Home

If you or your child had Measles

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 2:52 pm
Would you please describe the progression of the illness. Another amother posted that her kid was sick then totally better then got the rash. I had never heard of this. Please let everyone here know so that if their children, students or neighbors are exposed or have symptoms they know what to look for and how to treat it.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:13 pm
Bump. I know a few people here mentioned their kids had measles.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:19 pm
You can Google for symptoms and progression or do you think the doctors are lying?
Maybe some anonymous amother posting with a peach propaganda agenda is more valid to you than the observations of 100s of doctors.
Back to top

Sebastian




 
 
 


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:25 pm
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/ab.....ptoms.html
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:29 pm
ectomorph wrote:
You can Google for symptoms and progression or do you think the doctors are lying?
Maybe some anonymous amother posting with a peach propaganda agenda is more valid to you than the observations of 100s of doctors.


Someone here posted that there kid was sick then got better then sick again.It doesn't say that online and if that is the case we need to let schools knows. Why isn't this reported?
Back to top

amother




Tangerine


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:31 pm
If a kid gets sick, then gets a rash and gets better, that's roseolla.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:36 pm
Roseola. 3 days high fever, then rash all over better. Very different from measles which is Rubeola.

Roseola isn't as contagious as the measles and doesn't cause encephalitis leading to brain damage or pneumonia. It also doesn't erase the entire immune system.
Back to top

amother




Green


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
If a kid gets sick, then gets a rash and gets better, that's roseolla.

Roseola is only in younger children. The fever and the rash come together.

My kids had measles. They had a slight fever for a day and a half. They were perfectly fine for two days then came cough and rash. They tested positive for measles.
Same to many people I spoke to. I'm in the measles community. You can take it or leave it.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Roseola is only in younger children. The fever and the rash come together.

My kids had measles. They had a slight fever for a day and a half. They were perfectly fine for two days then came cough and rash. They tested positive for measles.
Same to many people I spoke to. I'm in the measles community. You can take it or leave it.

Lol, I guess measles sounds better than "pro disease"
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:39 pm
for a day I felt weak all over like an achy strep. then low grade fever with sore throat for 3 days, then rash started coming out very light , came out first on face. once rash was all over my face and spreading down my body fever went higher . for 36 hours my fever was high and I had zero strength to do anything, my eyes hurt to read or see any light, my ears hurt to hear any sound. I had scary coughing attacks and my throat was very sore. then fever started going down. took a full day till temp was back normal but I still had rash on face and a slight cough for a few days and was weak and had trouble with eyes and ears for at least a week after. im told that I had a typical case of measles.

I heard of ppl who had more of an on and off case where they were sick , got better, then got worse and the ewhole process took longer for them.

bh I am totally fine since then, didnt get sick again since or feel weaker . back to regular schedule
Back to top

amother




Tangerine


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:52 pm
Roseola rash comes after fever. My big kids had it.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 4:59 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
for a day I felt weak all over like an achy strep. then low grade fever with sore throat for 3 days, then rash started coming out very light , came out first on face. once rash was all over my face and spreading down my body fever went higher . for 36 hours my fever was high and I had zero strength to do anything, my eyes hurt to read or see any light, my ears hurt to hear any sound. I had scary coughing attacks and my throat was very sore. then fever started going down. took a full day till temp was back normal but I still had rash on face and a slight cough for a few days and was weak and had trouble with eyes and ears for at least a week after. im told that I had a typical case of measles.

I heard of ppl who had more of an on and off case where they were sick , got better, then got worse and the ewhole process took longer for them.

bh I am totally fine since then, didnt get sick again since or feel weaker . back to regular schedule


That sounds horrible. How old were you when this happened? BH you are ok.
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That sounds horrible. How old were you when this happened? BH you are ok.

it was but I hear kids have it easier . I wouldnt know I gave them the mmr
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 5:02 pm
If your kids had the measles and you're an antivaxxer, of course you'll make it sound like nothing because you're trying to spread your propaganda.

Of course, in 10-20 years we'll be responding to threads like " my mom hurt my social development and destroyed my ability to leave my abusive home by not vaccinating so we had to stay home for months on end".
Back to top

amother




Green


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 11:19 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
for a day I felt weak all over like an achy strep. then low grade fever with sore throat for 3 days, then rash started coming out very light , came out first on face. once rash was all over my face and spreading down my body fever went higher . for 36 hours my fever was high and I had zero strength to do anything, my eyes hurt to read or see any light, my ears hurt to hear any sound. I had scary coughing attacks and my throat was very sore. then fever started going down. took a full day till temp was back normal but I still had rash on face and a slight cough for a few days and was weak and had trouble with eyes and ears for at least a week after. im told that I had a typical case of measles.

I heard of ppl who had more of an on and off case where they were sick , got better, then got worse and the ewhole process took longer for them.

bh I am totally fine since then, didnt get sick again since or feel weaker . back to regular schedule

are you not vaccinated?
Back to top

amother




Green


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 11:20 pm
ectomorph wrote:
If your kids had the measles and you're an antivaxxer, of course you'll make it sound like nothing because you're trying to spread your propaganda.

Of course, in 10-20 years we'll be responding to threads like " my mom hurt my social development and destroyed my ability to leave my abusive home by not vaccinating so we had to stay home for months on end".

measles can be hard. really hard.
so can a vaccine damage
we chose measles
BH we had a breeze of a case. not the regular
Back to top

amother




Green


Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 11:22 pm
the question was about measles taking a break. and I answered to that
another poster quoted the same. but unlike what she said that with a break it takes longer, my kids were feeling fine on the last day of contagiousness, day seven
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:26 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
the question was about measles taking a break. and I answered to that
another poster quoted the same. but unlike what she said that with a break it takes longer, my kids were feeling fine on the last day of contagiousness, day seven

I see that it's different for e/o. so many ppl didnt have the typical progression like me. especially if you do high doses of vit a it somehow strengthens the body and it takes longer for hte measles to take root in the person , messes up the regular path measles takes
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Orthodontist-Boro Park-Child Health plus
by amother
5 Wed, Aug 21 2019, 9:21 pm View last post
Is the measles outbreak still active?
by amother
21 Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:08 pm View last post
Child giving up too quickly
by amother
0 Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:50 am View last post
Child is gambling
by amother
5 Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:07 am View last post
Measles
by amother
14 Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:22 am View last post

Jump to: