Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Tips for taking care of IMA
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:14 am
Israeli_C wrote:
EDIT: Regarding 'exposing my children to something contagious' - what exactly am I supposed to do? They live in my house. In any case, treated or untreated, they will be 'exposed' to me. I'm very careful re washing hands, not kissing them etc when I'm ill. However, I'm their primary caretaker, and there's nobody around to take my place.

Of course. I'm not saying go away and isolate yourself, I'm saying get yourself (and them if necessary) to a doctor, get everyone on antibiotics, don't leave it untreated for weeks.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:42 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Of course. I'm not saying go away and isolate yourself, I'm saying get yourself (and them if necessary) to a doctor, get everyone on antibiotics, don't leave it untreated for weeks.

Great tips. Now you try do that in the middle of pesach when you have a 3 year old 2 year old and twin 5 months old without any childcare available and a husband who is anti-conventional medicines. Also try to justify it when it seems all you have is a sore throat which should pass within a few days.

Thanks, but this isn't the advice I asked for in the OP.

BTW why are you amother? I really dislike when people use amother as a means of talking down to others.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics