Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Starting to dread looking like a wreck on 3 day Y"T Shavuos
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:08 pm
I need fresh makeup, its bad enough on Shabbos when I cant put on makeup, but some lasts from Friday.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:11 pm
It's tough, but we all will get through it iyH. You can put on spray for long lasting. By the third day, we will all look pretty bad....o well. Healthy is most important. Count your blessings!! and I am sure you are beautiful the way you are.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:13 pm
Get urban decay spray to keep your makeup overnight...get a good long_lasting lipstick and waterproof mascara and ur good to go.

yksraya

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:15 pm
Makeup is great to enhance our appearance. Yet, we are beautiful the way we are. Just don't think much about it.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:16 pm
I tint my brows and lashes so when all the makeup is off I have at least some color on my face.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:35 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I tint my brows and lashes so when all the makeup is off I have at least some color on my face.

Do you tint them yourself or have a professional do it? What brand do you use?
On another note, I can't deal with not shampooing my hair for three days.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:45 pm
Get a wedge pillow. Sleep on your back. Don't let your lips touch the food. Drink with a straw. Dont sweat or go out in the heat.

Ditto above suggestion dying brows and lashes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:47 pm
I've so given up with this. My makeup doesn't even last through Friday night anymore. It used to still look decent on day 2 of a 3-day Yom Tov.

I'm considering not wearing any makeup at all. I'd rather not have the gross feeling from makeup that came off. I'll probably end up wearing makeup just for my own vanity, but it's hard to see it disappear.

I've tried so many different things. None work.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:04 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Get a wedge pillow. Sleep on your back. Don't let your lips touch the food. Drink with a straw. Dont sweat or go out in the heat.

Ditto above suggestion dying brows and lashes.

Ive tried it all. By day three, my face looks like something the cat dragged in, even though I have a decent figure, and Im pretty stylish. I guess theres always the Brown Paper bag solution.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Do you tint them yourself or have a professional do it? What brand do you use?
On another note, I can't deal with not shampooing my hair for three days.

I have it done professionally. I would love to figure it out how to do it on my own so I can do it more often.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:13 am
In my twenties I had severe acne, and I required thick, opaque foundation to have the confidence to leave my house. A 3-day yom tov was traumatizing in that sense, so I understand.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:17 am
Lash extensions and a spray tan does it for me.
Btw I once had a non jewish make up artist come to me before simchas torah cuz I had to go to the mikvah and didnt want to look horrible in shul. Paid her thru quickpay before yom tov and had a few other restrictions but it helped me really feel pretty ....

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:31 am
Check out 7th Day Shine on Instagram. It is a new line of fully rabbinical approved shabbos makeup.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:40 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Check out 7th Day Shine on Instagram. It is a new line of fully rabbinical approved shabbos makeup.

Id like to see a before and after tutorial video. Is there anything to watch to see the before and after looks?

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:05 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Can't Believe It Banging head

This is no way to live. How can you sleep on your back if you're a side sleeper? How will you enjoy the delicious food and drink? How will you go out with your DH/children?

Stop the madness.

And actually...you should stop wearing makeup. Now. Because you only think you need makeup so badly because you got used to the made up look. Now, you think you look awful without makeup.

If you got used to yourself without makeup, you'd be fine with the way you look over a 3-day yom tov and you'd be able to enjoy yourself without worry.

Also... I've seen this so much with older women in my community - 60s-70s. They wear a full face of makeup every day. When you see them without the makeup, they look terrrrrrible. Don't do it to yourself.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:28 am
Lip and cheek stain, and lose powder make up like Bare Minerals or Pink Quartz (Etsy).

As long as you are not painting or layering, you should be fine. There are online tutorials on how to apply make up on Shabbos. https://www.7thdayshine.com/about#halachos

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:10 am
On the upside, at least we're able to cover our hair with sheitels. When I was single, forget about makeup, my hair was oily and nasty!!!

It's the worst when ur foundation is kinda half off, but on enough to make u break out, and ur mascara is flaky, ur eyeliner is smeared and making u have bags under ur eyes.. U get the picture!

It's hard when ur used to makeup, but I find that when I'm really self conscious about my face before a long Yom tov, I take a couple of days before to let my skin breathe and moisturize it, do a mask or whatever. When YT comes embrace the no-makeup, clean look. Just curl ur lashes. U'll have glowing natural skin so u'll look healthy and beautiful!

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:06 am
When I was a teen I was very insecure and wore a LOT of makeup. This has been gradually decreasing and since I got married I wear very minimal makeup. As someone mentioned, tinting brows and lashes makes a huge difference if you are fair skinned. I only started embracing how I look recently when I had to go to the mikveh for the first time in my life on erev shabbat, which turned out to be the same shabbat my synagogue was hosting a communal trip to Jslm which I'd already committed to and put a lot of money into. I was forced to 'face my fears' - literally! But you know what? Very few people noticed I was without makeup. And those who did just asked if I was tired. That was it. Since then I've started going barefaced much more and am coming to terms with the fact that this is ME.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:51 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Can't Believe It Banging head

This is no way to live. How can you sleep on your back if you're a side sleeper? How will you enjoy the delicious food and drink? How will you go out with your DH/children?

Stop the madness.

And actually...you should stop wearing makeup. Now. Because you only think you need makeup so badly because you got used to the made up look. Now, you think you look awful without makeup.

If you got used to yourself without makeup, you'd be fine with the way you look over a 3-day yom tov and you'd be able to enjoy yourself without worry.

Also... I've seen this so much with older women in my community - 60s-70s. They wear a full face of makeup every day. When you see them without the makeup, they look terrrrrrible. Don't do it to yourself.

Another Green, thank you for writing what my thoughts were. I also thought about intimacy and how restrictive all of the above would be for OP’s DH. 👏

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:21 am
I use shabbos makeup. I scrub my face every day, and start fresh. It feels amazing.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics