Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/o CIO from a hashkafic perspective
Previous  1  2  3

aricelli

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:58 pm
I always go in after my child cries for a while just to make sure there isnt a legitimate reason for the crying. This after I found my babies foot stuck between the bars of her crib and another time my child was really wet and uncomfortable.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:48 pm
CIO is really not ideal parenting in any situation. If your baby is screaming like that, I wouldn't just say he is a bad sleeper rather try to understand what he is communicating. I do agree with the poster who said that he is probably overtired. When we catch our babys after their sleep window (when they are primed for sleep , )then we will be met with much more resistance. Read the book " The No Cry To Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It's a fantastic read and a very humane approach
Chayelle, you are one of my favorite posters and I really enjoy all the nuggets of wisdom that you share. In regards to the Ferber method I'm pretty sure that research shows that that is an unhealthy and unwise approach. When your kids were little that was probably what they said to do then. As we see from this thread ideas and research regarding child development is constantly evolving.
The concept of waiting three hours to eat to place your baby on a " schedule" is also outdated and very detrimental to a child's physical and emotional well being. Unfortunately, amongst many that idea is going strong:( Crying
Hatzlacha to all mothers out there in raising our children to the best of our ability. Very Happy

tichellady

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:28 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
CIO is really not ideal parenting in any situation. If your baby is screaming like that, I wouldn't just say he is a bad sleeper rather try to understand what he is communicating. I do agree with the poster who said that he is probably overtired. When we catch our babys after their sleep window (when they are primed for sleep , )then we will be met with much more resistance. Read the book " The No Cry To Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It's a fantastic read and a very humane approach
Chayelle, you are one of my favorite posters and I really enjoy all the nuggets of wisdom that you share. In regards to the Ferber method I'm pretty sure that research shows that that is an unhealthy and unwise approach. When your kids were little that was probably what they said to do then. As we see from this thread ideas and research regarding child development is constantly evolving.
The concept of waiting three hours to eat to place your baby on a " schedule" is also outdated and very detrimental to a child's physical and emotional well being. Unfortunately, amongst many that idea is going strong:( Crying
Hatzlacha to all mothers out there in raising our children to the best of our ability. Very Happy

The research actually seems to indicate that cio is fine. Many pediatricians actually encourage it for families where the baby isn’t sleeping and the parents aren’t functioning well. I found the “ no cry solution” to be the “ no sleep solution”. I read all the books and tried so many things. Some families need to do cio to get everyone the sleep they need.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics