Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wedding gown?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:11 am
My husbands niece is getting married in a few weeks. I have no idea what to wear, in terms of long or short. We are newly married, and I'm too shy to ask my sisters in law! I have a long dress that I wear to my bffs weddings. Do I wear that? Do I buy a fancy short dress?
What's the protocal? Long or short? Wedding is fancy and in Brooklyn.

Sebastian

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:12 am
Depends what the other aunts are wearing. It can go either way

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:19 am
Sebastian wrote:
Depends what the other aunts are wearing. It can go either way

Oh man. I'm too shy to ask them, though TMI

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:58 am
You need to ask what the other aunts will be wearing. Too shy to ask a sister n law? Nothing to be shy about. Maybe ask your mother n law.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:08 am
long styles are coming back just like the 70's ...

Eselle13

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:46 am
Ask your husband to ask his sisters/brothers (about their wives) for you. I had a similar situation right after I got married and that's what I did.

Don't ask what should I wear - cause they'll be to polite to say. Ask - what are you wearing? Then you'll get a better idea if what you have already works.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:55 am
It is a great conversation starter to get to know them better.
Call them and say Mazel Tov!!! I'm so excited for Chani's wedding!!!! Simchas are so nice. What are you wearing? .....you can also ask them their opinion on what you should wear-but if you do, you must follow. Most people love putting in their two cents, however being you are new, if you ask their opinion and then you do the opposite, they will be put off.
(It also doesn't hurt to ask what their kids are wearing and tell them how cute they will look.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics