway Omar's constituents in Minnesota nor Tlaib's base in Michigan.

The real target is the Democratic Party leadership. The hope is that public pressure will make defending Omar and Tlaib too controversial and costly for Democratic officials at the national and state levels. It is also a way of demonstrating to Democratic Party leadership that a significant historical constituency group is deeply disturbed by not only the remarks made by Omar (and presumably Tlaib) but by their apparent tolerance for such views.

Will any of this be effective? Last week's rally in Philadelphia protesting Brian Sims seems to have had an effect; though he hasn't resigned, Sims is maintaining a very low public profile at the behest of PA Democratic leaders and there have been a number of condemnations issued. So it seems possible that making enough noise might cause Democrats such as Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer to flex their muscles.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 1:35 pm
Fox wrote:
Neither Omar nor Tlaib are truly the targets of this protest. After all, as you point out, having a rally in NY is unlikely to sway Omar's constituents in Minnesota nor Tlaib's base in Michigan.

The real target is the Democratic Party leadership. The hope is that public pressure will make defending Omar and Tlaib too controversial and costly for Democratic officials at the national and state levels. It is also a way of demonstrating to Democratic Party leadership that a significant historical constituency group is deeply disturbed by not only the remarks made by Omar (and presumably Tlaib) but by their apparent tolerance for such views.

Will any of this be effective? Last week's rally in Philadelphia protesting Brian Sims seems to have had an effect; though he hasn't resigned, Sims is maintaining a very low public profile at the behest of PA Democratic leaders and there have been a number of condemnations issued. So it seems possible that making enough noise might cause Democrats such as Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer to flex their muscles.


Pelosi and Schumer got clipped a long time ago. They don't have enough testosterone to flex.

The best way Jews can get heard is to stop giving money and support to Democrats until they stop their support of antisemites who are driving the bus right now.

The Jews with any media and entertainment influence must stop using their energies against The President and go after antisemites. They are the danger to us.

How can any Jew support these monsters?
Back to top

PurpleandGold




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 1:35 pm
Simply amazing that we feel the need to protest this way in the US. Simply amazing that such an arrogant, extreme, openly anti-Semitic, hijab wearing Muslim could be elected to Congress in less than two decades after 9-11. The yad Hashem here is so blatantly obvious, two years ago noone would think this scenario possible. Omar is a puppet, and her rise is amazing to watch. Simply amazing.

Last edited by PurpleandGold on Mon, May 13 2019, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 1:37 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:
Simply amazing that we feel the need to protest this way in the US. Simply amazing that such an arrogant, extreme, openly anti-Semitic, hijab wearing Muslim could be elected to Congress in less than two decades after 9-11. Simply amazing.


That's because liberals are so open minded their brains leaked out. They want to support everyone even those that seek to destroy us.
Back to top

samantha87




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 1:48 pm
Fox wrote:
Neither Omar nor Tlaib are truly the targets of this protest. After all, as you point out, having a rally in NY is unlikely to sway Omar's constituents in Minnesota nor Tlaib's base in Michigan.

The real target is the Democratic Party leadership. The hope is that public pressure will make defending Omar and Tlaib too controversial and costly for Democratic officials at the national and state levels. It is also a way of demonstrating to Democratic Party leadership that a significant historical constituency group is deeply disturbed by not only the remarks made by Omar (and presumably Tlaib) but by their apparent tolerance for such views.

Will any of this be effective? Last week's rally in Philadelphia protesting Brian Sims seems to have had an effect; though he hasn't resigned, Sims is maintaining a very low public profile at the behest of PA Democratic leaders and there have been a number of condemnations issued. So it seems possible that making enough noise might cause Democrats such as Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer to flex their muscles.


And, according to the linked website the goal is to get Omar off the House Foreign Affairs Committee. That committee is led by Elliot Engel, who is from Riverdale. It is really shocking that Engel, Jewish and very pro-Israel, hasn't booted her off the committee already.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 2:36 pm
samantha87 wrote:
And, according to the linked website the goal is to get Omar off the House Foreign Affairs Committee. That committee is led by Elliot Engel, who is from Riverdale. It is really shocking that Engel, Jewish and very pro-Israel, hasn't booted her off the committee already.

Ah, that makes some sense at least.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 2:58 pm
Elliot Engel was an outspoken opponent of Trump's proclamation restricting certain nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and North Korea from obtaining visas to travel to the U.S. Certain Venezuelan government officials and their families were also barred.

The moran would rather show he is a friend to Jew hating Muslims than kick Omar back off his powerful committee.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 3:01 pm
sub wrote:
ILHAN OMAR MUST GO
BILLBOARD LAUNCH IN TIMES SQUARE
Spread the word to everyone you know, far and wide.
www.IlhanMustGo.org

Where:
Times Square -- 711 Seventh Ave. @ 48th Street.

When:
Monday, May 20th, 2019.
Please show up starting 5pm.
We’ll have a press conference followed by the Billboard’s unveiling at 6pm.

What:
The Coalition has purchased time on a massive Times Square billboard to get our message out to the nation and mobilize Americans in the effort to force Congressional leaders to kick this reprehensible “public servant” off the powerful Foreign Affairs Committee.


The entire democrat party should be called out for tolerating her, Tlaib who talks now about the ‘calming effect’ of the holocaust, and the Democrat leaders who are staying quiet about the anti semites in their party! No Jew should be supporting what this party has become!
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 3:11 pm
Cheiny wrote:
The entire democrat party should be called out for tolerating her, Tlaib who talks now about the ‘calming effect’ of the holocaust, and the Democrat leaders who are staying quiet about the anti semites in their party! No Jew should be supporting what this party has become!



“There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. . . . I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time,” Tlaib said.

She added that the events of the past have informed her views on how to approach a solution to the conflict.

“I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that [safe haven], in many ways,” Tlaib said. “But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right? And it was forced on them. And so, when I think about one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn’t we do it in a better way?”

—WaPo
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 3:12 pm
Fox wrote:
Neither Omar nor Tlaib are truly the targets of this protest. After all, as you point out, having a rally in NY is unlikely to sway Omar's constituents in Minnesota nor Tlaib's base in Michigan.

The real target is the Democratic Party leadership. The hope is that public pressure will make defending Omar and Tlaib too controversial and costly for Democratic officials at the national and state levels. It is also a way of demonstrating to Democratic Party leadership that a significant historical constituency group is deeply disturbed by not only the remarks made by Omar (and presumably Tlaib) but by their apparent tolerance for such views.

Will any of this be effective? Last week's rally in Philadelphia protesting Brian Sims seems to have had an effect; though he hasn't resigned, Sims is maintaining a very low public profile at the behest of PA Democratic leaders and there have been a number of condemnations issued. So it seems possible that making enough noise might cause Democrats such as Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer to flex their muscles.


Why didn't they include Tlaib?
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 4:14 pm
itsmeima wrote:
“There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. . . . I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time,” Tlaib said.

She added that the events of the past have informed her views on how to approach a solution to the conflict.

“I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that [safe haven], in many ways,” Tlaib said. “But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right? And it was forced on them. And so, when I think about one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn’t we do it in a better way?”

—WaPo


And here's Speaker Pelosi's response -- tweeted about 30 minutes ago:

Quote:
Republicans’ desperate attempts to smear @RepRashida & misrepresent her comments are outrageous. President @realDonaldTrump & House GOP should apologize to Rep. Tlaib & the American people for their gross misrepresentations.


Squishy is correct. Pelosi has completely capitulated to the hard left.
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 4:18 pm
Rashida Tlaib's comments made my blood boil. They are well worse than Omar's, in my opinion.
Imagine this:
I kind of feel comforted when I think of black Slavery because our great country went through a rebirth and made America a safe place for all people.

No. Just no.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, May 13 2019, 4:21 pm
Here's Rep. Omar, addressing Rep. Liz Cheney, who had called out Rep. Tlaib for her revisionist history:

Quote:
Give it up, we all know you never met a Muslim you didn’t want to vilify! Your deep seeded hate and Islamophobia might be a tool to rally your base, but won’t get rid your colleagues. You just have to deal 💁🏽‍♀️
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Kikiriki only $13.99!! + 20% Off Avanti – One Week Only!
by Yael
0 Yesterday at 9:30 pm View last post
by Yael
Dd not handling Back to School nights
by amother
9 Thu, Sep 12 2019, 11:11 pm View last post
Recommend chef for hire by the hour one time 6 Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:59 am View last post
What to give one year old in bottle
by amother
44 Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:40 am View last post
Back to school!
by amother
14 Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:19 am View last post

Jump to: