Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need info on communities..

Beingreal

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:45 am
Looking about more info. We are chilled out Yeshivish and looking for a warm oot community that has cheaper housing, and a goid job market. We are also lioking for a place that will overlook credit scores because ours is not the best. Help?

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:50 am
Cleveland is super cheap

Beingreal

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:51 am
Cleveland didnt work out

Kiwi13

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:52 am
Rochester is awesome, but job potential depends on your field.

rachlglsr

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:54 am
Elkins park, pa?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:15 am
Beingreal wrote:
Looking about more info. We are chilled out Yeshivish and looking for a warm oot community that has cheaper housing, and a goid job market. We are also lioking for a place that will overlook credit scores because ours is not the best. Help?

What about South Bend? Housing might not be super cheap but you can get a really nice house for 350K. Community is warm and rather frum for being so small. Job market might depend on what you do. There are people here who help people acquire houses. Contact CDISouthBend@gmail.com

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:15 am
Baltimore is NOT small, but still considered OOT. Some areas are expensive, but some really reasonably priced. There are jobs. A lot of industries between outlying suburbs and downtown. About an hour from DC. Lots of government agencies right outside Baltimore and DC. I don't know current job availability at this exact moment.
The city has a huge mix. Yeshivish, MO, Chasidish, etc. But everyone gets along.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:22 am
What's your housing budget, and what field are you looking for jobs in? In no particular order, I'd look into Detroit, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Houston, Dallas (North Eruv - cheaper housing), Milwaukee, Norfolk, St. Louis, and maybe Portland OR. They all obviously have their pros and cons.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:29 am
can you rent first while you build up your credit score before you buy a house?

mha3484

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:33 am
Chicago has a lot of chilled yeshivish people. I would say its medium on the expensive scale. Cheaper then NY but more expensive then places like milkwaukee, cleveland, south bend.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:38 am
Cincinnati is oot yeshivish.
Housing- often 200-350
Tuition- vouchers
Very nice people!
Job market - depends what you do. Would you like to post your fields?

Beingreal

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:17 pm
My dh works in customer service and I like to work with children anywhere from babies to 5 year olds. We are looking to rent first year with a budget og. 1300 to 1500. We are a family of 5. Norfolk we love but we cant get an apartment based on our credit score.

etr

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:20 pm
Orlando. Lots of jobs here, out if town community, and cheap housing.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:20 pm
have you tried offering a larger security deposit? or any family members that can co-sign the lease. wondering if there's a way to offset the "risk" they feel from renting to someone with poor credit?

Beingreal

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:23 pm
Really? I spoke to someone in orlando is expensive and rent starts at 1800. Is that true? I feel so down in the dumps. Every community I feel hopeful and excited about just doesn't work out. But we can't stay where we are.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:35 pm
Lakewood, or more likely Jackson/TR might work for you.

OTOH, the school Parsha is an absolute nitemare. I'm sure you know that.
I wouldn't exactly call it chilled out Yeshivish. Although, in TR , we are seeing more and relaxed Yeshivish moving in.

On the other, its been my experience that many yidden here that are looking to rent out their investment properties and don't want an aina yehudi, will meet you.
If they get to know to you, and feel that they can trust you, will rent w/o credit scores..

rachlglsr

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:41 pm
Elkins park is a mix. We have our share of chilled put yeshivish, but you need to be open to diversity.
Affordable housing etc.

pearled

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:45 pm
Northeast Philadelphia. Can rent a 3 bedroom nice size duplex/twin house for that. Lmk if you want contact there to help answer any questions. Hatzlacha!

etr

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 1:22 pm
Orlando Rents are expensive because you have to rent a 3/4 bedroom house - no apartments in the eruv. But you can buy the same house for $300k.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating