Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Math problem- how do I figure this out?
Previous  1  2  3

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:44 pm
Groissa momma, when u share the thread, can u block out my user name. Thanks 😊

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:50 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Groissa momma, when u share the thread, can u block out my user name. Thanks 😊

You're too funny! I would tell them about it, not actually show them the site. Unless I want to answer um, lots of questions unrelated to math 😀...

Mommyg8, no insult intended! You did fine. I understood your explanation. It's really, really hard to teach math over the phone or on the computer.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:59 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Mommyg8, no insult intended! You did fine. I understood your explanation. It's really, really hard to teach math over the phone or on the computer.

Mommyg8, math teachers can't help but chime in on a math thread. Makes us feel useful. We're very accustomed to people saying to us "I hate math" and "when will this ever be used in real life?"

I thought your explanation was fine and I understood what you were saying. Also, groisamomma wasn't commenting on your grasp of math, but more that that explanation needs to be used for people who don't have that intuitive grasp. That's what you were doing for the benefit of everyone else on the thread.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:19 pm
smileforamile wrote:
Mommyg8, math teachers can't help but chime in on a math thread. Makes us feel useful. We're very accustomed to people saying to us "I hate math" and "when will this ever be used in real life?"

I thought your explanation was fine and I understood what you were saying. Also, groisamomma wasn't commenting on your grasp of math, but more that that explanation needs to be used for people who don't have that intuitive grasp. That's what you were doing for the benefit of everyone else on the thread.

What?! Your students ever ask you that?! How dare they! Rolling Laughter

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:54 pm
Yay I even managed to explain this to my kid so well done on the explanations!

mema613

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:30 pm
You solve the equation .02X=200. You are saying that 2 percent of what number is 200. X will be your yearly earnings
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics