Home

Spain Minyan

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:09 am
Anyone know if there is anywhere in Spain you can get a minyan 3 times a day? We would love to go.
I tried googling and I am having no luck.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:57 am
3x/day will be difficult to find in a country with very few practicing Jews.
Gibraltar (not in Spain technically but...)?

Also: If you find an active minyan, it will likely be only in one specific location. Do you plan to stay in that location the entire duration of your vacation so you can attend minyan 3x/day?

You can find Chabad in Madrid/Barcelona. Did you contact them?
Back to top

Dina2018




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know if there is anywhere in Spain you can get a minyan 3 times a day? We would love to go.
I tried googling and I am having no luck.

Chabad Marbella is also worth to ask
Back to top

Mayflower




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 3:27 am
Barcelona has two daily minyanim (www.jewishbarcelona.org):

Chabad Barcelona
Calle Montnegre 14 - 08029 Barcelona

Shacharit: Sunday and festivities 8:30 AM, Weekday 7:30 AM, Shabbat 9:30 AM.
Kabbalat Shabbat at candle lighting, during the summer not later than 7:30 PM and during the winter not before 5:30 PM.
Responsible:
Rabbi Dovid Libersohn;

Comunidad Judia Ortodoxa Bet David
Pla├ža de Ramon Berenguer el Gran, 2 - Barcelona
+34 616 07 31 30

Opening Hours:
Shacharit: weekday 7:30 am, Sunday and national holiday 8:30 am, Shabbat and Jewish Holidays 10 am.
Mincha: winter 1:30 pm, summer 6:30 pm.
Arvit: 7 pm.
Responsible:
Rabbi Meir Shimon Bar Hen;

Madrid, has a daily minyan (http://www.jewishmadrid.com/):

Beth Yaacov
Calle Balmes 3 - Madrid
Telephone:
+34 91 591 31 31

Shacharit: Sunday 9 AM, Mon & Thu 7:45 AM, Weekday 8 AM
Mincha Maariv: 6 PM or 15 minutes before sunset.
Responsible:
Rabbi Moshe Bendahan;


Sevilla has a minyan on Shabbos only. Same for Torremolinos.

I think that's it.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 9:51 am
DrMom wrote:
3x/day will be difficult to find in a country with very few practicing Jews.
Gibraltar (not in Spain technically but...)?

Also: If you find an active minyan, it will likely be only in one specific location. Do you plan to stay in that location the entire duration of your vacation so you can attend minyan 3x/day?

You can find Chabad in Madrid/Barcelona. Did you contact them?

Chabad in Barcelona does not have minyan three times a day.
What other place can we visit with Gibralter?
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:14 am
I know people who've combined it with Morocco, where you should be able to get minyan 3x daily in Casablanca.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Chabad in Barcelona does not have minyan three times a day.
What other place can we visit with Gibralter?


Google "day trips from Gibraltar."
Still, you will have a very restrictive schedule.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 10:18 am
doctorima wrote:
I know people who've combined it with Morocco, where you should be able to get minyan 3x daily in Casablanca.

Sounds like a good idea. Do you know if they flew or drove from one place to another? I would love more info on this.
Back to top

chagru




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:11 am
Are you talking about now or summer? In the summer (August) along the costa del sol , which is Marbella and the suroukding areas there are minyanim 3 x a day. There is a Chabad in Marbella but not sure if it's 3x a day
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:16 am
chagru wrote:
Are you talking about now or summer? In the summer (August) along the costa del sol , which is Marbella and the suroukding areas there are minyanim 3 x a day. There is a Chabad in Marbella but not sure if it's 3x a day

Beginning of July
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Minyan in Veysonnaz, Switzerland
by etg
1 Today at 6:07 pm View last post
Hotel/Motel in Hunter/Tannersville near minyan?
by amother
8 Sun, Jul 14 2019, 3:50 pm View last post
Where to go this Shabbos with minyan near NYC?
by amother
1 Fri, Jul 05 2019, 6:32 am View last post
Washington DC, interesting sites for teen boys & Minyan?
by amother
4 Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:18 am View last post
URGENT! ISO Shul/minyan near sussex county in NJ
by Adela
1 Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:28 pm View last post

Jump to: