Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Ouch... It was so embarrassing!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:13 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
It doesn't only happen with electronic communication. One time my dd's elementary school teacher gave me the wrong envelope. Instead of a check inside (I was collecting for something), it had a list of what appeared to be her shalom bayis problems. I've never been so embarrassed for another person 😔

What did you do with it???

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:16 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
What did you do with it???

I couldn't think of what to do, and then figured she would realize at some point. Sure enough she came running to me a few minutes later to say she gave me the wrong envelope by mistake. I said "oh, I didn't even open it yet. Glad you caught me before I left."

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:18 pm
I couldn't think of what to do, and then figured she would realize at some point. Sure enough she came running to me a few minutes later to say she gave me the wrong envelope by mistake. I said "oh, I didn't even open it yet. Glad you caught me before I left."

Phew good job! A happy ending! What an awful experience!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:25 pm
How long do Jewish sperm live inside woman?

I sent that to my nephew by mistake.

Moonlight

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:29 pm
I had friends for lunch. My husband has be habit of not locking bathroom door properly. Like u have to pull it tight. My friend walked in on him. I'm still so embarrassed from just witnessing

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:33 pm
Before I was religious, the day after a particularly steamy encounter with a guy from uni, I sent him a text message with all kinds of thoughts I had since we were together and what I particularly enjoyed that he did to me...

...aaaaaaand got a call back from my dear old mother "was that meant for me, pet???"
TMI

jewishmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:42 pm
when I was sending out invitations to my wedding, I wrote personal notes for some friends. Afew days after they were mailed, a man workmate of mines gives me an invite that he got, and had a personal note written inside addressed to my friend. phew. still blush when I think of it

Beingreal

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 2:26 pm
One day I was really sick so I went to urgent care, since it was on a Sunday. I went to the bathroom to pee urine in a cup. I walked in to the dr peeing...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 2:33 pm
Not me, a friend. She went to a deposition at someone's home, and walked into the person's wake instead. The opponent forgot to notify her of the death.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 2:36 pm
A few weeks ago I was on Imamother and my DH sent me a text asking how much chicken he needs to get. I responded that I needed x amount of cutlets and x amount of legs etc because I already had some at home etc. I didn't realize that I replied to a post on a very emotional thread instead of replying to my DHs text....

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 3:18 pm
I once texted the director of my office instead of my husband by mistake. I was texting my husband that I was going shoe shopping with our son after work because our kid had already outgrown his shoes again, so we would be delayed coming home. My boss laughed. his kids are all grown and he said it gave him a smile to remember how his kids were little like that.

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 3:31 pm
a old boy friend of mine on valentines day called me Wink and thought he was speaking to me as a joke'
he said happy VD day to my mother !!!! Wink Wink Wink Wink

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 3:35 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
A few weeks ago I was on Imamother and my DH sent me a text asking how much chicken he needs to get. I responded that I needed x amount of cutlets and x amount of legs etc because I already had some at home etc. I didn't realize that I replied to a post on a very emotional thread instead of replying to my DHs text....

How does this happen? Doesn't the screen look very different when you're in a text app or if you're on imamother?

I can't think of anything super embarrassing that I sent. I usually double and triple check the name before I hit send. And thank God today we have the option on WhatsApp to pull back a message!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:21 pm
Firstly, op your friend sounds awesome.

I sent my three year old boy son's morah a very detailed message to please have my son sit next to blank and not blank on the bus...
A few minutes later, I notice her WhatsApp status is my message. Can't Believe It

If I could see it the other mothers could too..
I called her and she fixed the error.

I have DHs name with an emoji it helps me not mistake his number.. hopefully.

mommyX2

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:24 pm

unless she reads this thread!!! and now knows you saw it!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:30 pm
asmileaday wrote:
How does this happen? Doesn't the screen look very different when you're in a text app or if you're on imamother?

I can't think of anything super embarrassing that I sent. I usually double and triple check the name before I hit send. And thank God today we have the option on WhatsApp to pull back a message!

It happens more frequently, because many of the new notifications and messages received are popups. They just popup over the screen we currently are on. But unless you press something on that popup itself, any input in the device is defaulted back to the screen you were last active on.

So if you just read the message, and type your response without pressing anywhere on that popup, there's a big risk the message will end up in the wrong app / or location.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It happens more frequently, because many of the new notifications and messages received are popups. They just popup over the screen we currently are on. But unless you press something on that popup itself, any input in the device is defaulted back to the screen you were last active on.

So if you just read the message, and type your response without pressing anywhere on that popup, there's a big risk the message will end up in the wrong app / or location.

Yup. That's exactly what happened.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:21 pm
I got a gift from a friend. Turns out it was something her sister had used, and had the name written on it and a couple of her (unimportant) items inside. I was deathly embarrassed for her, but just thanked her cordially and threw it out...

Learned never to repurpose gifts without checking them through thoroughly first...

esuss

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:35 pm
I brought mishloach manos to a friend years ago. She asked her young sons to give me one of hers. I opened it when I got to the car and it was an empty package!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:52 pm
My little ones know just how to get me annoyed and aggravated, when they get upset with me, they try to pull off my headgear. My 2 year old tried pulling off my snood outdoors next to neighbors last week, while I held him.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics