Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
S/O Invitations that are not invitations

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:37 am
WhatFor on page 4 (in the Invitations that are not invitations thread) has an excellent idea IMO.
Just think of the scenario when people would reply if they are attending or not. Could save the Baalei simcha a lot of headache and money.
Personally I always call up the baalei simcha to confirm we got the invitation and that we are planning to attend or not, can only come for the chuppa etc.

At the same time I always ask at what time is the REAL time of the chuppah and even ask if the mesader kidushin is coming from far away (local or OOT because of the traffic jams). I too learned the hard way when I once attended a wedding and waited 1.5 hrs and chuppah hadn't even started. Got tired of waiting, left the wedding and learned my lesson.
We are Charedi Litvish in EY.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
WhatFor on page 4 (in the Invitations that are not invitations thread) has an excellent idea IMO.
Just think of the scenario when people would reply if they are attending or not. Could save the Baalei simcha a lot of headache and money.
Personally I always call up the baalei simcha to confirm we got the invitation and that we are planning to attend or not, can only come for the chuppa etc.

At the same time I always ask at what time is the REAL time of the chuppah and even ask if the mesader kidushin is coming from far away (local or OOT because of the traffic jams). I too learned the hard way when I once attended a wedding and waited 1.5 hrs and chuppah hadn't even started. Got tired of waiting, left the wedding and learned my lesson.
We are Charedi Litvish in EY.

By my wedding invitation reply card (RSVp)
There were check boxed for ppl to check off. I forgot the exact working but choices were
O Sorry we cannot attend
O will inky be joining for simchas chosson vkallah or chuppah
O will be attending meal

This way ppl that were only planning on attending chuppah wudnt feel stupid to write that they were staying for the meal (and my parents saved $$ by not having to pay for meal for that person)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics