Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Closures of yeshivas due to failure to vaccinate

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 1:35 pm
Because it's due to lack of compliance with health codes regarding vaccination, we are not concerned that the city has shut down numerous yeshivas. None of us want to see unsafe schools stay open at the public's expense. None of us wants to see others disregard the rules that the rest of us follow.
Those who want the motto to be "live and let live" probably wonder why we are okay with yeshivas being closed.

I believe that there would be lots of noise if it was for any other reason such as refusal to teach ideas that are anti-Torah. We would eagerly storm city hall but we can stay silent about kids who are missing out on learning if the only thing that the government wants is for the students to be vaccinated.

Of course, if they want the yeshivas opened badly enough, there is an obvious solution.

Forgive me if it is one too many threads on the topic.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 1:38 pm
the kids are being sent home to stop the outbreak which is endangering many and keeping many more kids home from yeshiva. they can vaccinate if they want. most aren't upset b/c they want the outbreak to end

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed, May 15 2019, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 1:39 pm
Agree! I can't understand why any school would neglect the rules at this point (or ever... But that's a different discussion).

tweety1

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 1:55 pm
For every school that gets shut down due to lack of vaccination I smile again. Dare I say that so outright?!?!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:16 pm
There's nothing anti semitic about what's going on. Simply a really big chilul Hashem.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:40 pm
Did the schools fail to comply? Or was there too many religious exemptions in those schools? Just curious.

I do totally agree in closing the schools for a few days or what most schools do, not allow the unvaxed kids to come till the matter is taken care of.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:44 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Because it's due to lack of compliance with health codes regarding vaccination, we are not concerned that the city has shut down numerous yeshivas. None of us want to see unsafe schools stay open at the public's expense. None of us wants to see others disregard the rules that the rest of us follow.
Those who want the motto to be "live and let live" probably wonder why we are okay with yeshivas being closed.

I believe that there would be lots of noise if it was for any other reason such as refusal to teach ideas that are anti-Torah. We would eagerly storm city hall but we can stay silent about kids who are missing out on learning if the only thing that the government wants is for the students to be vaccinated.

Of course, if they want the yeshivas opened badly enough, there is an obvious solution.

Forgive me if it is one too many threads on the topic.

Please do not start more vaccine threads! Post your comments under one of the many, many, many other ones. Thanks.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:52 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Please do not start more vaccine threads! Post your comments under one of the many, many, many other ones. Thanks.

I thought that as long as it's under the topic of vaccination that it's fine to start new ones. My impression is that those who are tired of the subject blocked it from their feed. I thought that it was only not allowed if it was started in another forum. If you are a mod, please post as such. If not, please consider blocking the vaccine forum.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:53 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

I disagree as this is not only about vaccines but about the yeshiva closures which kind of needs a thread of it's own. Whoever doesn't like the subject can easily not click into those threads or block them.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:56 pm
yksraya wrote:
Did the schools fail to comply? Or was there too many religious exemptions in those schools? Just curious.

I do totally agree in closing the schools for a few days or what most schools do, not allow the unvaxed kids to come till the matter is taken care of.

Some failed to provide records showing proof of vaccination and one day care center was not informed that babies 6 months and up needed to be vaccinated but would have complied.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:00 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Some failed to provide records showing proof of vaccination and one day care center was not informed that babies 6 months and up needed to be vaccinated but would have complied.

"Not informed"? That's a lousy excuse. They're expected to know their legal obligations if they choose to have a day care center. This is very, very basic. Not some obscure rule about how many electrical outlets are required in each classroom.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:04 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Oy! That's a pity. It's hard for big mosdos to stay so on top of every detail of every kid. But it's also very important to make sure the secretaries in these mosdos do a good job when a kid gets registered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics