Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Living month to month

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:35 pm
we are literally living from paycheck to paycheck and it stresses me out. any extra expense will send us into debt. my husband and I are not on the same page with finances. when I get worried how we will pay our rent and bills he tells me not to worry it will work out trust in hashem. I do worry because some months we make the rent by the skin of our teeth. not to mention all the other expenses that are piling up. is anyone else in this situation. need some chizuk. so worried.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:42 pm
Same here. I hate that I have to do my weekly shopping every Thursday night or Friday, because he gets paid Thursday.
Sometimes I just wish I could cook for Shabbos on Thursday. It’s very frustrating.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:43 pm
I've lived day to day let alone month to month. There were months we were late on rent, couldn't pay tuition, couldn't afford food, were in debt , had many bills but we always came through at the end. We never were homeless or hungry. My kids did get kicked out of school at one point. But we pulled through. I've seen it time and time again.
We are currently barely making it and my DH can't sleep at night but I'm relaxed. HaShem had helped us before and he will help us again. Being worried will just make me sick and it's not in our hands anyway. Wishing you Hatzlacha. It's a struggle. I know. I live it every day. Some days it's worse and other days there's a relief.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:46 pm
can you get a line of credit at a reasonable rate so you can go into debt if you need to - at less than credit card rates?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:54 pm
I rather not take out a line of credit. I rather live month to month barely making it and have my bank accounts depleted that have to worry about owing money. thanks for all the chizuk it's good to know that there are people out there that understand what I'm going through.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:14 pm
I know this feeling way too well. It's painful.
We too are living this way but not even making it week to week paycheck. Our kids need therapy, which is costing us through the roof. Though we got no choice and gotta do the impossible and go into debt...

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:38 pm
I'm so sorry. Maybe try writing down every expenditure for a month. See what you spend money on and cut anything unnecessary. Before going shopping, make a list. Plain meals and only buy things that you need. That will hopefully curb any impulse buys or things that you don't need. Check coupons and use them. To the extent that you have anything leftover after the end of the month, put it into an emergency fund that you can use for expenses that popup. Hatzlocha and daven. Parnusha is hard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics