Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Metallic shoes- garbage!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 11:42 am
I bought this very expensive pair of metallic YT shoes before Pesach and after wearing indoors for 1-2 hours, they looked ready for the garbage!
I brought back to store after YT and the store owner didn't back her product at all and refused to reimburse or even let me contact the company!
All she did was halfheartedly offer to get dye, which she never did. she also sent me to diff shoe store for the dye, which they don't have either and that store owner told me, never buy metallic shoes!
well, how was I supposed to know?? She didn't warn me at all, just took my money and that's it. I don't want to create whole fight as she's member of my community close to home and not worth it but it's frustrating! What a waste of hard earned money! Banging head

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 11:53 am
It’s why I don’t shop at frummy stores.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:18 pm
For trendy shoes that probably will be out of style next season, I always buy the really cheap ones that are made in China. I pay as little as possible, and expect them to fall apart by the time no one is wearing them anymore.

For shoes I will be wearing year round, for when I have to do a lot of walking, running errands, etc. I will pay a LOT of money, and expect them to be repaired, resoled, or redyed on a fairly regular basis (once every year or two).

I'm actually that way about all of my clothes. Buy trendy stuff is as cheap as I can find it, and wardrobe staples are always top quality. If you mix and match properly, you can make the cheap stuff look expensive just by balancing your look right.

PS: NEVER buy shoes with glitter on them. It falls off and sheds everywhere, and then you'll have bare patches. They'll look 100 years old by the end of the week.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:22 pm
I'm sorry, that's so frustrating Sad Did you use a card with purchase protection? That's the kind of thing I would file a claim for.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:22 pm
If a store doesn't value it's customers, they can't reasonably expect you to keep patronizing it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I'm sorry, that's so frustrating Sad Did you use a card with purchase protection? That's the kind of thing I would file a claim for.

No, I paid by check Sad

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:35 pm
Afew local shoe stores in my area have signs hanging that they don't take responsibility for metallic, glitter, or shoes with ornaments.
I've gotten metallic shoes at zara & next direct that held up beautifully through the season.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics