Home

Strong smell

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Guests

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:49 pm
We had a couple stay in our guestroom last week and after shabbos when I went in to clean the room I was hit with such a strong odor. I couldn’t breathe. It smelled like they sprayed a whole bottle of air refreshener or plugged one into the wall. We checked all outlets and nothing was there. My baby sleeps in that room and I didn’t feel like it was safe for him so moved him into my room for few nights. It’s already over a week and the smell is still there. Please help me figure out what they did in the room so I can get rid of the smell!!
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:01 pm
Keep all the windows open. Put in an exhaust fan in the window if you have one.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:34 pm
Charcoal might help absorb the odor. I used that to take out the gross mothball smell in my grandmother's furniture when it came to our house. I wonder if a perfume bottle broke or something. Sounds awful.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:35 pm
Ask them
Back to top

amother




Blush


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We had a couple stay in our guestroom last week and after shabbos when I went in to clean the room I was hit with such a strong odor. I couldn’t breathe. It smelled like they sprayed a whole bottle of air refreshener or plugged one into the wall. We checked all outlets and nothing was there. My baby sleeps in that room and I didn’t feel like it was safe for him so moved him into my room for few nights. It’s already over a week and the smell is still there. Please help me figure out what they did in the room so I can get rid of the smell!!


Meanwhile I just had body work done on my car 10 days ago and there’s such a strong smell I can’t get out either.,,,what to do?
Back to top

SisterSix




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:44 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Ask them


DO NOT ASK THEM!!
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:48 pm
OP, did you wash the linen? It could be their fabric softener they use and it absorbed into the linens from their pajamas or something.
Back to top

Beyla




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:54 pm
I would just wash everything. I once had an elderly guest who left a very strong body odor in the living room after Shabbos. It only left after we cleaned the couch.
Back to top

OOTBubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 3:38 pm
Try this: Nok-Out

I have never used it myself, but have heard people rave about it for removing all kinds of odors.
Back to top

yksraya




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:20 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Charcoal might help absorb the odor. I used that to take out the gross mothball smell in my grandmother's furniture when it came to our house. I wonder if a perfume bottle broke or something. Sounds awful.

Yeah I also think perfume got spilled!
Back to top

Tof Umachol




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:25 pm
I would try lighting a candle in the room and letting it burn for a few hours. That takes away most odors.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 5:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
OP, did you wash the linen? It could be their fabric softener they use and it absorbed into the linens from their pajamas or something.

No I didn’t. I just took it off and it’s in a pile on edge of bed. Thanks I’ll wash it now.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 5:11 pm
yksraya wrote:
Yeah I also think perfume got spilled!

This also makes a lot of sense.
Back to top

sarahmalka




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 7:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We had a couple stay in our guestroom last week and after shabbos when I went in to clean the room I was hit with such a strong odor. I couldn’t breathe. It smelled like they sprayed a whole bottle of air refreshener or plugged one into the wall. We checked all outlets and nothing was there. My baby sleeps in that room and I didn’t feel like it was safe for him so moved him into my room for few nights. It’s already over a week and the smell is still there. Please help me figure out what they did in the room so I can get rid of the smell!!

OP the exact same thing happened to me!! Smelled like they sprayed Febreze or something. It was in my preschooler's room and even she complained about it when she moved back in. I washed the linens but it still took weeks for the smell to dissipate.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 8:52 pm
Beyla wrote:
I would just wash everything. I once had an elderly guest who left a very strong body odor in the living room after Shabbos. It only left after we cleaned the couch.

This.
I hope it all clears up soon!
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 9:11 pm
yksraya wrote:
Yeah I also think perfume got spilled!

this is how my babys room smells all the time. its yuck & smell doesn't leave. I can have all windows open in the room but it just lingers. I don't even dare touch the chair where the smell most likely is embedded.

Good luck op. hope you get rid of the smell real fast...
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Guests

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Looking to buy lightweight strong suction vac.
by amother
4 Fri, May 17 2019, 2:36 pm View last post
Spinoff... I'm scared to smell help
by amother
2 Thu, May 09 2019, 4:07 pm View last post
Fish smell when cooking
by smile
4 Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:45 am View last post
My fermented pickles taste/ smell like horses!
by amother
1 Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:37 am View last post
How to avoid/combat the sautéed onion smell 8 Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:06 am View last post
by ila

Jump to: