Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Ouch... It was so embarrassing!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:40 am
Last night I sent a text message to my DH to let him know all his traits I appreciate about him and Thanked him for certain things he did for me that day. I also included that I'm so excited and can barely wait for Wednesday evening, to be together physically and Express my emotions intimately.
Only to realize afterwards that I had sent it to my friend instead!!!! I feel so stupid and embarrassed.
What was your embarrassing moment???

top mom

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:42 am
I am paranoid about this 🙄
I always triple check any texts before sending to DH

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Last night I sent a text message to my DH to let him know all his traits I appreciate about him and Thanked him for certain things he did for me that day. I also included that I'm so excited and can barely wait for Wednesday evening, to be together physically and Express my emotions intimately.
Only to realize afterwards that I had sent it to my friend instead!!!! I feel so stupid and embarrassed.

Now, that's why I never text such thoughts. If I feel the need to do so, I would print it out and place it in his drawer or on his pillow.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:55 am
Maybe you inspired her shalom bayis!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:58 am
My friends reply was that she already had such a glitch herself, it's a very horrible feeling but no worries, she won't discuss it with anyone and that she deleted it already. She did mention that it was an inspiration for her on how to Express appreciation to her spouse. She said that she too spent quality time with her DH and forgot to Thank him for it... so I guess it's not so terrible after all.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My friends reply was that she already had such a glitch herself, it's a very horrible feeling but no worries, she won't discuss it with anyone and that she deleted it already. She did mention that it was an inspiration for her on how to Express appreciation to her spouse. She said that she too spent quality time with her DH and forgot to Thank him for it... so I guess it's not so terrible after all.

Wow, what an amazing friend!

That is the perfect response.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:25 pm
Not as personal, but I once had an attorney friend email me some EXTREMELY sensitive documents about someone I knew in the community. As soon as I read the first few lines I deleted it, cleared it from Trash, and emailed my friend to tell him that I got rid of the document.

I absolutely swore myself to secrecy. This was the kind of thing that could have gotten him disbarred for life. Surprised

We never spoke of it again.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:27 pm
I'd love to share that friend with you.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Not as personal, but I once had an attorney friend email me some EXTREMELY sensitive documents about someone I knew in the community. As soon as I read the first few lines I deleted it, cleared it from Trash, and emailed my friend to tell him that I got rid of the document.

I absolutely swore myself to secrecy. This was the kind of thing that could have gotten him disbarred for life. Surprised

LOL both my lawyer AND therapist have done this exact thing!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:28 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
LOL both my lawyer AND therapist have done this exact thing!

This is why my therapist refuses to communicate by text or email.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
This is why my therapist refuses to communicate by text or email.

Makes sense! Both my lawyer and therapist are extremely responsible and professional, and the fact that this has happened to both with me really shows how easy it is for something like this to happen

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

How could an honest mistake get him disbarred for life? Sounds more like a he would be cautioned especially if this was the first time.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
How could an honest mistake get him disbarred for life? Sounds more like a he would be cautioned especially if this was the first time.

If I disliked this client, and decided to leak this information to someone who could use it against him, there would be a huge problem. Ever hear of Wikileaks?

Attorneys are not allowed to make "honest mistakes" about things like that. They are paid to make sure that every single detail is perfect, and that includes paying attention to who you're sending sensitive documents to.

gamanit

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If I disliked this client, and decided to leak this information to someone who could use it against him, there would be a huge problem. Ever hear of Wikileaks?

Attorneys are not allowed to make "honest mistakes" about things like that. They are paid to make sure that every single detail is perfect, and that includes paying attention to who you're sending sensitive documents to.

Attorney's and therapists have such notices in each email just in case they do make a mistake:

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information that is privileged or that constitutes attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:46 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Actually, attorneys make mistakes like this all the time. Confidentiality agreements always deal with the possibility of inadvertent disclosure.

I once found an entire redwell of documents dealing with a case that I was working on at an ATM. I had them messengered to counsel with a note indicating that I hadn't read them beyond the point of realizing what they were.

So unless there was something really shocking in there -- Trump's tax returns, perhaps -- it would be worth at worst a slap on the wrist.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In a similar vain a coworker of mine had just gotten married a few months before. He used my printer and one day he left a letter his wife wrote him in the printer . She wrote how happy she was to wake up next to him and to make love etc .and that she couldn't wait for him to get home. I felt horrible that I saw it (it was written in a big bold font) but I immediately shredded it and moved on. I did find it very sweet and touching and I was happy for them.

That same year I texted my DH asking if my mother could come for Shabbos and an explanation of why I was asking. I sent it to my boss accidentally instead. I was embarrassed but he brushed it off said it was fine and I forgot about it. I'm careful not to send intimate texts because of this scenario happening.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

You are wrong. You didn't have the kind of power over the attorney's career you think you did.

It takes a lot more than a wrongly addressed communication to be disbarred for life. In some states a felony conviction won't even disbar you for life.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:04 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
That same year I texted my DH asking if my mother could come for Shabbos and an explanation of why I was asking. I sent it to my boss accidentally instead. I was embarrassed but he brushed it off said it was fine and I forgot about it. I'm careful not to send intimate texts because of this scenario happening.

Once I was working an evening event, I was stuck doing tickets and I couldn't leave the front to get food and I was STARVING. I thought I was texting my husband and wrote "THIS SUCKS I AM STARVING I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE" and I got a text back from my boss saying "If you're that hungry, come eat" embarrassed

Rappel

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:08 pm
Hmmmm, super embarrassing...we went to friends Friday night, and while the men were in beit Knesset, I stepped into the bathroom to fix my mitpachat.

Just then, the father and daughter came home, and I quietly swung the door closed so I could finish wrapping in peace.

From the outside, the Baal habayis just saw a door close mostly by itself, without any wind to move it - he didn't know I had come over yet. Confused, he walked up and pushed the door open to see what was wrong with the it! :O

He RAN!

Luckily I had my mitpachat draped over my head at the time, so I was mostly covered! We laughed about it once I finished wrapping up.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:11 pm
It doesn't only happen with electronic communication. One time my dd's elementary school teacher gave me the wrong envelope. Instead of a check inside (I was collecting for something), it had a list of what appeared to be her shalom bayis problems. I've never been so embarrassed for another person 😔
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics