Home

White supremacy is terrorism
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

allthingsblue

Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 10:56 pm
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/0.....index.html

I agree with this article. White supremacy is and should be treated as terrorism. I wish there would be more of a push on this issue, instead of Republicans ignoring it and Democrats focusing only on gun control.

Ravenclaw

Post  Tue, May 14 2019, 11:37 pm
Totally! I read awhile ago that there is much more terrorism committed in America by white supremists than by muslims and yet people still only think of Arabs as terrorists.
Think about all the shootings lately... how many of them were committed by Arabs and how many by white males? (Not talking about eretz yisroel)

WhatFor

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:01 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Totally! I read awhile ago that there is much more terrorism committed in America by white supremists than by muslims and yet people still only think of Arabs as terrorists.
Think about all the shootings lately... how many of them were committed by Arabs and how many by white males? (Not talking about eretz yisroel)

I think it's because of the demographics on here. In Israel, majority of terror is Islamist Extremism. In Europe, it's Islamist Extremism and White Supremacism. In the US, majority of terror attacks are White Supremacism.

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 7:41 am
So it seems there is consensus across the board. If so, why is Congress not doing anything about it? why not inform the worried public about the measures that will be taken to combat terrorism?

zohar

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:00 am
Terrorists are people who use violence as a mean to achieve political goals. So not every white supremacists is a terrorist just as not every islamist (not Muslim) is a terrorist. There are definitely white supremacy groups on the terrorist lists and I don't know why people think otherwise.

shoshanim999

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:01 am
allthingsblue wrote:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/14/us/white-supremacy-terrorism-soh/index.html

I agree with this article. White supremacy is and should be treated as terrorism. I wish there would be more of a push on this issue, instead of Republicans ignoring it and Democrats focusing only on gun control.

Can you educate me please? What is the difference whether a crime is considered terrorism or first degree murder?

ectomorph

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:04 am
zohar wrote:
Terrorists are people who use violence as a mean to achieve political goals. So not every white supremacists is a terrorist just as not every islamist (not Muslim) is a terrorist. There are definitely white supremacy groups on the terrorist lists and I don't know why people think otherwise.

This.

Isis took credit for las vegas. And 9/11 was muslim. Fort Hood. And the latest school shooting was a left winger.

If you only read the left wing news they obscure these facts.

FranticFrummie

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:06 am
You can't arrest people for having odious beliefs. You can only act after the crime has been committed. There are watch lists longer than the New York phone book, but that's all they can do - watch.

If you are lucky, the FBI will catch them in the planning stages of an attack, but you can't count on it.

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:18 am
ectomorph wrote:
This.

Isis took credit for las vegas. And 9/11 was muslim. Fort Hood. And the latest school shooting was a left winger.

If you only read the left wing news they obscure these facts.

There was absolutely no proof that ISIS was involved in Las Vegas.

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:21 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
Can you educate me please? What is the difference whether a crime is considered terrorism or first degree murder?

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

So based on this, the Poway, Pittsburgh, New Zealand, North Carolina church shooters were all terrorists, as they wanted to get rid of Jews or blacks for social or political objectives.
I don't hear politicians decrying "terror" after such acts, but they should.
I am not familiar with laws and measures they can take, but it seems from this article that if these people are designated as terrorists (which they officially are, but we need to hear our politicians speaking about the fact that they are terrorists, and they need to be tried as such) there are some measures that can be taken.

ectomorph

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:24 am
allthingsblue wrote:
There was absolutely no proof that ISIS was involved in Las Vegas.

The shooter's girlfriend was associated with ISIS and he had been sending her money. She lived in an Isis dominated city in the Philippines.
Additionally ISIS took credit for the attack. They have very seldom been wrong.

You'll notice he attacked people listening to country music. Ie christians.

Lesia

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 9:19 am
ectomorph wrote:
The shooter's girlfriend was associated with ISIS and he had been sending her money. She lived in an Isis dominated city in the Philippines.

Is country music considered the music of Christians? Christians have their own genre.

DrMom

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 9:26 am
allthingsblue wrote:
The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

So based on this, the Poway, Pittsburgh, New Zealand, North Carolina church shooters were all terrorists, as they wanted to get rid of Jews or blacks for social or political objectives.
I don't hear politicians decrying "terror" after such acts, but they should.
I am not familiar with laws and measures they can take, but it seems from this article that if these people are designated as terrorists (which they officially are, but we need to hear our politicians speaking about the fact that they are terrorists, and they need to be tried as such) there are some measures that can be taken.

That's interesting. Based on that definition, gang warfare between the Crips and the Bloods in the LA area is also terrorism, no?

youngishbear

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 9:55 am
DrMom wrote:
That's interesting. Based on that definition, gang warfare between the Crips and the Bloods in the LA area is also terrorism, no?

What are some social objectives of gang wars?

(Though laws have frequently been interpreted and implemented in ways beyond its intended meaning)

Last edited by youngishbear on Wed, May 15 2019, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

1untamedgirl

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:21 am
Just gonna leave this here..

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:21 am
https://www.politico.com/magaz.....ous-222576

Ectomorph, if you take that conspiracy theory as fact, I have a bridge to sell you.

But either way, that has nothing to do with the many white supremacist attacks that have taken place since. As a Jew, I am fearful. Terribly so.

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:24 am
1untamedgirl wrote:
Just gonna leave this here..

https://www.nytimes.com/intera.....hurch.html

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:25 am
DrMom wrote:

I am not familia with gangs but if they are terrorists they should certainly be prosecuted as such.

Squishy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:33 am
ectomorph wrote:

Shhhhhh You can't say Christian. You must call them Easter Worshippers.

Stupid stupid stupid politicians pandering to the leftist PC idiots.

1untamedgirl

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:33 am
allthingsblue wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

That is a NY Times article which is not known for its unbiased reporting. Please cite an article that includes statistics of how many White Supremacists there are relevant to the amount of white people there are in the world vs how many Muslims Terrorists there are relevant to the amount of Muslims there are in the world and then we can see who really commits more violent acts and how or why we can label their actions terrorism.
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h