Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
SHEITELS AGAIN! (I'll be quick!)

hot chocolate!

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:42 pm
Hi
I want to buy a new wig, and would love some advice
I want a really pretty natural looking wig, that has lots of volume, lots of hair and not "limp".
I wear my wig at shoulder length.
Technically I could afford a high end one (BK etc) but before I do that I want to know
A: is it worth it to spend so much, ( is it a marketing scam etc), or perhaps it IS nicer ,has better hairs etc, but still not THAT much nicer than medium priced wigs (1,00-2,000)
B: Does anyone have personal experience with Bk wigs or similar?
C: And finally, recommendations of sheitel machers, companies etc ( in BP) and sheitel styles.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:44 pm
I'm not in BP so I can't help with specifics. But I really believe in buying from a shaitel macher who sells multiple brands and offers good customer service. Not directly from the salon of the wig brand.

cnc

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 12:48 pm
There is a difference that you can see, that being said I never spent more than 1500 on a wig and I’m very happy with my wigs.

In Boro park you can try Perela Pretter

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 1:22 pm
There is a difference and if you're wearing shoulder length and can afford it go with a better quality wig.

There are very few options for mid range good quality hair. Irene used to have VIP line but they stopped that. Zissy came out with a cheaper line yet still European beautiful hair. It's called Z-line. Shoulder length would be about 1700-1800.

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 1:23 pm
I second the opinion about going to a sheitalmacher rather than the company directly. They're much more unbiased.

hot chocolate!

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 1:27 pm
Thanks
I'm ok with spending more, since I didn't get myself a sheitel for a while ,and I want a real gorgeous one, anyone have experience with BKs or Beverly?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:33 pm
I have a friend who has a BK and swears by it.

I would recommend getting a wig that wont oxidize, especially now in the summer.

If you are willing to spend more, I would get a kiki. I have one and I lovvvvvve it. The hair is so soft and thick, but the wig is not heavy at all. It doesnt knot or oxidize quickly. It's flat on top, and I got a lace front, so it looks crazy natural. I think I spent a little over 3, which is not bad at all.
Flat tops are very in, no layers, and straight across cut. Ashy dark roots and icy highlights.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:36 pm
hot chocolate! wrote:
Hi
I want to buy a new wig, and would love some advice
I want a really pretty natural looking wig, that has lots of volume, lots of hair and not "limp".

Lots of volume, lots of hair AND natural looking wig - almost impossible . For me, if I see a lot of hair - immediately I suspect a wig, can’t help it, sorry .

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:55 pm
After years of buying lower-to-mid range wigs, I bought a bk a year ago.

OMG. Such a difference! The hair is full, bouncing, and lush. I wear it quite short, and yet it looks stylish and attractive.

Cut by toby pal, bp.

hot chocolate!

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:55 am
Cheshire cat wrote:
After years of buying lower-to-mid range wigs, I bought a bk a year ago.

OMG. Such a difference! The hair is full, bouncing, and lush. I wear it quite short, and yet it looks stylish and attractive.

Cut by toby pal, bp.

what style did you get? sleek or naturally wavy?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics