Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Badatz Hotel?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 4:53 pm
Can anyone recommend a badatz hotel (both food and guests...) that is appropriate for a family to go on a short vacation in the summer? pool with separate hours, things for kids to do, etc.?

blessedjmom

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 5:08 pm
I'm not sure about badatz. Try to find out about moshav chofetz chaim.
Also Galei tzans. I'm sure the hechsher there is very good.

Kibbutz Lavi, and ner etzion may also be options. They're not badatz tho. But considered good hechsher.
If I think of any other place I'll be back here.

mochamix18

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 5:45 pm
Hotels with bedatz hechsherim are generally rare, however there is a lovely boutique hotel on Haniviim street in Yerushalayim called Litov. Their hechsher is Eida Hareidis and they are very central. If you’re willing to go Rabbanut Mehadrin Yerushalayim you have more options, generally all the food used is under strict bedatz hechsherim and there is always a mashgiach on the premises. Hotels with this hechsher include Prima Kings, Leonardo Plaza, The Ramada and Waldorf Astoria among others. Good luck!

saramalka

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 6:05 pm
Waldorf is regular rabbanut

Chafetz chaim is badatz as is ganei sanz
There is also kinirot in tiveria which is badatz

saramalka

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 6:10 pm
Ramada at some point was ou hechsher

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 6:17 pm
does anyone have an personal experiences?
I don't want to hear negative thing just in general how people have found the experience to be with kids. if it's worthwhile or better to get a private tzimmer up north with a pool.

saramalka

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 7:47 pm
My family loved kibbutz lavi. There are separate swimming hours, food with a rav Rubin hechsher. Itscavnuce hotel and most rooms are decent.
They have some activities on the kibbutz, plus they have a person that helps you plan daily activities. If you can afford it, its amazing

Rappel

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:00 pm
Most towns have the hechsher of the local rabbi, for obvious reasons. If you post the hechsher of a tsimmer you like, then we can tell you what we know about that Rav's reliability.

Israeli_C

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:50 pm
I went to the Kinar Hotel in the Galilee and loved it - separate swimming on the Kinneret, great facilities and the rooms were nice too.

BTW when you hear a place has separate swimming, it's worth while double checking it. Netanya has a 'separate beach' which was supposed to be on 'men's hours' and when DH went there he encountered loads of women. Apparently the iriya was supposed to be responsible, perhaps a hotel with their name at stake will be more careful.

Kibbutz Lavi is a nice place to go with kids. We went there to visit only because their hecsher is not our standard. My DD loved checking out their cows Tongue Out

tsc3

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:50 am
There are also specific programs that take over a hotel, almost like a pesach program. They up the kashrus standard and provide separate swimming and nightly entertainment. There's one called 'gil nofesh' you can look them up.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:53 am
Several years ago I went to the Jerusalem Ramada for Pesach, and it was very nice. Call ahead to find out about the status of the kitchen. I don't know if they've changed their standards or not.

The Rimon is supposed to be good, too.

jkw

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:32 am
Last time we were at Lavi they had signs for meat etc. that was Rubin. So it is possible to get higher hecsher there. Just check when you book. Great place for kids and wonderful swimming pool!

kakky

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:49 am
Chafetz Chiam has a petting zoo, a water park with seperate hours, a tour of the kibbutz.

meme6

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:42 am
Grand court hotel in yerushlayim

fiji

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:15 am
Nir etzion, kibbutz lavi, chofetz chaim, kinar
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions