Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Is it Hashkafically wrong to post a youtube video?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:56 pm
I was thinking of making a video and posting on youtube to make $7 for every 2,000 views. I have a wide network of friends and relatives and I can probably get them to watch. My only question is that since so much garbage is on youtube, do we really want them to be on it altogether?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:59 pm
I see nothing wrong with it , they will be on you tube anyway
7 dollars seems to little of amount of money.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:00 pm
Are you really going to harass 2k people for every video you post, to make $7? If you actually have great content you'll get to that number organically, especially if you promote yourself. I do think there are hashkafic concerns regarding any media content someone chooses to put out there, regardless of the platform. If you choose to do it, I would find a mentor to answer questions and keep you grounded in this regard.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:27 pm
YouTube doesn’t work like that. In order to make money you need to have at least I believe 1,000 subscribers and some other requirements. Most You Tubers make their money by brand deals. It’s a slow process to work your way up to make money off of You Tube.
About your question, I think it depends on your comfort level, if you’re okay with it, then go ahead!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:08 pm
I'm almost sure that they only start paying you for views after you have a million views.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions