Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Fully trained number one zero number two

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 9:52 pm
I just trained my daughter who will be three in august. She was by far my easiest one. Problem is it’s only number one. When she has to go she just goes, rarely has accidents. Number two she goes in underwear and tells me after the fact or I’ll catch her in the act. She doesn’t ask for a diaper or save it for night. It’s always in her underwear during the day. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to put her back in diapers because she does number one so beautifully but she also can’t keep going dirty in her underwear. I trained her around a week and half ago.

oneofakind

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 9:58 pm
Sit her on the toilet at certain times when she is most likely to have a bowel movement-after breakfast, after she comes home from playgroup, etc. Have a special toy there, books, let her sit there relaxed for a good few minutes, if you keep her company and read to her she'll stay longer-as long as she is able and hopefully, you'll catch her doing it in the toilet and you'll praise her to the sky. Keep this up and hopefully she'll get used to it.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:29 pm
It's very normal for it to take longer for #2. It's only over a week, give it more time. Some kids are scared and need to break the fear.
If you see she makes around the same time every day, sit her on the toilet that timing. Get cheap underwear and throw them out when dirty. When she has an accident, keep showing her that this belongs in the toilet and have her help with clean up.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 11:35 pm
I just went through this. He was trained in September. Took only a few days and was peeing only in the potty. For the first week did number two in the potty. After that he pooped in his pants every day for the next 5 months. Bh he was smart enough not to do it in school. But it was really frustrating. Bh we are over with that. Once he started pooping in the toilet he hasn’t had an accident. Just be patient.
Don’t give any attention for it. Just change the clothes and move on with your day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training